Chapter 21 "Markus and dances"

As the dark night sky started to light up you were up still, walking. It had only been a few hours since leaving Brenda and Thomas for themselves. It had been torture to not be sure if they were okey. Jorge talked about some Markus, apparently he would know where the right arm was. Jorge had also calmed you a littel with that there was another way out the building. All of you were dying for food.
You had come to a city. The city looked like the one you had gone through a few days ago. But this city had people living in it. You all walked out on the main street that was between the buildings. People were scattered all over, talking and walking around. No cranks, yet.
"So there are some civilization." Minho stated as yoi walked up on the street.
"Did you expect all of humanity to be infected, hermano?" Jorge questioned him while still carrying the big bag he had taken with him.

Making your way down the street music filled your ears. You scrunched your brows at the sound, finding it weird. You, Aris and Teresa had been walking together for the past one, two hours. As Newt had finally let you go. You three exchanged confused looks.
The building you were walking outside was filled with people around your age. A party?
"Here's the thing," Jorge stopped outside. "We are looking for a man with blond hair, bad taste in clothing. If a man come up and offers any of you a drink, don't drink it if you don't wanna be out like a light."
"This is where you think Thomas and Brenda are?" Frypan asked, unsure.
"Think? I know." He stated.
"Maybe we should go alone, then we can cover more of the place." Aris suggested, you nodded a yes to the idea.
"Good idea hermano! Find me if you find Markus." Jorge commanded before walking inside to look around. Newt quickly kissed your forehead before walking inside. Frypan, Minho and Aris smirking and wiggling their eyebrows on you before going inside. You blushed and rolled your eyes. Hearing yelling you followed where it came from.

Pushing you way past people dancing and looking like they weren't even conscious of what they were doing. Hell, they looked drunk. When you got to the yelling you were met by a rather questioning sight.
A crank being chained to the ground, people around it. Throwing things at it, irritating it more. Everyone were pushing around to see. That's when a boy around your age stumbled into you, causing you to fall.
"Look where your going shuck face!" You pushed yourself to your feet as the boy stood.
"Listen here sweetie-" He wasn't able to end his sentence before you had pushed him in the jaw. He stumbled to the floor as a gun shot was heard and the cranks had been executed.
"Fuck off!" You walked away with that. What you hadn't seen was that Jorge was not far away and had seen you punch the guy. He for some reason felt like a proud dad, he was also a bit shocked as you didn't seem like the type of girl to punch someone. But he was impressed.

Making you way across the dance floor, not looking where you were going. Suddenly you bumped into someone. As you were about to apologize when a familiar voice spoke up.
"Whoa, you okey love?" Newt yelled, trying to top over the loud music.
"Yes I'm fine, have you found them yet?" Newt shook his head. A sigh escaped your lips. A idea popped up in Newt's head as he looked around at the people dancing. He knew you should be looking for Thomas and Brenda but he just felt for it.
"Come here!" He grabbed you hand, dragging you past all the people dancing. Until he found a spot with enough room.
He stopped and turned to you, not fully knowing why he felt like doing this.
"What are you doing?" You asked looking at him with a questioning look.
"Just follow my lead." He simply spoke, taking you hands and placing them around his neck. You had a confused look on your face the whole time. Newt placed his hands on your hips, causing you to feel your heart flutter.

Just then the music slowed down, as if this was set up. Newt smiled genuinely at you, starting to sway back and forth. You sighed and followed along, dancing to the music. You didn't look up at him and keept your eyes on the people behind him. You were just a head shorter then Newt. As you didn't look up at him Newt grinned like crazy. After a few seconds of you still not looking up at him he sighed.
"You can look at me, you know." Holding your breath for a short second before looking up at him. He smiled at you, still moving to the sound of the music.
What Newt originally planned to be a short dance, turned to the two of you dancing to the slow music for about five minutes. During these five minutes you had leaned your forehead on his shoulder, this had made Newt pull you in a bit closer. Closing your eyes, actually enjoying it. Newt pulled you in even closer, as if the two if you were hugging. This surprised you.
"We should go look for the others." You told him with still swaying back and forth. He didn't replie, instead he slid his hand up your back. Your breath hitched a littel. His hand came up to the side of you cheek where he moved the stray hairs that fell in your face behind your ear.
"Just play along, love." He wisperd, sending shivers down your spine.
"Did you have something to drink?" You questioned, remembering what Jorge said.
"No, I'm not that bloody stupid." He chuckled, his chest vibrating with every chuckle he let out. You smiled and giggled, something out of your sarcastic, calm and not so giggly personality. Newt had only heard you chuckle or full on laugh. Leaning his head down he rested his head in the crock of your neck.

Minho, who had been looking for you and Newt to tell the two of you that Thomas and Brenda were fine. Was more than surprised when he spotted the two of you on the dance floor, slow dancing. How close the two of you were dancing made him wonder. He smiled and rolled his eyes, loving that something might finally happen between the two of you.
He marched over to the two of you. A goofy smirke plastered to his face. He stopped beside the two of you. As none of you had your eyes open he tapped your shoulders. Both of you snapping your heads up. You let go around Newt's neck but he didn't let go of your waist.
"As much as I love to see the two of you-" He stopped when he saw Newt glaring at him. "Being friendly, we found Thomas and Brenda."
"Where are they?" You questioned, your eyes lighting up to hear they both were okey.
Minho showed you two the way to where Jorge had Markus and the other.

"You go ahead Newt, me and beanie need to talk." Minho sent you a look. Newt nodded slowly, giving you a questioning look. You only shrugged in response. Minho watched Newt disappear upstairs.
"What the shuck was that?!" He practically yelled as Newt had made his way up.
"I- I was just looking...- then he-... he just... and we...- I DON'T KNOW!" You stuttered.
"Well it sure as hell looked like the two of you are closer than friends!" Minho sounded a bit static. You blushed a deep shade of crimson, while hiding your face in your hands.
"No, but really beanie. How do you feel about Newt?" Minho suddenly go serious.
"I don't... I feel happy and safe." You said clearly embarrassed.
"You don't sound quite happy about that?"
"It's just that I've felt like this before, in the first maze for a close friend of mine."
"Wait, your other maze was just girls?... HOLD UP!" Minho lookd at you as you bit your lip.
"Yes I had a crush on my friend Sonya then, but I put my feelings away to not destroy anything. I just don't wanna feel this way and have to do that again." You smiled sheepishly and shrugged.
"Look," Minho leaned against a wall. "You don't have feelings for that Sonya anymore, right?" You shook your head 'no I don't'.
"And now you like Newt, and were free so that means it could happen."
"Okey yeah I might like him, but we'll never be something more than friends anyways." You started to make your way upstairs. Minho only told you not to give up and that he think the two of you would suit together perfectly. You were great full for your friendship with Minho, he knew what to say at what time.

Opening the door up to where the other were you sw a man passed out on a chair. His hair were blond and he wore a purple suit, not that flattering if you got a word in it. Jorge looked over at you and Minho, smiling a littel at you. Not that far away sat Teresa with Thomas passed out. There were a couch on which Aris, Newt and Frypan sat on. You entered the room and went to first sit with the boys, only to spotted Brenda sitting on another couch, alone. You changed rout and flopped yourself down next to her.
"Hey." You smiled at her.
"Hey... your (y/n) if I'm not wrong?"
"That's me and your Brenda! I've been worried like crazy for the two of you." You exclaimed. She gave enough a questioning look.
"You were worried for the both of us?" "Yeah, you helped us escape W.C.K.D once again and you seem like an cool person." You quickly answered.
"Thanks!" She smiled. The two of you chatted away the time, waiting for the man Markus to wake up.

"So, you and that blond guy... seems like the two of you are close." She wiggled her eyebrows at you.
"Oh, you mean Newt? Well yeah, he's one of the only people I remember and he's a goid friend."
She smiled at you as you told her about the maze, the glade, Gally, Chuck and all the others. She told you about how it was growing up with the flare around. Telling you about how it was swhen she worked at W.C.K.D. The two of you were so deep in conversation that you didn't notice Newt, Frypan, Aris, Minho and Jorge was watching the two of you bond. Newt and Minho who knew you best was surprised how easily you two connected just like you and Teresa. You had been stuck with teenage boys for about two years and just recently got your memory's of Aris and deep into memories of maze B back. Yet here you were just talking away with a girl that it looked like you'd known for all of your life. It made Minho and Newt smile. You and Brenda had a good conversation until a groan came from where Thomas was, he was finally waking up.

A/N:
Yeah,... That was fucking cute *wipes tear away*
But it was my friend who helped me come up with this idea AlvA1029, and sorry to everyone who thought something would happen between the two while dancing :)