Chapter 6 "Night talk under stars"

After finally getting getting about two to three hours of sleep you were finally up on your feet again. It wasn't a long sleep but enough for you to make it through the day. When you woke up Gally had come and dragged you to the council hall for keepers meeting. You weren't a keeper but the guys though you should be there for a 'female opinion'.

"Clint, Jeff how's he doing?" Newt asked the boys as you stood next to him.
"It's bad. He's getting worse..." There were a silence covering the council hall. You looked at the ground, knowing you would either have to kill Alby or banish him.
"Alright umm... just keep an eye on him." Clint and Jeff nodded at Newt. When they were just about to open the door Minho, Zart, Winston, Frypan and Thomas came bragging in.
"Ah, nice of you to join us. You boys enjoyed your littel field trip?" Gally stood, crossing his arms over his chest. You only stayed quiet, feeling ut wasn't time for you to jump in.
"What the hell Gally?! You think you can call a keeper meeting without us?" You jumped a littel at Minho's sudden raise of voice. Also being half asleep still.

"Last time I checked the greenie wasn't a keeper, you mind waiting outside?" He motioned toward the door.
"(y/n)s not a keeper either." Thomas argued, earning glares from the boys. You didn't care what he said, you were to wrapped up in your own thoughts.
"He stays!" Minho demanded. " What's the point of all of this?"
"We got two hours before sun down. We gotta figure out what to do with Alby." Newt explained. You lifted your head from looking at the ground finally being out your own thoughts.
"You want to banish him..." Winston proclaimed, everyone looking at Newt like it was his choice.
"No one wants to banish Alby..." You cut in, getting everyone to look at you.
"But he's stung, we don't have a choice." You knew Gally was right, you didn't have a choice but to banish him.
"Yes we do!" You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion at Thomas.
"You say something newbie?" "Yeah we do, we don't have to banish Alby" You straightened up, raising your eyebrows.

"Really, how's so?" Gally looked at Thomas with a look that could murder. You started to gett really feed up on Gally trying to take charge when Alby made it clear it was Newt's responsibly if he wasn't there. You cared for Gally like in a littel sister way but he started to go overboard.
"We found this in a griever." Thomas handed Newt a metal cylinder with a screen showing the number seven. You stood behind Newt on your tippy toes looking over his shoulder to see the thing.
"It's the same letter on our supplies." Newt looked up confused.
"Yeah, who ever put us here made the grievers and this is the first ever real clue you found in three years right Minho?"
"Right" "Newt we gotta go back out there, who knows where this might lead us?"
"You see what he's tryna do right? I mean fist he breaks the rules, then he's trying to make us abandon them totally." Gally puased. "The rules are the only thing that has keept us together, why now are we questioning them? If Alby were here you know he would agree with me." The hall got quiet.

"Stop trying to be the leader Gally..." You mumbled under your breath, barely being heard by the boys. Eraning glances by everyone.
"This shank needs to be punished!" Gally continued.
Newt handed Minho the thing when you wispered something meant only for yourself but he heard it.
"One night in the pit with no food, but he won't stop going into the maze so why not make him a runner..." Newt looked over at you and you understood he had heard you.

"Your right. Thomas broke the rules." Newt looked at everyone. "One night in the pit with no food."
"Oh come on Newt! One night in the pit, do you think that's gonna stop him?"
"No! And we can't have none runners running into the maze whenever they feel like it! Starting from tomorrow you're a runner." Newt announced without any hesitation.

Gally stormed out, while Thomas thanked Newt for it. But Newt didn't say anything and only nodded then looking at you. As everyone leaved the hall he turned to you.
"Now tell me why you aren't second in command?"