Chapter 16 "Love you Winston..."

⚠️Mention of gunshot!⚠️

As the morning rose you were still deep asleep. You hadn't sleept that good in a while. The debris you had sleept under gav enough all shadow from the hot sun. Thomas slowly opened his eyes, squinting at the light. A crow was picking on something in one of the bags.
"Ey, ey get out of here!" He yelled as he flapped his arms around for it to fly away. This caused everyone to wake up except you. Being in a maze with boys who could spend half the night singing or getting drunk made you used to loud noises while sleeping so you didn't even budge.
Newt opened his eyes at the sound of Thomas telling the crowd of. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Was this the moste comfortable he'd slept. No. But just as he was gonna sit up he remembered you, looking down he saw you hugging his waist, deep asleep. Newt looked around for cranks.
"Are they gone?" He asked, sitting up a littel. Thomas nodded, jealousy high inside him at the sight of you asleep by Newt.
"You should wake her up." Minho sat up rubbing his eyes tiredly.
"You want me bloody dead or what?" Newt looked at Minho. Since you had a tendency to when getting woken up, literally wake up an choose violence, Newt didn't want to wake you. He had gotten some good wacks over the head or in the shoulder back in the glade.
"Well get used to it, you're the one who's gonna end up marrying her either way." Minho simply stated, Frypan chuckled while Newt bit the inside of his mouth in embarrassment. Thomas and Teresa looked at each other before Teresa couldn't help but giggle a littel.
"Fine, I'll wake her for you loverboy!" Minho stood. "But if I get wacked, I'll blame you."
Minho sat down and shook you a littel. Newt sitting back to make sure not to get wacked. As if you had a seventh sense you kicked him in the side enough for him to let out a grunt. But like nothing had happend you hugged Newt tighter and almost fell right back to sleep, forgetting you were asleep practically on top of Newt.
Minho rubbed his side where you had kicked him.
"Alright, I'll try." Newt sighed, preparing on getting slapped or wacked over the head. Mingo crossed his arms as he was waiting for you to wack Newt too.
"Hey love," Newt carefully shook you. "Yiu have enough wake up, we gotta go." A slight mumbling could be heard, being a bit blocked out from you having your face buried in his chest.
Your eyes fluttered open, squinting at the light. You then remembered your were hugging Newt and having your head on his chest and shot up. Your sudden action made Newt and the others look at you. Your face was a deep shade of crimson.
"How can he wake you without getting kicked or whatever?!" Minho exclaimed. He noticed the redness of your face and smirked before going to pack up his bag. You felt a hand on your arm and turned.
"Did you sleep well?" Newt tilted his head slightly. You gave him a smile and nodded the redness of your face going down. But Newt on the other hand could barely hold back the smile wanting to creep onto his face. But he contained it.
"Alright let's pack up and get going." Thomas instructed. You took up your bag that Newt seemed to have used as a pillow. Stretching as you stood up. A loud grunt came from your left. Out if last night's event you tuned quickly only to see Winston holding where he got hurt. He looked pale and you saw him clenching his jaw in pain.
"Hey..., you okey man?" Frypan held out a hand for Winston and helped him stand up.
You swung the backpack on and made sure the straps were good for walking.

Climbing up all the debris with sand covering the ground, you already hated this. You keept a good eye out for Winston in the process as he didn't look to good in your eyes. Getting to the top of the debris you saw Thomas and minhi just standing. They looked over buildings. Destroyed buildings that seemed like they could collapse at any point. Then there was the sand, all that bloody sand covering every square inch of the ground. You sighed at the sight in front of you. You knew that your shoes would be filled with sand. Buy the fear of cranks being by that place made you worry.
"Looks like we'll get some training done." Frypan said sarcastically. You all glanced at him. He shrugged and didn't say anything else.
Walking in the middle of the destroyed building. It intrigued you on what had happened to the people living there, you guessed the flare but there ha dto be more than everyone at W.C.K.D. Everyone who had survived the virus could bot be at W.C.K.D not every living human being could fit there.
The hot sun burned on your back, all the others were walking with their jackets on but you stopped. Causing Aris to stop to and just look at you but he continued when he saw you were taking of your jacket and tie it around your waits. You then ran up to the front of the group stopping by Teresa and walking with her. She smiled ever so slightly at you, you returning the smile.
"What the hell happened here?" Frypan asked as he looked around the place.
"I don't know but it doesn't look like anynbody's been here in a long time." Newt replied.
"Hope the while world isn't like this!" Aris said from the back.
"Hope not." You told him telepathically, him giving you a hum in response. You keept wlaking until you and Thomas heard something.
"Wait, stop!" You imminently stopped and turned to Thomas, everyone doing the same. You listened closely.
"You hear that?" He asked, everyone looked confused. But you looked at him and nodded slightly as you heard something in the air. The noise got louder and louder signaling it came closer.
"Everybody hide, hide!!" Thomas yelled as you all ran under a pice of debris that should cover you all up.
A plane then flew over the abandoned city. It was loud and made the sand around all of you fly around. As it flew by you watched it carefully. Maming sure bot to get caught.
"They won't stop looking until they find us..." Minho broke the silence when the plane had flown by.
"Yeah..." Frypan said slowly. You sighed loudly, making the others raise their brows at you.
"Let's go before they get back here." Newt started to climb out of hiding and so did the rest of you.