Unbelievable

Huzaifah POV:

Safoora seemed strange.

She sat at the lunch table quietly, fidgeting with her spoon and picking at her food staring blankly at it. Only this morning she was laughing lightheartedly, healing slowly from her mental and physical scarred pains. She was the one who always kept the house up with her crazy unnatural behaviour and during lunch she would be the one struggling to keep her mouth shut. Most of the time it would be Abu Hurairah and Safoora dissing each other or Safoora simply throwing snarky remarks at Abu Hurairah while he just simply ignored it with his rude grunts.

"Everything okay, Safoora?" Hawa beat me to it looking at her concerned, stuffing her mouth with a morsel of rice. 

"Yeah..." She mumbled with a sigh, not looking up from her plate.

"Are you sure?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "Did something happen? Are you hiding something from me?"

"No..." She huffed, not breaking eye contact with her food while furiously stabbing her rice with her fork in hand. I glanced at Abu Hurairah and he seemed to be in his own little world as well, concentrating on his own thoughts. What were they both upto?

"Abu Hurairah, what happened? Did you two fight?" I groaned, staring intensely at both of them. Who am I kidding? If they fought, the whole world would be tangled up in a chaos right now. 

"Hmm?" He asked me quizzically, breaking out of his daze.

"I'm sorry, I just... w-want to be excused." Safoora sputtered, storing her food away quickly in the fridge and leaving the room, clutching onto her black scarf that was secured over her head.

"Safoora, everything will be fine." Abu Hurairah called after her, his eyebrows coming together worriedly. With her eyes downcast, Safoora paused in her steps and slightly nodded before climbing the staircase and disappearing from the view.

I sighed in relief. No, they never fought but something still felt unusually wrong. 

"Hurairah, wasn't she healing from what happened that night?" I asked, scrunching my brows, looking down at my food and pondering deeply. "She seemed to be recovering since the last few days, she also looked well. Do you know what happened all of a sudden?" Me and Hawa both glanced at Abu Hurairah with anticipation.

Abu Hurairah immediately pushed back his chair with a screech, fury blazed in his coldhearted iris as he stared directly at me, his jaws firmly clenched together. "I want to talk to you alone." He muttered coldly, washing his plate and leaving the room.

"What's up with those two?" Hawa asked obliviously.

"I don't know, something must've happened." I pondered deeply with a frown, finishing my lunch quickly and helping Hawa do the dishes. Hawa herself, seemed quiet as well, submerged in another world that blocked me out of it. Worry was written all over her face as she clenched tightly onto the countertop multiple times, disturbed by a thought. 

After cleaning the kitchen with her, I placed a kiss on Hawa's cheek gently. "Are you worried about something, Hawa?" I asked worriedly, caressing her cheeks.

She looked away, biting her lips unsettlingly. "Um..."

"You can tell me-" 

"Huzaifah!" Abu Hurairah screamed from my lab in the basement. My lab?

No.

Not the lab!

"Okay, we'll have this talk later." I told Hawa hurriedly, placing a quick peck on her cheeks before dashing downstairs to beat the hell out of my cousin. He better not be touching anything when I make my presence in that room or else I'll have to take severe actions.