Chapter 35 "Take you there"

The breeze from the ocean made the once warm climate be rather enjoyable. The sun was shining as waves crashed into the land. A puff of wind went into the tent where Thomas sat next to Newt, or a still unconscious Newt. They'd get here, their final destination, two nights ago. Safe haven. It was a beautiful place, located by the ocean. Thomas sighed as no sign that Newt was gonna wake up soon showed. He stood up from the chair he sat in. He'd been preparing how to tell Newt that you were gone, but none of the ideas he had sounded sincere enough. A grunt made Thomas turn. Newt was shifting before his eyes slowly opened.
"Guys he's awake!" Thomas popped his head out the tent and grab the attention of all their friends.
"Did you really have to yell, bloody twat." Newt muttered as his head hurt a bit still. Thomas sat down next to him.
"Sorry, mate. We've all just been worried." Thomas frowned. Newt pushed himself up from the bed. Sitting up and rubbing his head. Thomas put a hand on his shoulder, smiling at him. Happy he was alive and he didn't have to kill him. Newt looked over to him and smiled back. Just then Gally, Brenda, Frypan, Aris, Minho and Jorge came in.
"He's alive!" Minho said happily as he saw Newt sitting up. Eveyone laughed.
"Good to see you again hermano!" Jorge smiled at the blonde boy. Newt nodded back at him.
"Where are we?" Newt looked around a bit confused.
"Our final destination, safe haven." Frypan smiled from behind Thomas, Aris and Brenda. Newt was almost about to cry of happiness, he'd done it, or they'd done it. He smiled and looked over all his friends. But the smile quickly faded as one person missed.
"Where's (y/n)?" He frowned at them. All of their smiles faded.
"Newt-" Thomas started. "No Tommy, I remember her being there. She was right there before I blacked out."
"That's the thing, Newt." Brenda told him.
"When you black don't she ran and helped Teresa get Thomas on the aircraft. When her and Teresa was gonna jump a building collapsed..." Jorge explained while rubbing his chin.
"The building they were on got hit by the collapsing building and they fell.." Brenda continued.
"Newt, (y/n)s dead." Gally said without any filter.

Newt felt like his heart got torn out and stomped on over and over. His heart broke there and then. The once not one for crying, broke down there and then. Tears pooling put of his eyes. He blinked hard to stop them from falling. Minho moved and hugged him, Thomas joining in. Brenda, Gally and Jorge left the tent not knowing how to deal with it as they too were broken from it. Gally seeing you as a sister, Brenda doing the same and Jorge seeing you just like he saw Brenda a daughter.
Aris stayed with Newt, Minho, Frypan and Thomas. Sure he'd lost his twin sister but, he was proud of what you've done and knew yoi didn't want him to be sad.
Newt sobbed. He had his head in his hands. The boys sat down with him. Some tears falling from their eyes as well, they hadn't mourned you properly. But seeing their best mate break down like this made them break.
"Guys?" Aris questioned carefully as he noticed Newt and started to calm down. They all looked at the boy, the littel lizard that'd once been yours sat in his shoulder.
"Yeah Aris? Is there something?" Thomas asked the boy.
"Harriet found this in your jacket Newt, it's a letter." The boy held it out for Newt. He hesitated but took it from Aris' hand. Newt's hands were shaking and but he opened the letter, carefully. The other four boys watching him. He unfolded it to reveal your handwriting. With a shaky breath he started to read it from the rest if the boys as he didn't wanna feel alone right now.

To Newt.
I'm deeply sorry. Now you may ask for what, I'm sorry for making all of you feel the pain of losing someone again. I don't want you to die, I don't wanna die. But I'd do it if it's what I have to do. You've lost so much already. Your lucidity, hope and desire to keep fighting. I've always been amazed by how you can do all fo this, pretending like your fine but you're really not.
Tonight I'm only trying to remember the good memories, like those days in the glade where the sky would be so clear you could see every star covering the sky. In those starts are all the people who made us come this far Alby, Zart, Jeff, Chuck.
It eases my hurt now that I'm up here with them to know that you'll be all grown up and won't need me anymore. I'll wait for you, then you can tell me your new adventures. But please, I beg you Newt, don't try to join me and the others up here. I will be heartbroken if you'd do that.
Tell the others I love them very much and all of you are the only family I need in my life. I love you, very much Newt. Take care of everyone and yourself. I'll be with you all the way, I promise.