Chapter 6- A Little Longer

Chapter 6

A Little Longer

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Moon's eyes flickered open, immediately landing on the dismal gray sky outside of the window and the small flecks of moisture falling intermittently against the glass. She sighed slightly, yawning as she pulled herself up into a sitting position, rubbing her eyes as she tried to make groggy sense of where she was and what time it was.

Her ears flicked to her right, hearing someone shift a little and knowing immediately it was Lily- she glanced over to see him sitting at the other end of the couch, a book in hand that he set down upon seeing her wake up.

"... You shouldn't have let me sleep so long, Lily." Moon mumbled softly,

"You clearly needed it." He replied, his eyes flashing as she glanced away from him, letting out a shaky sigh. "... Are you alright?" He asked softly, Moon stiffened at the question, her eyes falling slightly.

"...... It just..... Hurts." She replied lowly, her voice dropping as Lily frowned a little, looking pained at how her voice seemed to tremble just then.

The apartment around them was silent (and a mess), it had been hardly touched the last few weeks- serving as her temporary place of residence since she couldn't bring herself to go back to an empty room in Fairy Hills. It was where Gajeel and Lily stayed together, though you couldn't tell- Moon was fairly certain Gajeel hadn't been back here in two weeks. She and Lily had filtered back and forth from here and the Guild, a silent, grim journey back and forth every day....  And one that just got harder and harder to make.

It was happening again, she was losing someone she loved- and the same person she had thought she lost only months before. That pain from DeathBolt had still been raw and now with what happened with Mordren... She honestly felt almost numb, numb outside of the ache and the pain. She was just so tired now, and Lily could tell.

Lily got to his paws, crossing over toward her silently as he took a seat down in front of her, his eyes glinting as his tail landed lightly on top of hers. His paws reached forward, taking hers in them as he let out a breath- her eyes didn't move up to meet his, but he could see the glint of tears threatening to make an appearance...much too many tears he had seen her shed since that day, and still it made his chest tighten at the sight.

"I know." He murmured quietly, "....I'm worried too, Moon." She sniffed slightly, her eyes shutting tight, cursing herself and telling herself she couldn't just break down again the minute she woke up- she was getting so tired of that too.

Lily was so patient with her though. He didn't care she broke down, he just stayed there, silent, watchful. He was kind and she loved it. He didn't press her hard to do things she didn't want, he just gently pulled her away when she needed to be, kept an eye on her and listened when she needed him to, held her when she needed him to- and she never had to ask, he just seemed to know.

Honestly he was probably the only reason she hadn't fallen apart all the way.

Early on in that first week she had sent word to the Twin Cougars Guild- to Iki and Uno about what happened. Twin Cougars had been sent to sleep like most of the country when it all happened, and the memory of the fear and the worry that appeared on their faces as she shakily recanted the news... that was enough to make her heart break a little more.

It had taken Iki and Uno no more than a day to arrive in Magnolia after they heard about it, they had been gentle and kind with her too, and not just her. They'd been helping the Guild too, odd little things, like cooking meals and making sure everyone ate something- sometimes coercing a few members gently where they needed to. They were being kind and patient, and she appreciated having them around too.... it was just painful to realize that she had only ever seen them and had them arrive because something awful had happened. Again.