Chapter 13- Ghosts

Chapter 13

Ghosts

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's, Energy Magic, and Ideas

.:+:.

"Mordren!"

Mordren hissed, his body growing rigid at the low and annoyed voice that rung out in front of him, at the very moment his boot intruded on the threshold of the door. His grey eyes moved upward to meet glinting orange ones, as he slowly moved inside the room and toward the man who stood not far from him, his hands on his hips and lips pulled into a slight scowl.

"You are late, again!" Gweo snapped, the man's hand rising as he twirled his index finger in the air animatedly, Mordren cringed a little, expecting something heavy and hard to fall on his head in the next instant. He hissed, nearly dropping his papers and books when a heavy block of wood meant to hold papers down suddenly fell atop his head with a painful thump. It fell to the floor with a bang, and he simply stood still, his head throbbing as he weakly nodded to the seething man.

"I know Talarrk, I apologize.." He mumbled,

"Apologize all you like, it will not change the fact that you are late!" Gweo snapped impatiently, his fingers snapping beside him as the block of wood disappeared from Mordren's feet and landed lightly in the other man's outstretched hand. "One would think you could manage punctuality in your line of duty, I'm not sure why I enlisted your services in the first place...." Mordren sweatdropped,

Because he had needed the extra coin that came with this small job, regardless of how unpleasant and impatient the supervisor could be. And he had practically begged for it, and he knew he was late all the time and that wasn't the best impression.... But he was trying, it was simply hard. Paying for board was a struggle, and he wasn't sure what he would do without this job, he'd probably have to leave Kelen altogether.

Besides, even with all the annoyance and the impatience on Gweo's part.... Mordren had begged for this job, but not really. Gweo was actually one of the few people in Kelen that could ever be considered a friend to Mordren- though Gweo would deny it, probably. Gweo was one of the very few people in the entire college that didn't scoff at him immediately, and write him off because of his lack of noble standing.

"I appreciate your... patience, Talarrk..." Mordren murmured softly, dipping his head in a small bow to the other man, who simply huffed at it, but it seemed to simmer him down- just a little.

"Tch, very well, let's just get right to it then... and you can quit with the Talarrk thing, Mord." Gweo growled, snapping his fingers as the weight lifted from Mordren's arms and the things he had been carrying suddenly disappeared in a small puff of pale light, before he tilted, a weight falling on his shoulder as a bag appeared there, weighed down heavily by the things suddenly packed away inside it.

"Ah, right... sorry." Mordren mumbled, "..... and sorry again, for being late, Gweo..." Gweo's only reply was a huff, before he snapped his fingers again and a roll of parchment appeared before him, and unrolled itself to face the man.

"Leave it be, Mord. I know you.... try." Mordren smiled weakly at that, but Gweo just sighed and went on. "You have deliveries to make in the lower markets today, the addresses are listed for you. Do be quick about it, once you're back I have some more things for you to deliver in Fiel." Gweo listed off the duties easily, and quickly without bothering a glance in Mordren's way. He waved his hand and the paper rolled up again, promptly moving toward Mordren as he scrambled to grab hold of it.