Chapter 5 "I'd say make them runners"

"Oh fuck, shit! Fuck, fuck, fuck!" You thought while running as your life literally depended on it. The surprising thing was that it didn't feel like you had been in the maze for that long. But in reality you had been there for hours running and hiding from a griever who wouldn't give you and Thomas a break.
"RUN (y/n)!?!" Thomas shouted at the top of his lungs. It did make you irritated, you just wanted to focus on running instead of having to reassure him you ran for dear life. When you reached him you bumped into him but he catched you.
"WILL YOU SHUT UP AND RUN ALREADY?!" You started to run again,this time being far ahead of Thomas. He held his mouth shut, making it easier to run.

In the glade Newt sat awake. Not being able to get the fact that all three of you could die out his head. He heard the screeching and loud noise of grievers and the maze starting to change.
He looked at the fire. Not really being able to sit still. Hearing some rustling near his hammock and turned. Whe he turned he saw Gally standing there.
"Worried?" Gally raised an eyebrow at Newt trying to sound unbothered, but was actually really worried for you.
"I know you are too..." Newt simply stated.
"Yeah, but (y/n) is smart, Minho too. The shank only needs to stay by one of them and they'll make it out." It wasn't always that Newt saw Gally like this but he understood he cared. Gally sat down in your hammock and just sat there with Newt.

You and Thomas fell down the vines and both landed with grunts. You quicker than ever scurried to your feet, helping Thomas up. Turning you started to run again. Suddenly someone came out to the two of you, scarring you both.
"You're both crazy son of bitches!?!" Minho grabbed your hand and you all started to run. It was still dark but your eyes had adapted to it.
"It's changing, it's changing! Come on! Come on!" The loud sound of the maze coming not far from you guys.

When you saw the wall closing our stopped. Minho ran through it and turned. When Thomas catched up to you he looked at you confused.
"What are you doing (y/n)?!" He almost yelled. You were done to say the least. You grabbed the collar of his shirt and pushed him against the maze wall. He was shocked to say the least and Minho in the far distance tried to call out for your attention.
"Listen, either you run over there or you run when I run! What do you choose, possible death or actually making it out?!" You turned and saw the griever closing in on you and let Thomas go. Keeping an eye on how close the griever was the whole time. Thomas had choosen to stay with you.
When it was close enough you grabbed Thomas' hand and sprinted through the closing wall. The griever closing in on you.
"Come on guys don't look back!!" You pushed yourself as much as you could. Desperately wheezing for air.
A thud behind you and a shrill scream you assumed was the griever came as you and Thomas ran into Minho who had shouted for you both.
"You guys are just as insane!" Running again you knew why you didn't choose to be a runner again.

"They're not coming back Chuck..." Newt sighed, chest heavy with sorrow. Holding back the tears as not to react any diffrent just because it was you in there.
"No way!" Zart pointed into the maze. Around the corner the boys saw Thomas and Minho carrying or more like dragging Alby. You coming behind holding your arm as you had got stuck in the vines but the adrenaline in your body had you not noticing.
Everyone cheered happily, but you felt like shit. Head hurting as you'd been up for more than twenty-four hours without sleep and bruises and cuts all over you.

Everyone helped to lay Alby down. You sat to the side, catching your breath of the nights adventures.
"What happend to him?" Jeff looked over Alby.
"He got stung..." You breathlessly stated.
Newt saw the long wounds from the vines that covered you left arm. Dried blood covering your long-sleeve.
"You saw a griever?" Chuck curiously and still worried asked. "Yeah" You and Thomas said in unison.
"They didn't just see it... they killed it!."

You were so tired that you laid down on the ground closing your eyes. They carried Alby to the med-jack, leaving you on the ground with Thomas, Minho and Newt.
"You good (y/n)?" Thomas looked at your arm while you sat up.
"Yeah it's nothing!" Newt was happy you were out but also angry you ran in and couldn't believe you just came out like it was nothing.
"Are you bloody stupid?!" He clearly had anger in his voice. Kneeling down in front of you, eyes narrowed at you. You were so exhausted that you didn't feel like arguing.
"Yeah I'm stupid, I know. But if you just let me clean this up then you can lecture or yell at me." His factual features soften and he stood up, holding a hand out to you. You shook your head and stood up on your own.