Chapter 8 "Not again..."

Newt was on the edge of yealling at the boys who sat and were completely quiet. He had been looking for you after breakfast but had not found you. Searching the whole glade and yet he couldn't find you anywhere. Making him worry. All the boys who sat in the council hall were the builders and Newt.
"So you mean she never showed up to work and you didn't think anything of it?" Newt decalred, anger evident in his voice.
"She's not been with you?" Gally inqured, starting to get worked up.
"No, why would she. She loves building." One of the builders pointed out. Newt ran his hands through his hair, both in anger and as he had started getting anxious. One of the builders seemd like his brain was working hard, as he frowned with a thoughtful look on his face.
"Last time I saw her she was talking to Thomas and Minho." Newt turned to the boy. "They were fully geared and said something about you releasing (y/n) from work to run the maze with them?" He said it more like a question. Gally turned to the guy. Anger clear in his eyes.
"So you're telling us that Minho and Thomas lied to (y/n) and got her to go in the maze with them, while you did nothing you shucking slinthead?!" Gally stood tall and hovered over the boy.
"You didn't release her?" Another boy stood up from his seated position, making his presence clear.
"So what the bloody hell are we going to do now?" Newt looked at all the builders, thinking of how stupid they were.

As Newt had lectured and almost yelled at the other builders for not noticing you were gone. He had gone back to work for some time, you filling his mind. He got some work done before all the gladers started to go to the opening of the maze.
Newt stood in front of the maze door, arms crossed over his chest, tapping his foot impatiently. He knew if you came out with Minho and Thomas atleast you were okey. But he would still yell at Minho for what he did.
In the distance, rounding a corner, the gladers could see three people emerge. Two running in the front and one behind, one in the front clearly being you, judging from you clothes and siluett.

Running to the opening of the maze your hand hurt, very much. A blade had banged into your arm as you ran through. Seeing as it hurt when you moved it you thought it was spraind, well it was the only explanation. You hadn't broke it.
When you came closer Minho saw Newt standing in the front. He gulped knowing full on well that this wasn't gonna end well.
"(y/n)!" Newt called as you just came out. You smiled at him, trying to hide the pain in your hand.
"Hey New-" "What the hell Minho! You lied to her to get her to go in the maze with you?!" Newt cut you off turning to Minho.
"Listen, I know it was stupid," Minho started. "But we need her."
"What the shuck, you should talk to me and (y/n) about it! Not just lie to her and get her out there!"

You just stood there as Newt argued back and forth with Minho and Thomas about lying to you just so you would go out the maze. You were both shocked about getting lied to, Minho knowing you had bad memories from the maze. But also how Newt were practically yelling at Minho and Thomas made your heart skip a beat. There were that feeling again, of butterflies in your stomach. You then snapped back to reality and stepped between the boys.
"Okey shut up all of you!" They stopped. "You lied to me Minho?..." Hurt evident in your eyes.
"Yes... but we need you. I saw something click in you when we got to section seven! As you remembered something!"
"That still doesn't mean you should lie... but we have something more important to talk about." You started to walk.

"What the hell do you mean?" Said Newt as everyone started to follow.
"Well you tell them Thomas!" Minho looked at Thomas and then you.
"We found a passage, we think it is a way out!"
You walked as fast as you could, arm still hurting.
"Really?"
"It's true!" Minho answered Newt a bit out of breath. "It opened a door, something I've never seen before."
"We think it's where the grievers go during the day!" You announced, holding your arm.
"Wait, whoa whoa! You say you found the grievers home? And you want us to go in there?" You smiled a littel, the feeling of mabye getting out making you happy.
"Their way in could be our way out!" "Thomas is right!" You quickly said.