Chapter 24- Drums

Chapter 24

Drums

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

"Ah, I see you found them." Therigist hummed lightly, turning slightly at the sight of the Thunder Legion being lead back into the center atrium of Banore by the Exceed, and apparent member of the Twin Cougars Guild. His eyes found Shae as the Exceed nodded to him, Freed, Bixlow and Evergreen trailing behind her slowly and looking around the atrium with wide, shocked eyes when they entered and found it filled with hundreds of people- a double that more tables and crates and all other things that had not been there an hour ago when they left.

It looked like an entirely different place, there were people lined up around tables and filling in papers, or sifting through boxes. Every surface had something sitting atop it and there was a continual move in and out of more crates and more people without end, Barren and Lower Caste and Keistae in all with a few Middle dotted here and there. And it wasn't just the tables and the crates and the people that had suddenly appeared, whole sections of the whole atrium had been turned into make-shift alcoves where people were stacking Tools and Weapons, and had even set up little workshops where they were using and or creating said Tools and Weapons- and a few of them seemed to be setting up infirmaries, creating potions and organizing medical supplies... The Thunder Legion faltered slightly in their walking without meaning to, looking out around the bustle and the grim-faced and serious looking people as their stomachs knotted, and in that instant it settled in even deeper what was going on. The reality of the situation and the very real fact that Adgnei and this city was on the brink of a full on war. And now this same place of temples and gardens that had been so peaceful before, it looked like a place ready to see a war, and there was enough for a whole army in just this little part. They had to wonder if the rest of Banore suddenly looked like an encampment- things were moving fast, and much faster than they had expected.

Therigist himself was as grim-faced as the rest of everyone else right up until the moment they all walked in, and now instead he smiled slightly at the sight of the Fairy Tailers returned, and in one piece. His eyes flashed a little upon noticing the Collars snapped around their necks however, and he let out a small breath.

"Just in time too, they had a bit of a run-in with Lord Nirav." Shae told the older man, the name earning looks and grimaces from the other people around and in earshot to what she said. She walked straight toward the Thieves Guild Master with the Thunder Legion following her a bit more slowly. "Lord Nirav and the Kullui seem to have some way of disrupting the Chatterbox's signal, so last thing Lady Celene heard was they were being chased down. And they also got Collared, so we'll need a few Skeleton Keys." Shae told him, and Therigist nodded.

"I'll be sure to let her know that her Guild Mates are alright." Therigist murmured, his hand waving a little as a piece of paper appeared in air before him and words scrawled across it quickly, before disappearing again. Shae stopped beside the table that the older man was standing beside, her paws falling on her hips and smiling a bit sheepishly for a moment as she dipped her head to him almost apologetically.

"Ah, I might have also mucked up the Gateway in the south passage... I had to shut it so that Lord Nirav didn't follow us through, and the quickest way of that was to mess with the Magic..." She admitted, and Therigist sighed wearily.

"... I'll have someone take a look at it." He murmured, his attention turning to behind him as he gestured for someone and quickly asked they go and look over the 'Gateway' that Shae and the Thunder Legion had left behind. The tall man also paused a moment to take the small pouch suddenly handed off to him from one of the Barren,