Chapter 9- Just Breathe

Chapter 9

Just Breathe

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

....what in........ That.... That old... Bastard......

Her world was groggy, her senses heavy and her mind sluggish just trying to come back to terms with everything.

... he used Magic..... to make me.... fall asleep..... I hate it.... when people do that.... shit......

She let out a low breath, grumbling under her breath softly as she worked to force her heavy eyelids open, squinting a little and wincing at the bright light that met her as she did so.

She felt like she weighed about a hundred pounds, and her mind felt like it was trying to process that amount of thoughts- with little to no success... she really hated how groggy sleeping charms made her feel. In the moment she hated it, and she hated it because the drowsiness persisted even when trying to wake up... it would take a while before she was fully awake, and she hated the heaviness and the inability to really focus.

Her eyes opened halfway, her vision blurring in and out a bit as she tried to settle her focus on the roof, giving her time to try and adjust to the light filtering in from outside.... morning light, she'd been asleep for a long while she guessed.

And her mind had been... empty. No Naraka, no Median, and better yet- no memories.

She huffed under her breath, irritated as it made her to have that Old Geezer put a sleeping Spell on her... maybe it wasn't so bad. She felt just a bit better, more rested...

Hmph....

Her hand drew up to rest the back of her wrist against her forehead, her eyes falling closed again and biting the inside of her cheek when she caught sight of the bandages around her hands, and remembering why they were there.

... I was so worked up....

She felt a little less lightheaded too, where her fever had caught up again last night it had dulled down once more, she wasn't freezing her ass off at least, but still a little chilly.

The feathers lining the end of the sleeves of the coat she still had her arms threaded through brushed against her nose lightly, shaking free just a little more of it's owners scent.... wait.

Her nose twitched again, her eyes narrowed to slits as she sweatdropped.

... no, his scent is fresh... it's not the coat....

Frea drew her hand away from her face, shifting slightly as she shakily forced herself up into a sitting position, hissing lightly under her breath but all grogginess fading fast as she stopped, hunched slightly and her body flashing bright again in pain- but her attention wasn't on that.

... when in the.... hell....?!

Laxus was sitting in the chair by the window with his feet propped up on the edge of the bedframe, arms crossed about his chest and leaning back, eyes closed. She could hear his Magic Headphones playing music quietly, though he'd have to actually be awake to be hearing any of it.

But why the hell was he even there? He hadn't been at the Guild last night, he wasn't supposed to be at the Guild last night- let alone long enough to have warranted him falling asleep.