Chapter 2 "Thomas..."

"You see those guys, over there by the fire? Those are runner's and every morning when the doors open they run the maze, mapping it. Trying to find a way out."
Newt had been sitting with the greenie for a while, trying to warm up to him.
Newt were telling him about runner's and the maze, so he would understand. The thing was Newt really wanted you to be there, but he hadn't seen you since he went back to work erlier. That until you finally came.
"What about her?" Newt turned to see you walk over to the runner's. Taking Minho in for a side hug, Newt smiled at you before turning back to the greenie.
"Yeh, what about her?" He raised an eyebrow at him.
"What dose she work with? And why is she the only girl?" He let out breath.
"Builder, with Gally and no one has an idea on why she is the only girl." He paused. "But if there's one thing I know is that you should show her some respect." Newt turned around and looked at you interact with the other boys, laughing and having fun.
"Yeah, I'll respect her but why are you telling me this?
"Cause if you don't the whole glade will be be after you or she dose it herself, or both." Newt glanced over at the greenie only to see his mouth open and close for sometime before he just nodded in respond.

You sat next to Minho and some others joking around. That until Minho got a brilliant idea. He moved closer to you and smirked.
"Hey (y/n) how's your boyfriend?" You choked on your own spit, banging your chest for it to stop.
"M-my what?" All the boys sitting with you were grinning like idiots.
"Yeah, how's New-" "Newt's not my boyfriend!" You glared at Minho.
"Come on (y/n/n) we all know there's something there!" Zart looked up at you from the ground with eyebrows raised. You looked over at Newt who seemed to look your way. You smiled and waved at him.
"Yeah sure, your totally blushing greenbeen!" Minho flung an arm around your shoulder.
"What?"
"Are you that clueless (y/n)?!" He let out a breath. "Why are you so red then?" All the boys laughed at you.
"That's why my cheeks are so warm?!" You gasped.
They all laughed and you started to laugh with them before standing up and brushing yourself of.
"Well this was nice but I have a greenie to get to know!"

You walked up behind Newt and the new boy. You hunched down to be at their level and listend in on their conversation.
"He'll warm up to you." Just as Newt had said that you slung your arms around him from behind making him jump at the sudden hug. The new boy jumped as well.
"Hello boys! Not gonna join the party?" Laying your head on Newt's shoulder and looking at them.
"She's right, this night is supposed to be about you!" Newt started to stand up.
"No I think I'll ju-" No come one now! Come on!" You and Newt literally said in unison. You smiled up at him and scurried up on your feet. Newt gave you his drink and helped the boy up on his feet. You looked at the drink, for some reason there were one drink to littel. You hadn't been able to get one and frowned.
"What is it (y/n)?" Newt smiled, knowing what was wrong.
"I didn't get a drink..." You pouted.
"You actually like that stuff?" The boy looked at you as you were crazy.
"Well it's better than nothing!" As you said that you to a big sip of Newt's drink, knowing full on well why there wasn't a drink for you.

"And there we got the builder! There very good with their hands but there's not a lot going on upstairs!" You smaked Newt's shoulder and let out a laugh.
"I'm atleast smarter than them!"
"Yeah yeah, sure you are and there we got Winston, he's the keeper of slicers." You waved to Winston and smiled at the greenie as he looked around.
"There we got two med-jacks, Clint and Jeff!" You pointed at the two boys walking past.
"Hey what's up Newt, (y/n)!" They smiled, greeting you guys.
"They usally spend their time bandaging up our slicers!"
You guys stopped, you looked behind the greenie. Watching Gally and some of the boys fight.
"What if I want to be a runner?" He quickly grabbed your attention, you were in need of cracking up but held it in.
"Didn't you just listen to any of the things Newt told you?" You scrunched your eyebrows still smiling.
"Nobody wants to be a runner! Besides you have to get chosen."
"By who?" Just then Gally had pushed the guy he wrestled with, causing him to bump into the new boy. You backed of with Newt and knew where this was going.

"What do you say greenie? Wanna see what your made of?" You walked up to him and put a hand on his arm.
"Hey you don't have to or more like you don't want to." He walked into the circle and looked Gally dead in the eye. You knew it never ended well if Gally held any gruge against someone. You learnt that the hard way, yet you were able to almost beat him. That was when he started to respect you more.
"Why dose no greenie listen to me about this?" You wisperd to Newt and took his drink out of his hands.
"Because their stupid." You took a small sip and bumped your shoulder into his side and you both smiled.

As they pushed each other around all the boys cheered on them. It was not the best way to entertain but in a way it was fun to watch them throw each other around.
Just as the boy had thrown Gally on the ground you could see Gally narrowing his eyes. He was not happy about the new boy celebrating when he wasn't even done with him. Gally stood and charged at him, hitting him to the ground.
As he landed you saw him hitting his head in the ground. A number of 'ooo's went over everybody.
"Well ow." You sarcastically snorted. You then saw his eyes light up. Was he happy that he got thrown? Gally were walking around while many of the boys congratulated him.
"Thomas..." You shushed all the boys who turned to the now enthusiastic looking boy. His eyes glowed of happiness as he stood up looking around.
"Thomas! I remember my name, I'm Thomas!!" It was quiet for a bit before Alby broke it.
"Thomas!!" He cheered and everyone started to chant his name. You walked up with Newt and celebrated with the guys.
"Well now it'll be easier to call on you!" You shrugged and smiled brightly, Thomas laughed as you patted his back.

The bonfire had ended after a small celebration of Thomas remembering his name, but it got cut short thanks to the grievers.
Newt and Alby made their nightly round around to make sure all fires that was lit wouldn't start and even bigger fire. While you sat in your hammock talking to Minho who were sleeping in the hammock right above Newt, you sleeping across from them.
"Do you think grennie will get his name on the wall?" You looked up at Minho.
"Yeah, everyone dose."
"Oh right, I get your bacon on breakfast tomorrow!" You said all giddy over getting more bacon, putting the last log into the fire.
"I don't remember why tho?" Minho tried to think.
"Well we looked who were faster yesterday and I won, but I didn't get your bacon this morning because you went to the maze erlier." You huffed.
You and Minho argued back and forth over the bacon you were worthy of just when Newt came back from his round with Alby.

"You ladies having fun?" He leaned on the three his hammock was attached to. You playfully tried to look innocent and only smiled.
"What is it (y/n)?" He sat in his hammock looking over at you.
"You wanna know what I want?" The two boy glanced at each other before nodding at you.
"I want someone to walk up to me... put their hands on my face and very passionately..." The boy were confused to say the least.
"Twist as hard as the can and put me out of my fucking misery!" With that you snuggled down your sleeping bag in the hammock, leaving the boys completely dumbfounded. They could hear you mutter something along the lines of 'why did they have to put me alone with like thirty boys'. Newt and Minho smiled trying to contain their laughter.

You heard some snickering from the boys but decided to instead of telling them to shut up you laid back down. The dim light of the fire being soothing and it giving of a warmth. You felt your eyes get heavy lidded and tried to fight the sleepiness that was taking over for some reason. You quickly gave in to the sleep. The only things you heard before falling asleep was the cracking of the fire and the snoring of the boys already fasr asleep. Then black.