Chapter 11- Trust Me

Chapter 11

Trust Me

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

The next two weeks went by in near a blur, but not quite enough like a blur. It was agonizingly slow, even being exhausted and in pain all the time- she was getting restless, and quickly. She hated it, being cooped up in bed, not able to hardly move let alone breathe properly, and she was getting quickly tired of how everyone else was jumping around asking her questions that she could almost see burning holes in their heads.

It took Master and Porlyusica a little less time than everyone else to start asking questions, though only because they had to address the issue of her Magic and what it had done to her. So a week after Porlyusica had kicked the Guild out of the Infirmary, they came in, with Mavis in tow, careful to wait until the visitors for that day had filed out for the last time. The room had been prickling, all three of them serious and stony faced as they took up seats beside the bed, Frea watching them come in silently as she felt her heart race a little in a sudden pang of uneasiness.... and damn it, panic.

She'd been turning it over in her head on end, without pause. What was she going to say? What could she say? There were so many sore topics and things even she didn't quite get... and fear too. That never went away, even with how happy it made her to have the Guild and the people smiling again. She didn't want to get into it, she wished she'd never have to- but she also knew better.

It just hurt, and it sucked. Because everytime, when she was alone and she let her thoughts wander that way, down those roads, toward those memories and the information she would have better left unknown- her pulse picked up, her already damaged heart started beating faster, and with it the pain got worse- her breathing got worse, and panic and fear and tension so powerful settled in again and made it hard to just think. Her mind became a whirl of thoughts, images, and emotions it was just too much.

Reyan was there, Mordren, what he did... the way he'd hurt her. What Reyan gave up, how she'd let herself suffer, so her baby...

... Mordren's pain, the agony, the torture- and she knew it had been left behind and given to her to suffer through. Maybe even eventually fall to...

... shit

She couldn't tell them all of it, or even half of it... she couldn't. She'd been trying to hard not to fall apart under all of it, but she was afraid if they started into it she would crumble.

".... you are aware that we need to discuss what became of your Magic. And the events that transpired." Mavis mumbled, snapping Frea from her thoughts in an instant as the Old Lady and Master Makarov gazed at her levelly, Mavis' own gaze steady and intent. The setting sun and it's light reflected in their eyes from the window behind her, Frea sweatdropped slightly, swallowing.

"... we can't simply ignore it." Master murmured gently, "However unpleasant a topic it is, Frea."

"... I know..." Frea mumbled quietly, her eyes falling to her hands, forcing herself a slow, slightly deeper breath- deep enough it stung, but she kept quiet.

I can't freak out.... Don't freak out... it's Master.... Mavis.... and Granny...

... you're gonna have to do this with everyone else, you know.. and the Council too.

She bit the inside of her cheek hard enough to draw blood, before swallowing against it and shaking her head slightly.

".... your biggest concern is about what my Magic did to me, yeah?" She asked quietly, "... how it tore me up when I used it... hurt me, when I started using All Magic...." They blinked, their eyes glittering in intrigue at the last two words. Frea's fingers tapped together lightly, her gaze traveling along where those dark bruises like wire were coiled into her skin and up her arms- along with all over her body too.