Dare

Huzaifah POV:

"Assalamu alaikum Hafiz Huzaifah, take care inshallah. See you tomorrow!" Osman waved, heading towards his car in the darkness of the serene evening. Maghrib salah had just finished and people were slowly emptying out of the mosque. 

"Walaikum Assalam." I replied, walking briskly out of the mosque.

A dark polished car sped towards me halting in front of my figure. "Hurry up man!" Abu Hurairah honked angrily, rolling down his window staring at me with a deep frown. After maghrib salah, I had been ranting away with Osman forgetting about Abu Hurairah in the car waiting for me patiently. "How many hours does it take to finish two rakat salah? I have been sitting in the car for half an hour and my butt hurts man."

"I am here, chill!" I panted, getting in the car beside him. The tranquil night seemed calm with only the chirping of grasshoppers and fireflies invading the eerie silence of the darkness.

I had forced Abu Hurairah to wear a thobe and turban for Maghrib Salah and he looked like the cutest boy on earth. I just couldn't help myself but pinch his cheeks and make them red. "Look at my cute little brother." I cooed annoyingly.

"Let go, no touching." He grumbled, swatting my hand away. "We are men, we don't touch."

I rolled my eyes, "I officially declare that you are inhumane." I said dramatically, pretending to bawl. Abu Hurairah disregarded my presense carrying in a serene quietness in the car that guarded us heavily. 

"If Hawa ever said, she loved some other guy... what would you do?" Abu Hurairah blurted out randomly, his eyes connected to the road and his hands fixed on the steering wheel firmly.

I jerked my head to look at him with a raised eyebrow, "Where did that come from? She's never going to do that, inshallah!"

"I know, but what if that happens... what will you do?" Abu Hurairah eyed me, waiting for me to utter my next word.

"I'll punch the guy right away and then I'll brag to Hawa about how cool and good looking I am. Perhaps I'll show off my muscle and-"

Abu Hurairah scowled, "Okay, you can shut up now. Remind me why I even ask you for advice?" Abu Hurairah muttered to himself, rolling his eyes irritably. "But... I wouldn't do the same. If Safoora likes a guy, I'd give her a divorce because she deserves to live with a guy she likes more than me."

"What!" I cried in horror, my heart ceasing immediately at his words. "You can't do that! Besides... you're the only guy she seems to handle, otherwise she has beef with literally every guy out there. She's never going to like a guy in her life other than you."

"Are you sure? I don't think so. We don't even like each other in that way."

I smirked, poking him. "You like her. Don't lie to me, you do right?" I teased, staring at his blushing face that was quite evident in the darkness of the night.

"No, I don't." He frowned, pushing me away. "I am driving here and you're distracting."

"Then why are you blushing?" I poked his cheeks, drowning in laughter.

"I do like her as a cousin, nothing more. Stop questioning me, okay." He fumed, knitting his brows angrily.

"Father of Cats loves Saff, Father of Cats loves Saff, Father of Cats loves Saff..." I chanted cheerfully while Abu Hurairah groaned heavily, mentally plotting to throw me out of his car anytime soon.

Ping!

Abu Hurairah looked down at his phone and his lips tucked upwards into a full blown smile. "Safoora texted."