Chapter 34- Just One Good Day

Chapter 34

Just One Good Day

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Huh...?

Moon's ear twitched, a low grumble escaping the she-cat as some fraction of the waking world started to worm it's way into her unconscious mind... And the first thing that filtered in was some obnoxiously bright amount of light behind her eyelids.

She blinked one eye open halfway, squinting at the influx of light immediately blinding her. She shut it quickly, grimacing to herself and rolling over onto her stomach slowly before trying to peek her eyes open again.

Warm sunlight was pouring in from under the curtains with a fervor- way too much for it to have been morning, and Moon blinked in surprise at it. She rolled over, finding the bed empty beside herself and lacking a certain Energy Dragon Slayer, and given the bed itself was cold to the touch where Frea would have been, she'd had to have gotten up awhile ago, while Moon was none the wiser... With that, and the way too bright light out the window, Moon realized when must have slept in.

She was a heavy sleeper naturally so it wouldn't have been a huge surprise if she had, but the fact that Frea hadn't bothered to wake her up had her curious. What time was it even? And where was-?

Moon faltered, her ears swiveling forward and perking when her attention caught a glimpse of silver-tipped blonde hair poking just passed the edge of the bed.

What...?

Moon pushed herself up onto her knees, shuffling forward to the end of the bed and peering down toward the floor, blinking several times in question, her head tilting.

Frea was sitting on the floor, her entire top half bent over, legs out straight and hands holding lightly around her ankles in a... Stretch...?

Moon blinked again and settled down to sit on her heels, her tail-tip twitching behind her.

Frea was bent forward so far her forehead nearly brushed her knees, and she didn't seem to be paying Moon any attention or even really be aware she was up. And Moon didn't say anything right away, her eyes instead scanned the blonde quickly, immediately taking note of the fact she wasn't wearing pajamas anymore. She'd switched them out for some black shorts and a thin long-sleeved shirt that was light blue in color, and that hung off her shoulders so loosely you could see the scar on her chest poking passed the fabric, as well as the scar between her shoulder-blades, the one running over the top of her left shoulder, and the spiral one on the right shoulder-blade all too. Frea hadn't any shoes on at that moment but she'd clearly gotten dressed- and taken a shower too, her hair was still damp, and pulled into a loose (and rather messy) bun.

It surprised Moon she was already up and more or less ready to go, though. And it surprised her more that Frea hadn't bothered to wake her up, especially when she cast a glance at the clock and found it almost near 11:30 now.

"What are you doing?" Moon asked, her eyes leaving the clock and finding Frea again, and at the question the Energy Dragon Slayer jumped slightly in surprise. Frea sat up slowly and out of the stretch, blinking once as she met Moon's eyes and she seemed to lag for a few heartbeats on registering the question, or the fact the Exceed was up at all, before she shook her head slightly and let out a sigh.

"Stretching." Frea replied and Moon wilted a little at the reply, smiling in faint amusement.

"Yeah I got that." The Exceed replied lightly with a shake of her head. "I meant; you're all dressed, and it's almost noon, so why you didn't you wake me up?" She elaborated slightly and Frea blinked.