Chapter 30- Haze

Chapter 30

Haze

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

The world was a blur, there were lights and splashes of gray color that broke through intermittently, her body feeling like it was bobbing on the surface of a roiling ocean. Small bits of reality came so close, but yet stayed so far away as the world moved past her and she remained motionless, her body engulfed in a terrible, heavy ache and her lungs and chest worse so. Her head was in a blurry, swirling haze- her senses, the sounds, the muddied shapes and colors, everything- all of it was so close she could almost make a little sense of it, but it was never enough... It was just distorted, and fragmented. She couldn't focus, her mind was slipping in and out, nonstop, plunging her under space and shadow and fragmented recants of memory and nightmare and... And water...

The suffocating sensation of drowning under the waves came and went without end, never lasting long enough to fully form the nightmare, but never gone either. It remained fractured and subdued along with sounds that seemed they could be fragments of words, but they were so far off she couldn't make sense of them... Hell, she couldn't make sense of anything.

She couldn't even put together what was going on, what happened, any of it... Everything was in a wild, sickening, swirling storm of nonsensical images and feelings.

What had happened...?

She remembered faintly little bits of what had gone on, the Tower and the Door, the dread and the fear and the burning sensation that had gripped her... She remembered the heat and then the cold, the dark throes of the water she'd gotten dragged into, and the terror that came with it. She remembered not being able to breathe, or being able to settle... She remembered the Thunder Legion faintly, the little assurances- but that bit was quite fractured... Everything toward that end was really... Really...

... I don't... I can't... Remember it...?

... What happened... After... Laxus...?

... My... Chest... Hurt... I couldn't... Breathe...

... My heart... Was...

... Why is everything after that... So dark...?

... I can't remember it... Just...

There were shapes and things that made no sense, her eyes wouldn't open hardly at all though she tried to force them to. She tried to force herself to move too, for her mind to clear enough to make sense of things- but it was all so impossible. Her body felt heavy, like a million pounds and so much so she couldn't have been bobbing up and down the waves of reality and distorted nothingness like she was... She should have sunk a long time ago, but her body was both heavy as hell and utterly, nauseatingly, weightless.

Blurry, smudged blotches of non-color flitted across her line of sight- her sight that was not so much sight, as it was a wall of disjointed nothing mixed with darker, more disjointed nothing... Moving here and there every once in awhile, sure- and just like the lights.

... Those... Are those... People...?

Are they... Those voices... They sound... Familiar...

"... ere... some m..."

"... est... Keep her... Until..."

The whispers and murmurs were too far off, many different voices saying things she couldn't hear, nor make out. She had no clue what was being said, and she had no clue who it was, where it was, how many- nothing. All she could tell was that they were there, and they sounded familiar, but she couldn't put them to names or faces.