Chapter 5- Forgive Me....

Chapter 5

Forgive Me...

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Chase jumped, lunging forward and sitting up in instant, his breath coming in shaky, panicked gasps and eyes glinting in the dim. His heart pound in his ears, his mind in a whirl as the feeling lingered over his head- that feeling he had dreaded and the one that broke him in too many ways to count.

He'd felt it snuff out, felt that half-filled hole in his chest suddenly empty again, tearing through him, leaving him in cold and pain.

He ran a hand through his hair, eyes riveted on the far wall and searching, desperately for a few minutes....

..... No, it's... It's still there.

.... A nightmare.... But he swore, he swore it had happened, he had jolted from sleep the minute that light went out, the minute her Energy Signature snuffed out for the second time, leaving him feeling so, so empty.

That felt... Too real...

He cringed slightly, a stab of pain rushing through the still raw and throbbing wound cut into his side, his hands falling to hold the wound lightly, eyes shut tight and jaw clenched, body rigid and hating himself for jumping up so quickly, his body still hurt like hell, and moving so fast did nothing to help. He could see small spots of crimson bleed through the white cloth, and sweatdropped at it.

Damn it...

He stiffened on instinct, someone's hands landing on his shoulders from behind him, lightly so. He let out a shaky breath, glancing back to meet those purple eyes as Aisha sat behind him on the couch, her expression worried and yet so calm he felt himself relax a little.

"..... It's fine." She murmured quietly, ".... It was a bad dream, I promise. She's not gone... I would know." She assured quietly, he blinked, sweatdropping slightly as he waited for his mind to settle down again.

... Yes, Aisha would know. She was connected through Frea as a Cosmic Soul since the Balance Shift, that connection would have snapped if..... And she'd have felt it, just as easily as he would have.

In the small flicker of relief that hit him he didn't even question the tenseness that sparked from her when she said the words.

Her assurance that it had been a bad dream was something of a lie- at least, she didn't tell him the full of it. Because she had felt the connection break off, it was a blur and honestly she wasn't sure if she had imagined it or not. She thought maybe she had dozed off, dreamed it like he had.... But that didn't sound right.

It was some uneasy feeling, like the ground spinning under her feet in nauseating quickness, a sudden chill that ran through her core, emptiness like that day.... The connection had broken, for a few split seconds, before everything seemed to slow- and then her attention snapped back to him, as he jumped up from the uncomfortable sleep had had been in the last few hours, his head in her lap and unable to fall asleep herself.

She just didn't voice her thoughts, for his sake.

Chase looked back ahead and away from her, letting out another shaky sigh as he hunched slightly, trying to calm down as she simply sat in silence behind him. Her eyes trailed toward his hands, seeing him holding his side and frowning as he let out a hiss of pain.

He looked exhausted, as well he probably should. He really hadn't been sleeping well the last few weeks, what little sleep he managed wasn't peaceful. He looked worn out and ready to fall apart, and she hated it, but she couldn't do anything about. So she did the only thing she could manage- she stayed with him, hovering maybe..... But she figured he needed her around, even if he would have preferred to be alone at times.