Chapter 11 "A safe place?"

After the helicopter had landed you got put into a room. In it it had been a table full of food. Everyone had happily ate the food, you on the other hand had took some food and then stood to the side and ate a littel.
You now sat and waited in the room for someone to come get you guys. Minho were laying sprawled out on a table, having a food coma of all the food he had ate. You sat with Teresa, Newt and Thomas by some sacks.

You didn't talk, which made Newt worry.
Sitting close by Newt, in front of you sat Teresa. She tried to get you to talk, failing miserably.
"Come on (y/n), can you atleast say how you feel?" She tried, taking your hands in hers and giving you a calm look. Your hand were loose in hers, Newt looked over at you. Face bare of emotions, you just looked at Teresa.
She frowned at this and let go of your hands, sitting next to you.
"(y/n)?" Newt tired. "Love can you look at me?" What he called you grabbed your attention to him. Turning your head he looked into your eyes. Placing a hand on your upper arm and he gave you a sad smile. Thomas who were sitting opposite of you three just looked at you. Feeling bad for what he'd said in the helicopter, it was insensitive of him.
"It'll be good (y/n)! Were in a safe place now." Minho sat up and smiled at you. They all saw your eyebrows twitch together a littel like you were going to scrunch them together. The other boys came and sat down with you guys. None of you really talked, you just sat there, processing things. You leaned your had on Teresa's shoulder. She didn't mind, she saw you as a good friend even though you'd only know each other for some days. Newt smiled to himself at the sight of you and Teresa getting along so well. Knowing full on well you'd always wanted another girl in the glade.

A few minutes late the door to the room opened. Everyone scrambled to their feet. You walked over to the table where the food had been just erlier, right in front of the door. A man held up the door and soon another man was revealed.
"You kids doing alright?" The man questioned as you walked over to them. "Sorry for all the fuss, we had ourself a littel bit if a swarm."
"Who are you?" Thomas stood in the front. Newt came up behind you and put a hand on your lower back.
"I'm the reason you're all still alive, it's my intention to keep you that way. Now come with me, we'll get you all squared away." The man started to walk of. You looked at everyone. Earning a glance from Newt who grabbed your hand and started to walk.
You walked out the room. Out side it it was like they were building it out or something. There were people working everywhere.
"You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place!" The man announced while walking. "For us this is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world! You all should think of it as a wait staiton, kind home between homes."
You didn't know what to think of this. Not being sure if you could trust this Janson. You felt your hand get a littel squeeze, you looked to your right to see Newt looking around the place. You looked at your hand to still see Newt holding it. Your hand was loose in his, as you felt butterflies in your stomach you took a hold of his hand. Newt felt this and looked down, smiling slightly.
Not paying any attention you were to in your own littel world until Minho took you out of it.
"Why are you helping us?" Minho dragged you out of your head.
"Let's just say that whats out there is a rather precarious situation, we're all hanging on by a very thin thread. The fact that you kids can manage to survive the flare virus makes you the best chance of humanity's survival." Janson proclared.
You came up to a door. You had such a hard time keeping up with what Janson was saying. He was saying so much stuff, the tiredness from crying erlier didn't make it easier either.

"Beyond these doors lay the begin of your new life's." Janson swiped a card and the door opened. "First things first, let's do something about that smell."
As you were walking in the long hallway Newt looked over at you.
"Love, you'll have to go with Teresa." Newt tugged at your arm a littel. You looked up at him and nodded. He let your hand go as you continued walking.

The water flowed over your body as you stood in the shower. Your hair drenched in the water, going from its usual fluffy state to being slicked down. Out of some reason you felt yourself tear up. Quickly looking up and getting water flowing over your face. You then turned of the shower. Using your hands to get rid of all the water on your face and that flowed does from your wet hair.
"Are you done (y/n)?" You heard Teresa ask from the shower next to you. You didn't answer and just went out to take up the towel and wrap yourself up in it. Walking out to the locker room by the showers you grabbed the clothes you had gotten. As you had put on your pants and underwear you stopped by the mirror. Looking over the wounds on your left arm and the big scar in your chest. You winced a littel as you teased over the wounds on your left arm.
When you heard the other shower turn of you quickly took up the long-sleeve laying on the bench in the middle of the locker room. You pulled it in in one swift motion just in time for Teresa to walk in from her shower.
You sat down on the bench and just watched yourself in the mirror. Small cuts covering your face and hands.
"You gonna brush your hair?" You turned and Teresa held out a hairbrush to you as she just gotten her clothes on. You took it from her and she smiled.
Brushing the knots out of your hair. You tilted your head a littel at yourself in the mirror, deciding to braid it to get the bloody mess to hair out of the way.
Teresa turned and watched as you were starting to braid your hair.
"Let me do that." She came up behind you and took over your braiding. "Newt's worried about you, you know." She continued braiding your hair. Giving you two well done dutch braids.
"But were safe now and that's all that matters. Let's go!" She gave you a light hug from behind. Before walking off. You sighed, standing up and walking out of the locker room.