Chapter 12- Taking Steps...

Chapter 12

Taking Steps...

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Frea bit down on the inside of her cheek hard, her eyes narrowed to slits as she shot a slightly cross look down at the floor, sighing in agitation under her breath.

"... Frea?"

Moon's voice brought her attention back all the way, away from the memories, away from the sudden flash of anger- all of it. The infirmary fell back into focus and what she had previously been doing as well. Her head moved, glancing upward as her eyes found Moon- who was floating in front of her, looking a little worried and questioning at what silence had fallen over the Energy Dragon Slayer for those few long minutes out of near nowhere.

Frea bit the inside of her cheek, realizing instantly that she had wandered off into her own head without meaning to do so. There was a rush of all the things that she, Jynx and Chase had talked over- a whole mess of things and impossibilities and nonsense that she was trying so hard to wrap her head around and believe-

Everything was so damned complicated and she hated it the more she thought about it. And to add atop it? Jynx was just as confused and unsure as she was- and that went doubly for Chase.

And he tried so hard to just... Understand. And he was having such a hard time with it all. But he was doing his best,

And she could tell he was a bit overwhelmed anyway, not that he would let it show outwardly- but she knew.

Stop... Just stop

She let out a small breath, shooting Moon an apologetic smile.

"... Sorry, Moon. I got distracted... I was a little lost in thought, heh... " Frea smiled lightly, Moon blinked, her head tilting slightly.

".... Is something bothering you, Frea?" Moon asked softly, ".... Are you... Sure you're ready for this? We aren't going too fast?" She felt the concern prickle from Moon like electricity dancing off her skin.

"We can wait another day, if you think you need it, Frea." Wendy's soft voice sounded next, the bluenette not far from her and hands hooked behind her back.

"No, no..... I'm ok." Frea smiled in reassurance. "I'm sorry for daydreaming, but I really am fine. Promise." She smiled a little more, if a bit sheepishly in the next minute.

"Besides, if I stay in this bed any longer I am going to lose my sanity." She chuckled,

Another four days of spinning through those questions and sitting in that bed had gone by since she had told Chase so much of it. It was filled to the brim with people filtering in and out, days spent talking with the Guild, telling them what they had finally started asking, assuring then (countless, countless times) that she was ok and that they needed to worry less.

She did her best to answer their questions, without letting herself get too worked up, or let them know the things they probably shouldn't ever come to know... Or at least, the things she wasn't looking to share, anyway.

But by now she had exhausted near all topics about Mordren and All Magic with everyone. Which doing so left her time to ask questions, though there was little she needed to ask- the biggest topic remained the one that was worrying her, as well as aggravating her.