Seen

Huzaifah POV:

"Hey Adam look at this data." I slid the paper to Adam who sat next to me as we both tried to create blueprints for our newest invention.

Adam placed the end of the pen on the edge of his lips, one of his hands stroking his hair as he brainstormed for our project with his eyes glued on the paper. "We could definitely..." He trailed off looking up, the pen and papers tumbling out of his hands. 

 "Adam?" I snapped, groaning as he stared off at the wall behind me. What was so interesting about my house wall?

Sighing, I turned around to only to find him staring at Safoora wide-eyed. Safoora stared back at him in utmost shock and terror. No, this can't be happening! No one is suppose to see Safoora, she covers herself only for Allah. 

Why did I not call and tell mom that Adam was over? 

So stupid, Huzaifah. So stupid!

Huzaifah think of something!

"Hey, aren't you one of Saff's friend? Saff is upstairs, she should be in her room." I told her calmly, silently mouthing the word 'RUN'.  Immediately both of their eyes disconnected and Safoora ran upstairs without another command.

"Wow, she was some cute chick?" Adam said dreamily picking up the papers he dropped. Okay, I needed to invent some 'forgeting memory sprays' after the mouth filters just to wipe out this memories from Adams head.

"You shouldn't look at a women after one glance." I glared at him with a scowl, clenching onto my blue print.

"Excuse me, why were you looking at her?" Adam threw back.

"I didn't even look at her until you threw me the message that you were having a difficulty breaking a stupid eye contact with a girl which basically made me the hero and come to the rescue. Just be grateful man!" I muttered.

"Whatever." 

The entire day, Adam seemed unfocused and so did I. We were barely having any progress because of his encounter with my sister, he kept on zoning out leaving me alone to figure things out. I know it was my fault, I should've told her beforehand about Adam's presence in this house. I'm so stupid, I should probably rip out my hair.

"I thing we should call it a day!" I said angrily, rolling the blueprint and stuffing the papers in the drawers. 

"Why, we didn't even start?" Adam asked confused.

"Just go home, Adam." I commanded tiredly, running my hand stressfully through my hair. "You're having a hard time focusin, and I... am not feeling well."

"Yeah fine, let's call it a day!" Adam got up, leaving the house in total silence. 

When the door banged shut,  I finally noticed that the house echoing with muffled sobs. Guiltily, I went up the spiral stairs and knocked on Safoora's room. "Saff, open up please!" I begged, running my hand through my hair. 

What have I done? 

"No, go away!" She screamed. 

"Saff, I'm sorry!" I whispered, placing my forehead on her door. "I should've told you my friend was over."

"Just go away!" She sobbed, "You don't understand anything."  I forcefully twisted the knob and opened the door ajar, finding her sitting on her bed with her head on her knees and sobbing hard.

"Saff, I am really sorry!" I hugged her instantly, "I understand everything."

"No you don't!"

"I do. I was there when you made the choice of wearing niqab at such a young age. I remember how much you begged mom and dad that you wanted to wear niqab and mom and dad... they did not easily agree with you... because they didn't come from a religious family." I breathed softly, stroking her head. "I know you started wearing it only to make Allah happy, that's why I hate myself right now ... a lot. Did you know that I am really happy to be your older brother because of this reason?"