Chapter 15- Saint

Chapter 15

Saint

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

"May I have a moment of your time, Energess?"

Frea glanced up, turning toward the familiar voice as her attention moved from Master Makarov talking with the Chairman, Draculos, Warrod and Wolfheim. They were settled around eachother at the entryway to the Chamber, hushed words passing between another and mostly from what she could tell- the conversation being administrative. Paperwork and the like about being named a Wizard Saint, signing off on the documentation of dropping the Charges, whatnot.... things she was probably supposed to be doing herself- but Master had stepped in and the Council seemed content to let him handle it.

Saige stood behind her, smiling slightly as he nodded at her a little. She blinked, her head tilting slightly at him as her eyes narrowed.

"..... Is what he said true?" She mumbled, Saige blinked. "... about Draculos being the one to bring up making me a Wizard Saint, not you?" Saige chuckled softly,

"I gave you my word I would not mention it, if you did not wish me to." He replied simply, "However it seems you decided to let go of what was holding you back, hmm? Otherwise I can't imagine you would have agreed as you did." Frea sweatdropped slightly, her arms crossing over her chest as her eyes narrowed a bit.

"..... I haven't." She replied softly, earning a tilt of his head. ".... I... I'm going to try harder, to push myself away from being afraid of Falling... but I'm still scared. Regardless of what I want... that fear isn't going away, at least not anytime soon. But I decided I had to try harder. Do more to convince myself of everything that everyone else has been assuring me about." Her hold on her arms tightened a little, "..... I can't stand the idea that I would ever... ever become like him......... I don't want to.... but doubting myself constantly is just... it can't help, right?"

Her eyes closed, her shoulders hunching slightly.

"... that's what Darkness feeds off.... guilt and fear... and doubt.... it eats at it, turns it into terror, Power.... pain." She hissed, Saige's eyes flashed as his expression softened. He could see that pain work it's way into her face, see it in how he heard her breathing hitch suddenly. "... tch......... I........ I don't know if I'll never Fall...... it keeps getting worse, and now with my Magic.... I can feel it trying to take control of both me and it..... But... tch..... I have to try, to do everything I can... because I can't be him.. I can't be that. Whatever happens... I have to do everything I possibly can.... I know that..... and I realized.... it made no difference if I was a Wizard Saint or not...... that's not going to change anything...... but I have to. I had to change me, my conviction.... I had to do better than I have been so far......"

Saige's eyes narrowed, seeing her suddenly trembling though she was clearly trying not to. The wince she let slip made him frown a little, her face falling from view as her head tilted down slightly- and she held her body more tightly against what pain was suddenly rising under the surface no matter how hard she forced herself to stay standing, stay ahead of it- in control.

Stubbornness to match a will near unbreakable.....

She took in a short, shaky breath, her fangs grinding down on one another as Saige waited patiently for her pain to die down, his eyes glittering and his expression soft as he watched her carefully. Her hold on her body loosened, her legs trembling enough he could see it, and still she seemed determined not to move too much, to stay upright.