Chapter 35- Stormy Mountains

Chapter 35

Stormy Mountains

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

The air was prickling, little bursts of electricity dancing on a sweet-smelling wind winding it's way through tree, rock, stream and every bend of a mountain pass. A calm and soothing precursor to a storm brewing, one being lead in by that wind, and a distant rumbling echo of thunder.

It reverberated in her very core, pulsing faintly and mixing with the steady thumping of her own heart as that stormy mountain air enveloped her on all sides, flooding her senses and overtaking everything. Her entire world was taken hold by it, floating lazily in the darkness dotted with blurry images born of the scent and what it spoke to- but it was far off, and murky. She wasn't really there, some part of her knew, but all the same it was almost overwhelming to the point it seemed real. So much so she found herself falling readily into the sensation.

It was just so nice, so peaceful, calm... It smelled amazing, almost intoxicating-

She shifted faintly, moving herself closer into that scent and what warmth was buried underneath it, her body and mind sinking further into the bliss it brought. The blurred images in her mind's eye shifted from muddy figures of trees and mountains to the dark storm clouds hovering above them, soft flashes of golden light arcing across the shadowy curtain, prickling at her nose and at her center too.

Warm, sweet, and so so familiar... So natural even, to simply fall into it and let herself be overtaken with the smell, the blurred images they invoked, and the sensations stirring in the base of her soul for them.

-intoxicating, swirling all around her and entwining itself tightly with her being, like something that... That belonged there, somehow.

Something... Something-

THUMP

Frea blinked slowly, the blurry images and the all-encapsulating feeling getting pushed out of the forefront of her mind, chasing away that willingness to let herself sink further into it and bringing her consciousness back up to the waking world (though a little unwillingly). Her eyes flashed, only halfway open and glinting faintly in the dim as she did her best to shake off the haze, then focus and determine what that muffled thump had been that pulled her from the pleasantness. She tilted her head faintly, pulling her cheek away from resting against that warmth she was pressed close to for a moment, and blinking once or twice more as the world sharpened into focus a little further with each one.

She honed in on the coffee table directly ahead before anything else in the space. As soon as she managed it she was reminded all over again of where she was, and the it was definitely not her room in Fairy Hills. And it was certainly not her bed she was alone in- she wasn't even alone at all.

Frea's attention moved off the table and back in toward herself, silver eyes glinting faintly as she glanced up slightly, focusing in on the quiet sound of Laxus' breathing and gaze steady as she watched the gentle rise and fall of his chest for a moment, before she tilted her head up just a bit. She could only catch a glimpse of his face, since she couldn't move too much with his arms wrapped about her shoulders like they were, but what little she managed told her he was still fast asleep. Though from his breathing she already knew that.

The room was dark, the sun outside was gone in a sky that was bleeding violet. Both of them were still where Laxus had put them before, pressed together on the couch with her pinned between him and the back cushion, their legs all tangled up now and not a smidge of space to be had between them.