Chapter 26 "I'm coming, period!"

Well... not your best idea but it was an idea at least. It was uncomfortable, cold and you had to lay as still as possible not making a single noise. What were you doing? Oh, just hiding in the back of the car while the boys were about to start it. So Thomas had decide to go alone to save Minho but of course Newt and Frypan wouldn't let it happen. The only thing was that they didn't ask you to come. They were gonna leave you and go find Minho just the three of them.
"What about (y/n)?" Thomas asked the two boys.
"She just got out Tommy, she's not going to break in after we broke her out." Newt simply told them.
"She should come, we need her too." Frypan turned to Newt who were seated on the passenger side. Newt just keept quiet and looked out the window of the car. Thomas and Frypan sighed. Then you heard the engine start, the lights that before was on turned off and only the headlights were on on the outside. Backing up the car Frypan then drove off.
Newt starred out the window, thinking of you. The images of erlier that day when they got you out. Your pale skin, bruises on your face, the smile you'd given him and Thomas upon seeing the two again. The side of his lip twitched up in a small smile. For him you were the only one to keep him sane and the only reason he keept going in life.

In the back of the car you still laid. Quiet and as still you could. The lack of sleep was starting to take over you. You tried, you really did. But your eyelids fell close, bringing you into a deep sleep.
'I was walking past the bonfire in the glade. Another day had went by, it was a nice night. Not to cold and not to warm. The day had been warm, probably the warmest day in the glade.
"Hey Fry, I'll take for both me and Newt." I told him while holding up two plates. He smiled and put the food on our plates, giving us some bacon in the process.
"How's he doing?" Frypan questioned me.
"His leg is good, he can walk now at least." I smile a littel at him, still sacred from the every nights nightterrors.
"Good to hear, now shooo!" Frypan waved at me off. I held the plates as well as I could while making my way over to Newt who was seated by a log. I plopped down next to him.
"Here you go Newtie!" I hand him the plate with food. He happily takes it out my hand and digs in.
"I heard that you and Gally was arguing again." He turned to me and grinned.
"He told me that fixing the hole in the roof in the homestead was a waste of time but I manage to fix it in thirty minutes! He's lazy!" I took a bite of my food.
"He indeed is." Newt laughed. Just then someone was standing behind me, I could feel it.
"So now I'm lazy (y/n)?" I know that voice, my damn 'boss', Gally.
"Well yeah. It didn't take long for me to fix that hole now did it?" I cocked an eyebrow at him. He shook his head smiling and walked away.
Me and Newt sat, eating our food and watching the other gladers fight in the circle. Music that some of the boys were playing.

As it got late we had to go to sleep. Walking with Newt and Minho as our hammocks were in the same place. I wanted sleep, I really did but I was just scared. I didn't want to close my eyes only to see the accident playing right in front of me. Or even it playing out worse than it was. I sat down on my hammock, hesitant about going to sleep. I then feel a hand on my shoulder. Looking up I see Newt. He sat down next to me. Not saying anything, before he sighed.
"Want me to stay with you?" He asked. I nodded slowly before Newt laid down on my hammock. I laid down next to him, head on his shoulder. He started to run circles on my back. Calming me a littel. Then my eyes fell shut. Once again.'

Once you woke up the car was on a bumpy road. It's uneven surface made you look around. The sky was not dark anymore and instead it was beautiful shades of orange, sunrise. You heard the boys talking a littel.
Thomas was just talking to Frypan and Newt about random things.
"So are we there yet?" A voice asked tagt belonged dti none of the boys. Frypan stopped the car, he looked din the rear-viwe mirror. Newt turned, confusion written all over his face.
"What the hell-" He was cut of by you popping your head up from behind Thomas. The three boys jumped.
"Well are you gonna continue?" You questioned Fryoan.
"(y/n)! What the hell are you doing here?!" Newt says shocked.
"Well you shanks tried to leave me." You said sternly while climbing to sit next to Thomas. You sat down in the empty seat behind Newt, crossing your arms. The boys all felt guilty.
"We gotta turn back." Newt said a bit quietly, but you still heard.
"Excuse me?" You said irritated, Frypan and Thomas didn't say a word.
"Fry turn back. She's not coming."
"Okey so you just want me to go back and do nothing? It's like a six hour drive back!"
"Your not coming there with us!" Newt turned his head and looked at you.
"So you expect me to sit do nothing and when I get the news that those who I know best is dead, I'll just move on?!" You ask annoyed, raising your voice. They all looked down. Not wanting to say something to make enough more angry.
"Didn't you just tell Thomas that we started this together so why not end it that way? I'm coming, period!" You lock eyes with Newt. "I was with you when this mess stared, so I wanna end it with you guys if that's the case."
You sat back in the seat. Feeling a bit hurt by the boys. None of you said a word, you drop a needle an it could be heard. That's how quiet you guys were. No one said anything and no one moved an inch. That until you came to your senses.
"Let's just go, Minho is not getting better of us just sitting."