Chapter 4- Broken Pieces

Chapter 4

Broken Pieces

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Laxus jumped, coughing and taking in a few, rapid, rushed breaths as he fought to gain his bearings again. The sensation of drowning under the water persisted even as the walls and surroundings of Fairy Tail's Infirmary came into focus. His racing thoughts struggled to settle and come to terms with what happened, he had been rushed out of that strange place so quickly he was reeling.

He sweatdropped, his thoughts clicking into place in an seconds time- his head snapped sideways, the sensation of her wrist in his hand, the water, being dragged under, fighting to move up to the surface-

He was on his feet in an instant, eyes glinting in the dark and dim half-light of the room- the city still dark and sky still rumbling, dropped right back in that same, exact instant in which he'd heard her stop breathing, what time had rewound finally hit the mark it had halted- and this time it was different.

"Y-you..... You...."

Her voice was low, broken by gasps and winces, struggling to breathe proper air as she hunched, shaking and trembling, her arms wrapped around her stomach and sitting up in the bed- her entire countenance rigid as she seemed to struggle to just stay sitting up at all.

Laxus moved up beside the bed in an instant, facing her as he sweatdropped a little more, frowning at that shaking, gasping figure of the woman he had never seen look so..... Fragile.

"You shouldn't be moving," he grumbled lowly, his hands moving forward, intent on getting her to lay back down- he could smell the fresh tang of blood on the air, he knew instantly wounds had opened and were bleeding anew under that collection of bandages holding her broken body together. He could see what strain and sheer effort it was for her to move, let alone sit up like that- she looked ready to pass out and yet she didn't budge, her head remained bowed with her hair falling around her face in tendrils, her features pale and absolutely gasping for what little air she could manage. His hands found her shoulders, lightly, gently, and her hands shook as she drew them up, her fists shaking as she grabbed tight of his shirt, he blinked, coming to a halt.

"....y-you....Fucking.... Bastard...!"

The tone that worked its way into her voice in that instant would have been seething and icy, if she hadn't sounded so pained. Laxus blinked, his eyes falling to trace her hands as she held to his shirt still, maybe even a bit more tightly... She was... Angry.

"H-how could you do... S...something so god.. D...damn stupid..?!" She hissed, her head snapping up so her tired, glittering and cold silver gaze matched his aqua blue one. "How could you even... Risk doing that...?! You c-could have died... You almost died...!! And what damned.. F...fucking... Good would that.... Do....?!" Her fists pushed against him, like she was trying to push him away or even hurt him though she hadn't the energy to do any real harm. "... we can't b..both end up dead... You can't end up dead trying to save me...!!!" He blinked, stunned for a brief few seconds, before his eyes narrowed at her.

"And what about you?" He growled, his eyes flashing. "What good do you think it would do if you ended up dead? If I didn't try something you were going to die. Why would that be any better?"

"... I wasn't supposed to come back..!!!" She snapped hoarsely, her voice cracking as he stiffened, eyes widening slightly to see the sheer terror and pain cross her expression in that next instant- destroying what annoyance had flared in his core just beforehand.