Chapter 33 "The one I love"

You breathed heavily while running up the stairs. There was so many goddamn stairs that you would go crazy soon. Being one of the faster and smaller once if the boys you flew up the stairs no matter the exhaustion you hid behind. You saw police cars on the road and quickly dodged. Sliding down on the ground and across the tile you hid behind a small concrete wall that was about twenty inches high. The boys mirrored you. Newt collapsed down by the wall, leaning against it he started to cough uncontrollably. When he stopped he started to open up his jacket.
"Hey, how you feeling?" Minho asks Newt as he sits in front of him. All of you breath heavily from the running.
"Ugh... terrible." Newt say with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood. "It's good to see you though."
Minho smiles at him, then looking over at you and motioning for you to come over. You nod and make your way over to the two.
"Good to see you Min." You smile at Minho before he goes over to Thomas and Gally. You take off you jacket completely, leaving you in a simple tank top.
"Hey just try to hang in there a littel longer." You turn to Newt. He looks at you, the black veins start to appear on his neck, almost at his face. He tiredly reaches out a hand and put it on your cheek.
"Did I... ever tell you how beautiful you are?" He asks you, ignoring what you told him. You look at his eyes, starting to feel tears build up behind yours. You blink hard to not let any fall.
"I think you did, on my first bonfire in the glade." You then tell him. He smiles and strokes your cheek.
Minho, Gally and Thomas look at the two of you.
"How long has he been like this?" Minho asks Thomas.
"He'll be okey, we just gotta get to Brenda. She got the serum." Thomas tells Minho, taking his jacket of as well.
He makes his way over to you and Newt.
"Hey Newt, we gotta get going buddy." Thomas tells him. You move out the way as Thomas helps Newt up. He stumbles but Thomas catches him quickly. You stand up and help Thomas support Newt, putting and arm around him.

Gally and Minho come over and help. Minho takes your place on supporting Newt. As he takes over you take the gun attached to your leg. You open the magazine on it and check to see that all the ammunition was in. Closing the magazine again you load the gun and hold it between both of your hands. Your pointer finger on the trigger, ready to shot.
You start to move. But don't get far until and big explosion makes the whole ground rumble under your feet. You all stumbling over as you wee pretty close the explosion. Turning you see the explosion is on the walls into the city.
"Oh my god, they were supposed to take W.C.K.D down not the whole damn city." Gally says as he looks at the burning walls.
"Come on Gally we gotta go now!" Thomas told him as him and Minho started to move along with Newt. You put a hand on Gallys shoulder.
"We have to go, we gotta get atleast you four out of here." You told him and started to sprint after the three boys.

You and been trapped at a street where people from outside the walls had come in. They had opened fire at guards, police, and shot down buildings. Setting the big buildings on fire. All of you and been able to move from the street into a building. Being safe from the shots. You sat against the wall. Newt started to get even worse than he already was. Minho and Gally sat next to him. Thomas sitting not to far from you. He was talking to Brenda over the walkie-talkie. You'd not eaten alot today as you were to worked up and couldn't force down any food in your stomach. You put your palms on either side of your head, pressing to release the tension by your temples that caused you to have a headache.
"How's it going (y/n)?" Gally shouts to you to be heard over the gun shots and explosions outside.
"Just a headache, I can pull through." You shout back at him. You stop pressing your palms against your haed as you hear Brenda over the walkie-talkie.
"Don't worry we'll come to you. Just look for us by the tunnels!" You hear her voice buzz through the talkie. With that Thomas puts it down and start to stand up. He goes to look down the street.
"Let's go!" He tells and go over to help Minho with Newt. You go out first, gun held high. Gally walking last. Civilians was bombing houses. The skyscrapers getting set on fire one by one.
"Alright Newt were almost there!" Gally tell the boy.
"Just leave me here." You hear Newt grumble as Minho and Thomas walk with him. A car suddenly flew by, being catched on fire. All of you drop to the ground as more people come yelling and screaming in the city.
The boys and you keep low, Minho as a hand on your back in a protective way. The sound of an aircraft of an sort take the boys attention, but not yours. Yours is fixated to the boy in front of you. It all feels oddly familiar, like déjà vu.
"Alright that's them we gotta go!" Thomas says as he's about to help Newt stand. But Newt stop him by staying no over and over before coughing up a black like liquid. Almost like black blood. He breaths heavily when he stops. You all look at him.
"Minho, (y/n) you guys gotta run ahead. Grab the serum and get back to us as you as you guys can." Thomas tells the two of you. Minho looks at Thomas.
"Minho, the two of you are the fastest." Thomas pleaded the two of you.
"He's right, I can cover." Gally tells and get ready.
"Thank you, thank you Minho.." Newt says and tries to smile a littel.
"You just hang in there, okey?" Minho tells him, before going over to Gally. You don't say anything and just stand up. Walking over to Gally still feeling déjà vu. Newt watch as you go over to the two boys.
"Wahd did you say no again Minho? Never stop running." You say to him, getting ready to run. He nods before you watch to see for when it's clear to go. You then see the opportunity and take it. You run like never before, getting far ahead of the two boys.