Reconciliation

Abu Hurairah POV:

Everything was totally all my fault!

At times like this, I regretted even marrying her. I always made dreadful mistakes and now... I was pulling down Safoora in it as well. I hated Paxton right now, I wanted to do more than punches to him. Paxton has a harsh life himself but that doesn't mean he traumatizes others' as well by torturing them. What he had done to my wife was severely grave, I just prayed Safoora recovered quickly.

 Safoora had beaten Paxton down several times but not to the point where he was hospitalized. She spared him every single time, when she could have done much worse. However, for Paxton... he had taken his only opportunity to crush her down during her weakest stage. Raging thoughts were clouding my mind, because of him I wasn't sure I would be able to sleep tonight. 

After spending hours reciting the Quran, I finally closed it shut and got up with a sigh. Huzaifah and Hawa were awfully mad at me, in fact I was mad at myself as well. Why couldn't I just bring her home as Huzaifah had asked me too?

I needed to apologize to Huzaifah, not only to him but to the whole family.

إِنَّمَا ٱلۡمُؤۡمِنُونَ إِخۡوَةٌ۬ فَأَصۡلِحُواْ بَيۡنَ أَخَوَيۡكُمۡ‌ۚ وَٱتَّقُواْ ٱللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تُرۡحَمُونَ

The believers are nothing else than brothers. So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allâh, that you may receive mercy. (Hujraat, 10)

 I slowly sauntered to my room and crept the door open with hesitation, Huzaifah sat beside Safoora looking down at his hands blankly appalled with regret and remorse. Safoora slept beside him soundlessly, a mixture of discomfort and tranquility written on her face. The doctor probably had given her something with a soporific effect causing her to heavily sleep with reduced pain.

Sighing stiffly, I made my way towards Huzaifah and touched his shoulder gently. "Huzaifah, you can go to sleep. I'll stay with her!" I breathed. We were best friends, more like close brothers and I wasn't letting Shaytan come in between us and ruin our relationship because of this

"Yeah, but before that... we need to talk!" He said coldly, without sparing me a single glance.

"Sure." I sat beside him reluctantly, waiting for him to start his questioning.

"How did this happen?" Huzaifah asked calmly, lifting Safoora's sleeves a little showing me a deep red bruise that ran upwards. 

My heart clenched tightly in my chest, it was already hurting me to see Safoora gravely abused. "I know it's my fault Huzaifah, you can scream at me all you want. I deserve it! You're right, I should have brought her home right away." I heaved sorrowfully, unconsciously lacing my hands through Safoora's hand. "I kind of told her this marriage was fake, she ran away from me and then... Paxton found her alone and attacked her."

"Why did you tell her that?" Huzaifah asked with annoyance, knitting his brows. "You clearly knew she was sick. Why did you fool around with her? Is this marriage really fake?"

I sighed deeply with regret, "I know, I'm sorry. I am already regretting it!"

"Do you want to get divorced Abu Hurairah?" He asked softly, his voice lacing with sorrowful hesitation. "I will support you no matter what, maybe Hawa is right... you two are not meant for each other-"

"I think it's too late for that." I whispered, not looking at him.

"No it's not. I don't think so-"