Chapter 1 "Fuck you Gally!"

It was a normal day in the glade. Newt was in the garden as usual, Frypan was cooking dinner for the gladers, Winston was cleaning up blood in the blood-house while Gally was helping me fix a hole in the goathut. But the normal day ended when the greeniealarm was calling out in the glade.

"Well this greenie decided to come later than usual!" You said while poaking your haed over the edge of the roof to look down at Gally.
"BOYS THE ALARM!" Gally exclaimed, causing you to get startled by the sudden volume and tripping over your own feet down the hole in the roof.
You landed on the ground with a grunt as you felt the air leave your lungs. You could hear Gally letting out a snort before he started to walk over to the box. You lifted your head and screamed. "FUCK YOU GALLY"

At this time around he had a hard time standing up thanks to the fit of laughter he was stuck in. You scurried up on your feet, brushing your knees of before walking out to Gally with long and confident steps. When you were about six feet away from him he suddenly spotted you and started to sprint to the big crowd of boys for protection from your rath. You couldn't care any less right now. It was a new greenie coming and that was more important than chasing Gally

You walked up to the crowd of boys that surrounded the box. Standing next to Newt you looked around at everyone, none of them opening the box. You looked at Newt, motioning for him to go open the box but he refused. Letting out a puff of air you looked at Gally.
"Oi Gally! You gonna let the poor boy out?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes at you.
"Shut up Shank" He called as he started to open the box. You didn't take it seriously knowing he didn't mean it. As Gally jumped down the box you saw the new boy had very dark brown, almost black hair, with brown eyes. You couldn't deny he was pretty handsome. Just then Gally had said something to him and in one swift motion thrown the boy out the box landing on the ground with a grunt. You cocked an eyebrow at him and smiled as the boys joked around.
"I could use some help in the kitchen!" You heard one of the boys say and made you crack up. Earning an elbow in the ribs by Newt.
"What the heck Newt!" He only smiled, shaking his head.

The new boy stood up and frantically looked around at all of you. Just then he pushed past Zart making a run for it.
"We got a runner!!" Zart joked around, everyone cheering. You watched the boy run, practically leaning over Newt to see. That was when he suddenly fell an faceplanted. No one could keep their mouth shut and everyone exploded into laughter. The boy standing up and looking around the glade with a surprised yet terrified look on his face. Reminding you of how you had locked yourself in the slammer for two hours straight before allowing Alby to come talk to you.

As some of the other boys took the greenie to the pit of a second everyone started to take out all new supplies coming up the box.
"Hey Newt!" You called as you saw him walking away.
"Yeah?" He stopped and turned around facing you with a soft smile.
"Do you think I'll have to show the greenie around?"
You started to walk with Newt, he chuckled at you. Knowing you really didn't like showing the new ones around.
"It's not that bad (y/n)" You sighed over-dramatically. You stayed with Newt knowing that Alby would come to introduce him, seeing as he was second in command.

As Alby and the new boy made their way around the glade, someone caught his eye. He recognized the girl from when he came up the box. What made him more confused was that she was the only girl that he'd seen.
As they continued the walk around the glade he noticed the girl and a boy closing in on them.
"Ello there Alby!" Alby smiled at you and Newt.
"Aha greenbeen, meet Newt. When I'm not around he's in charge!" Newt and the boy shook hands while you just stood behind and looked.
"Good thing you're always around then! Hey that was some dash you made erlier, for a second I thought you had the chops to be a runner. Until you faceplanted!" You snorted in the background making Alby turn to you.
"Right greenie, this is (y/n)! Our only girl here, but she fits in." You smiled at the boy as you stepped up beside Newt to be seen.
"Wait runner?" You knew it wasn't your place to tell about it so you just keept your mouth shut.
"Hey Newt do me a favor get Chuck for me?" "Okey"
You saw the boy being troubled by what Newt just said and being ignored by Alby.
"Hey, see you later!" You grabbed Newt's arm before he walked off. He smiled and you quickly hugged him.

"You taking care of this (y/n)?" Alby turned to you.
"Of course! I've done this since my second month here, I know what to do." You crossed your arms as Alby said som last words to the boy before walking off.
"So you're the only girl here?" The two of you started walking towards the watchtower.
"Yeah, I've been stuck with these gits for a while." You looked over at him and smiled, he cracked a small smile.
"Well greenie, any questions about the people here in the glade?"
"I hate that nickname already, why are you calling me that?" You stopped and turned to him.
"Well you don't remember your name so that's what we'll call you until you get your name back. If you don't prefer shank?" You smiled and you could see a small smile playing on his lips. The two of you started to walk again.
"You and that Newt, you seem close?"
"Guess you could say that, we've been friends since I got put here." The boy only nodded in response.

"Hope your not afraid of heights!" You ran over to the ladder leading up to the watchtower. "Come on!"
He climbed the ladder after you. Once the two of you got up the watchtower you smiled at the view over the glade. Leaning on the tree holding it up and letting the boy watch over it by himself.
"This is all we got..." You had a sad smile on your lips. "You respect this place and we'll get along perfectly."
You moved next to him and enjoyed the view of all the boys on the ground doing their work.
"What's out there?" He pointed at the opening to the maze. Alby had told you not to tell the new greenie's before he could. Letting out a small sigh you regained your mind.
"We got three very simple rules here, okey?" You earned a nod. "First rule, do your part, don't have time for any free notice. Second, never harm another glader, none of this works unless we have trust!" You looked out over the glade and back at him, seeing him nodding understanding.
"And moste importantly, never go behind those walls. You understand greenie?" Once agin earning a nod.

"Hey (y/n)!" You watched over the edge to see Chuck.
You grabbed the boy by his hand and dragged him towards the ladder. Climbing down it.
"Well if it isn't the only person here that is the most normal!" You happily stated.
"And if it isn't the most wired out of all of us!" Chuck retorted. You grinned since you had told Chuck to say that about you.
"Well back to business, Chuck you take the greenie and put up where he'll sleep and I can do the last fix on the goathut." You taped your chin, trying to remember if you forgot anything. "Aha and answer as many questions you can!" You had started to walk of at that moment.
"Okey!" Chuck yelled.

As you finally was back up on the roof fixing the last few things on it, you heard a usher down from the ground. Letting out an annoyed breath you looked over the edge.
"Hey what happened?" You looked down to see Winston coming from the opening of the maze.
"Gally pushed the greenie because he was to close the opening."
"I swear that Gally will either scare this greenie so bad he wanna go back down the box or he'll get told of for once." Winston laughed at your remark as you rolled your eyes. You went back to hammering, checking that the roof would hold up your weight. It was a bit unsteady so you shouted at the other boys to give you some more planks.
"Geez, chill (y/n)! We have the whole night."
"But I thought you would like to go to the bonfire later, and I swear if you don't give me the last few planks I'm gonna make sure you have to finish this and that tonight!" You pointed towards the new homestead you had started building a few weeks ago.
Just then you got four planks sent up. Well that worked!