Chapter 28- Depths

Chapter 28

Depths

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

Earlier-

"Chase...!"

Aisha's voice cracked, purple eyes wide and glittering in fear as she stumbled back a few paces, barely keeping her feet after the Energy Mage pushed her quickly to the side. Doing so saved her being in the path of the sword headed her way (though barely), but instead put Chase in its path instead.

Edryd had darted forward quicker then ever, a blur and nearly impossible to track. Aisha had still been reeling too much from the Vaide appearing out of nowhere to even begin to try and move out of the way, and Chase knew it- so he was faster, and he didn't hesitate even a moment.

Chase swept his hand up as he pushed her out of the way, light blue Magic following his movement and erecting a half-formed wall between himself and the incoming blade. It was enough the sword sliced through the Magic and bounced off slightly, instead of cutting through Chase's flesh, and Edryd shifted as he stepped to the side and expertly brought his sword back in toward himself, steady.

"... So you will not abandon her, even with threat to your own life, hmm?" Edryd grumbled lowly, his eyes catching Chase's as the Energy Mage backed up a few paces, defensive and still stuck in a place between the Vaide and Aisha behind him. Chase settled Edryd with a steady stare, resolution clear in his face and instantly ready for whatever Edryd had in store, and not for a moment hesitating in his actions.

"Not a chance." Chase replied lowly, "It doesn't matter to me if you and I have a 'quarrel' or not- as long as you keep trying to hurt Aisha, I will never leave. I will not back down against you, not in a million years."

Edryd grimaced at the words, shifting his sword in his hand and eyes narrowed to slits.

"... How incredible it is the level of loyalty you can squeeze from so many people, Lady Celene." Edryd muttered coldly, his flinty eyes darting toward Aisha and she stiffened underneath the look. "Truly... How is it you can have two Ilaen's willing to die for you like this? Loyal in the face of death at the hands of a Vaide... Needlessly throwing their lives away?" Edryd asked lowly, his tone flinty and cold and Aisha swallowed at it, and the memories that came with the words.

"There's no 'squeezing' about it." Chase replied instantly, saving Aisha any attempt at a response and Edryd looked over slowly, eyes narrowed still as he settled his gaze on the Energy Mage once more. "Aisha doesn't manipulate people into doing things for her, or anything of the kind. She doesn't earn the loyalty and love of people because she forces it from them- loyalty isn't something that can be bought or forced." Chase grumbled, his blue eyes flashing. "My being here standing against you is a choice I make willingly. I'm protecting her because she means something to me, and I care for her deeply. I will never let you lay a hand on her, and I will never stand by and let anyone hurt her because she is important to me, and my loyalty to her is genuine- as is anyone else's who choose to give it to her." He muttered lowly and Edryd only glowered, his agitation slowly rising as he kept steady with the Energy Mage's gaze.

Chase adjusted, taking a single step forward and to the side, planting himself just a little more between Edryd and Aisha, while also closing the distance between himself and the Vaide ever so slightly. His blue eyes flashed, steady and calm despite everything as his gaze locked with Edryd's, and the man remained still in his spot for a few moments more, listening but still guarded.