Chapter 34 "I fucked up"

The way over to the aircraft was long. You all needed to take a longer way due to the other on the be blocked by fires and people shoting down the buildings. It also took a longer time as Newt was still unconscious but he started to wake up. He was confused over what happened and where he was. But you couldn't blame him, you hit him in the head with a gun to knock him out. Oops. You felt the air from the aircraft as you and Brenda walked up the stairs in the city. Minho and Frypan were carrying Newt while Gally protected all of you from any shots.
"Jorge!" Brenda called for the man as you reached the top. The man looked up and saw you and Brenda.
"(y/n)," He hugged you as he'd come up to the two of you. "Where's the boys?"
"They are coming, they fell behind a littel." Brenda motioned for the stairs, Jorge looked over her shoulder. Seeing four boys appear in the stairs, two carrying a half unconscious half awake boy and another keeping a good eye at all directions. He smiles as he sees the four boys, but it turns into a frown.
"Where's Thomas?" He asks.
"He went to Teresa, we need his blood to fully cure Newt." You explain for him. He nods in understatement. You and Brenda gets on the aircraft. You once more count in the immunes, even though Brenda protests that she has already counted in twenty-eight. When your done you see that Minho, Gally and Frypan are right outside, about yo board the aircraft. Jorge runs out and helps pick up Newt, carrying him himself. He carrys in the boy and placed him down against one of the walls as all the seats were taken by the othe kids. You rush over to Newt, he groans as he shifts a littel. He slowly opens his eyes, squinting at the light, head hurting.
"Newt!" You say as you sit in fornt of him on the floor. He forces his eyes open fully. Frypan, Gally and Minho notices that Newt's woken up and comes over.
"What the bloody hell happened...?" He questions weakly. "Why dose my head hurt so much?"
"That would be (y/n)s fault, she hit you in the head, knowing you out with some extra help of a gun." Brenda laughs slightly.
"I thought I was gonna-" Newt starts but Minho cut him off.
"You thought, but your not." He smiles.
"Yeah, I don't think (y/n) would let that happen, after that kiss." Frypan says with a joking tone to his voice. Nudging your shoulder.
"Oh, yeah!" Newt smiles as he remembers, eyes closed. You blush furiously, maybe it was better if he was out cold again?
"Shut up.." You mumbled while crossing your arms. All of the boys except for Gally laughed at you, Gally still being in "big brother" mode.
"Settle down! We're taking off in two!" Vince announced from the cockpit. All of you sat down just for the take of at least. As you all sat down, still in front of Newt he opened his eyes. He leaned forward and grabbed your hand. Taking it in his he then sat back again. A smile on his face. You smiled at him as he closed his eyes once more just because of the headache. Your eyebrows then furrows, he didn't know Thomas wasn't there. Yoi right now just hoped you would be able to get him and Teresa out the city before all of it collapsed.

The take of went smoothly. All of you sat down. But as soon you were in the air you went to stand up. Being stopped by Newt still holding your hand. He understood you had to go do something and released you. You stood up. The adrenaline started to wear of in your body, meaning you started to feel where the knife had digged into your skin erlier. Right by your shoulder. You walked over to Brenda, Jorge and Vince that were in the cockpit. You leaned on the doorframe.
"You have any gauze?" You questioned, Brenda and Vince looked at you. Jorge being to into flying the aircraft.
"Yeah over there." Brenda pointed to a cabinet with a red cross on it. You walked over and took out the guaze. You walked back to Brenda holding it out for her.
"Can you help, you just gotta put it on tight?" She nodded and did as you said. You took a good hold of the seat Vince sat in and your grip tightened as Brenda made sure the guaze was put on tight. This way it would stop coming out the wound. When she was done you sat down next to her. Watching out the big window you saw almost all of the buildings being on fire. It was terrifying really. But also amazing as to what some people outside the walls could do to such big and protected city.

When you reached the big W.C.K.D building it was all in flames. All of the boys were in the front now, except for Newt who was still back with the other kids. Jorge made sure not to hit any building as you got higher and higher. Reaching the top of the building. And there sat Teresa holding what looked to be a badly injured Thomas. Jorge quickly starts to turn around so you can get Thomas in the entrance and Teresa.
You all mirrored Vince and ran to the back where the opening started to open. You walked don't on it, sitting at the edge.
"I can't get any closer!" Jorge calls from the front. Vince sits down at the edge aswell as Minho. Bother of them starts to reach out for Thomas but fails as you can't go closer.
"Get closer!" You yell at Jorge as Teresa tells all of you to go closer. When Jorge says he can't you breath out of frustration. You stand up and quickly run to the back where Newt is.
"Newt." You say hastily. He opens his eyes and looks at you. You lean in and place your lips on his, he return it. Not thinking of how random it was. He pushed som hair out your face as he placed a hand on your cheek. A tear running down your cheek, but he brushed it away.
When you pulled apart it had only been about ten seconds but it felt like an eternity.
"You're full of surprises." Newt smirks at you tiredly. You smile sadly and stand up. He looks confused and tries to stand but his head says against it. Aa he sits he passes out once again but now from exhaustion.
"Keep it still right here Jorge!" You yell at him. Uoi take in a shaky breath.

You start to sprint towards the opening in the back where all the boys are. A big enough space between Gally and Vince is enough.
"(Y/N) WHAT THE HELL?!" All of them say as you jump of the edge and land on the building. You land hard but not enough to hurt yourself.
"Come on Teresa!" You tell the girl while running up to her and help her steady Thomas. The two of you go the the edge of the building.
"Why would you do that?!" Teresa asks you. You shrugged and quickly focused back on the aircraft. It was not easy steady Thomas even thought you were two. Some deprise fall of an building behind you. Making you and Teresa loose balance. You loose your grip around Thomas. You help Teresa up, determined the two of you pick Thomas up.
"Come on!" Teresa tells Thomas.
"Come on recah, reach!?" Minho calls for the three of you. You and Teresa look at each other, and throw Thomas to the others, luckily they catch him.
"In Thomas pocket is the cure!" Teresa yells for them. You and Teresa prepare to go and jump.
Minho look through all of Thomas' pockets and find the cure in his back pocket. He takes it and quickly run over to Newt. He gives the boy the cure without any warning an dthen quickly rushes back to you and Teresa that's trying to find the right opportunity to leap.
"Come on girls! Jump!" Vince and Gally call for the two of you. The sound of something breaking caught your attention. You and Teresa turns, seeing one of the building collapse. You look at it scared for your life. The building falls, hitting the other side from where you and Teresa stood. It made the whole building shake, you and Teresa falling to the ground. You breath heavily.
The fire making you feel like your burning up, you stand. Teresa already stands up, looking up at Thomas. You walk over to her, tears in both of your eyes you two hug.
"I'm sorry.. I fucked up" Teresa cried. "I fucked up our friendship." You only hugged her tighter. Not caring what she did anymore. You didn't wanna die and hate her, you just couldn't.

Letting go you look up at the boys. You made it, you saved the boys just like you wanted from the beginning. But at the cost of your own life. But that was all okey.
You smiled ever so slightly. That was when it all collapsed behind you. Pice after pice fell of the once great W.C.K.D facility that was now crumbling to the ground. You blinked one last time and the ground under you gave in. The ground gave up on the two of you, making you and Teresa fall into what would probably be your death. You closed your eyes, getting engulfed by the debris, fires and smoke.
Thomas screamed for the two of you as he watched the two of you disappeared. Minho, Gally and Frypan was stunned. Brenda who was standing up fell to the ground.
"No... NO!" Minho yelled as he sat back, tears falling down his cheeks. Gally felt the lump in his throat, the need to cry out for you but it was impossible. Brenda started to cry uncontrollably as Jorge closed the door and took of. Vince evolved over and started to try and sooth Brenda. Thomas was unconscious and Frypan was working in stopping the bleeding he had from his stomach. Making him focused on something else but his eyes were glossy. Gally an doing sat on the floor. Not knowing what to do. They looked over to see Newt had passed out once more. But maybe it was good, how were they gonna tell him?
You were gone...

A/N:
Oops you died... keep scrolling

BITCH, I could never kill you! Just wait till next chapter but ehhh this a lil sad 🥲✨