Chapter 27- To Feel

Chapter 27

To Feel

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

... It... It got cold...

... Am... I there... Now...?

... Dead... The Reach... D.. Drowning...

... Drowning... Cold... Cold and... I..

... S..still... Burning...

... Am I... Burning...?

Or is... Are they...?

N..no...

...p...please...

.:+:.

Her pulse... It... The irregularity went away... Did I imagine it...?

He shut his eyes, rubbing at his eyelids with a hand before pinching the bridge of his nose, and letting out a low breath that was meant to ease the headache and the dizziness... But really did little.

... Or was it just... The strain...? A byproduct of MDS setting in... Or infection...?

N..no... The Table keeps infection off... But her immune system is still so weak...

She's still so weak... Even what I managed to fix was little more than a band-aid... But if I push her body harder right now trying to deal with anymore, her heart might give out.

His tired eyes opened slowly, sluggishly reading through the words and diagrams afforded by his Glasses and the screen, and the light of them making his eyes sting terribly. He'd been looking at it much too long, and much more than was recommended.

... Did I imagine it...? Or did the Magic from the Collar... Set it off...? Could it...?

His hand fell from his nose and settled instead over his mouth, blinking several times before letting his eyes trail away from the screen and toward that terrible, terrible Collar... His terrible creation.

... Yes, I think it could... But... Even then I'm not sure I did see it... There's too many warnings popping up... Too much damage to sift through...

... It was probably... Just from the shock... Stabilizing her condition must have done away with it...

He could feel his legs shaking, his feet ached from standing so long and his entire body hurt. His arms and hands were the worst of the lot, along with a throbbing in his temple, and he felt just about ready to pass out.

But I can't... I still have more things to do

"Some of the color has returned to her face." Seyre's soft voice echoed in his head, the Keistae's hand moving forward toward the unconscious Energess lying on the table, before pressing her hand gently against the Energess' forehead. "Her temperature has gone down too." Seyre's green eyes trailed quietly away from Frea's slightly flushed face and further down, tracing along the faint white lines scoring across her skin along her arms and shoulders. The pale white of the burns turned hotter red and purple around the Energess' neck where the Collar was still fastened securely.

Talarr, with help of a slew of freshly made potions and concoctions, Magically-imbued bandages and the Healing Properties and Tools attached with his Prototype Table- had been hard at work for the last two hours or so. The burns stretching along the Energess' body had been dulled down to those faint, white marks for the most part, losing the heat they gave off but still holding to it in the ones around her neck and under the Collar. The severity of the ones on her neck had been more than Talarr could do away with entirely, and what little he managed to treat them had only managed to make them dark in color and probably fairly painful still- but healed to bruising enough the risk of infection had dropped significantly. And with the work on the burns, he'd also managed to fix what hairline fractures had appeared along her ribs, arms, and whatever else... As well as contend with the newly snapped muscle fibers and other internal damage that had been wrought during the whole fiasco.