Chapter 7- Hope and Hurt

Chapter 7

Hope and Hurt

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

"..... You gonna sit up there all day, Lightning-Boy?"

Frea blinked, her eyes open slightly as she glanced up above her, her eyes landing on the roof and the persistent Energy Signature she felt somewhere overhead. Her voice came out a bit softer than she intended, but she was dangerously slipping on the edge of sleep and she couldn't find the energy to make her voice any louder. Not that it mattered though, she knew all too well he could hear her.

"Do I need to?" Was the low reply, she swore she heard a sigh in there somewhere, and felt annoyance flicker from him too- even with how jumbled it all was.

".... I'm not planning on anything stupid." She mumbled softly. "..... I think I've given them enough to worry over.... The Energy hanging over the Guild.... It's awful..." She winced a little, trying and failing to keep herself from wincing again when a new surge of pain raced through her core.

Damn... i...it...

Laxus blinked from where he was seated alone on the second floor, directly above the Infirmary to which he could hear Frea's voice filtering from softly. He frowned slightly, sweatdropping as he heard her hiss in sudden pain- her words breaking off with it. He could imagine the agony etched into her face, and the way her body must have tensed up to be wincing as harshly as he was hearing her, and her breath hitching too. He shifted, about to move and make his way down there,

"...... I'm... fine." Frea's voice was nothing but pained, and tired, but it stopped him from moving. The throbbing faded after a minute, though only just- and she felt all the more exhausted for it, but she didn't need him to come down, and somehow she knew he had been about to... Maybe she heard his feet shift in the back of her head as an indicator.

Laxus shook his head a little, cursing her in his head. ".... You're pushing it." He murmured lowly, "... I already told you, you can't be stubborn and strain yourself, it's just gonna make it worse, woman."

"..... I'm not trying.. To push it you know...." Was the soft reply, ".... But just doing anything... Is harder than it should be...." She winced lightly, shaking her a head a bit in annoyance for a moment. Laxus simply blinked, his eyes narrowed a moment.

It was almost like he could see the fractured pieces still trying to cling to wholeness- even just listening to her. But it was failing, regardless of how hard she tried to hide it..... She wasn't anywhere near being as calm and collected as she seemed when she was talking to Moon and Chase. She was putting on a face, like she had been doing all these years- and though she tried to keep it up, he could hear her voice shaking.

For a moment he wondered if 'doing anything' didn't just apply to talking, or staying awake.... He knew he'd have to keep an eye on her for that, lest she forget.

".... One day at a time, woman. You don't gotta do everything at once." Laxus grumbled, Frea blinked. "Better to take it slow then rush it and end up right back where you started."

Frea halted, her eyes halfway open and staring at the roof overhead in sheer silence for a long while. She swallowed slightly, her heart clenching painfully enough to almost make her gasp- but she managed not to. And she hadn't any clue why it did so... It just hurt.

"Don't be stubborn. Have a little patience for once in your life, idiot." He added in roughly, she blinked, her eyes falling a little more.

It hurt, but not enough to keep that small smile from pulling at her lips for a moment.