Chapter 4 ''The Maze''

The day was going slow for Newt. You hadn't really talked since yesterday and erlier this morning you had been asked by Alby to come with him and Minho. They were gonna look up a dead griever. With you not joking around and making time fly made Newt go insane, also the fact that you were in the maze scared him more. Feeling bad for what he said the other day.

You on the other hand had talked to Minho before going into the maze. Excusing how you reacted. You had decided to not hold any gruge anginst Thomas as he like everyone else couldn't remember before the maze. You didn't have time to talk to Newt before leaving but decided to talk to him later when you came back.

"I don't understand, why did Alby and (y/n) go into the maze? I mean they're not runner's."
"Things are diffrent now, they went to look at a dead griever before sun down. Are you gonna help?" Newt said a bit annoyed by all the questions.
"Okey so their gonna go back-" "Look Alby knows what he's doing, alright? He's better than any of us." Thomas understood a littel why Alby went in the maze but not you. Chuck had taken care of Noot who hadn't left you since yesterday. Thomas fiddled with his finger before once again asking a question.
"What dose that mean?" Newt stopped what he was doing and sighed.
"Alright its like you heard ya. Every month the box sends up with a new arrival. But someone had to be first right? Someone had to spend a whole month in the glade alone." He paused. "And that was Alby. I mean it can't have been easy. But once the boys started come up one after another he saw the truth and he learnt that the most important thing is that we all have each other. Cause we all are in this together!"

Thomas stood up and started to work for some time before remembering. You, you also went into the maze.
"Why did (y/n) go in?"
"It's quite obvious, she's the smartest and fastes of us all." Zart stood up and looked at Thomas.
"Yeah, she's smarter than she makes herself look. She also knows more about the maze more than us." When Newt realized what he said he stopepd in his tracks.
"You gonna have to tell him, she won't do it herself!" Chuck continued to paly with the littel lizard of yours.
"She's from another maze okey. She was there for three month before getting moved here." Thomas was just about to ask more when he was interrupted by some of the other boys screamed happily.

"Look who's back from her adventures!" Turning around they saw you running up to them.
"(y/n)!" Chuck ran up to you and gave you an light hug. You were out of breath from taking the wrong way in the maze and having to go back.
"Where's the other's?" Newt furrowed his eyebrows, walking up to you.
"Alby told me to go back, I don't know why." You still felt bad for your reaction yesterday and didn't really know what you should say. "Hey Newt!"
"Um yea?"
"Sorry for yesterday you know..." Thomas, Chuck and Zart was confused to say the least. They decided to leave to two of you alone and walked away.

"I... how the fuck do I say this?" You weren't the best at expressing yourself.
"Language." Newt couldn't help but smile, he always corrected you if you said a curse word.
"I know he probably isn't the same he was before the maze, well none of us probably aren't. But I shouldn't have judged him out of a dream." You were a bit embarrassed since you never admitted your defeat or that you were wrong. The only reason you decided to not think about it anymore was because you knew all of you needed each other in this.
Newt smiled a radiant smile. He held out his arms and you knew he wanted a hug. You happily hugged him and he swayed back and forth. He would usally get flustered if the other boys saw the two of you interact like this but now he couldn't care less. He was ready for the teasing of the other boys when you weren't around. It already being a daily routine for him to be through now.

Hours later:
You stood in front of the maze. Waiting for Minho and Alby to get back. All the boys and you looked worried at the doors as they satarted to close slowly.
"Come on guys, can't we send someone after them?" You wanted to run in, but knew you'd get punished.
"We can't it's against the rules, either they make it back or they don't." You looked over at Gally and Thomas. You saw Thomas thinking and almost knew what he wanted to do.
"Can't risk losing anyone else." Newt simply stated. A strong wind of air blew in everyone's faces. Anxiously fiddling with your fingers. Newt noticed and besides himself being worried he discretly grabbed you hand stopping you from fiddling. Not looking away from the maze.

The maze doors closed faster. Until you suddenly heard a groan echoing through the walls. You then saw something in the far distance.
"Look there!" Thomas pointed into the maze.
"W-Wait there's something wrong..." You squinted to see and saw Minho dragging Alby. The doors started to close in on each other.
"COME ON MINHO YOU CAN DO IT!" Chuck screamed on top of his lungs, all the boys joining in. You looked at Thomas and saw him looking at you. You knew that the both of you had the same idea. Nooding carefully at him you turned back to the maze, the yelling of all the boys filling your ears.

As the maze was about six feet from closing you took off into the maze. The boys getting shocked and screamed at you to come back.
"NO (y/n)!" Gally and Newt tried to grab you but you were already in the opening running for dear life.
Falling to your knees you saw the maze doors close. Before you knew it Thomas pushed himself through the big doors almost getting crushed to death.
He fell forward and the doors closed with a big thud.

"Good job, you guys just killed yourself." Minho breathed heavily from carrying Alby who were almost dubble his size. Taking in a deep breath you knew exactly what you gave yourself into.

Minho and Thomas argued about what to do. Alby being stung didn't make it any better either.
You had gotten Alby up the vines when Minho had ran away from you and Thomas. You knew surviving in the maze was close to impossible but you also knew it wasn't completely impossible.

A loud screeching came from not far away from you and Thomas. 
"Holy fucking shit!" You cussed not caring about language. "I forgot how scary this shit is!"
Thomas looked around and saw a space by the vines.
"Here!" He grabbed your arm, dragging you in the space with him. Even though you didn't fully trust him because of your dream, you wanted to see if he was diffrent.
The small space made the two of you stand chest to chest. Still being out of air from lifting Alby in the vins you breathed heavily. Hearing the grievers not being far away you got more stressed from old memories with them.

Noticing your worried and stressed state, Thomas put an arm on your shoulder and looked down at you.
"You good?" He quietly asked.
"Bad past with the maze..." Thomas understood that it was something like that but what he didn't understand was why you ran in if you had a bad past with the maze.
The loud steps of grievers came closer and as you couldn't calm down Thomas proceeded to put his hand over your mouth to cover you loud breath. Out of stress you grabbed his arm, holding on tight. Thomas didn't say anything about it, still keeping an eye on the griever closing in on you guys.

You knew that this night wasn't gonna be calm and nice. No, time to go back to old times and run the maze. But not only run it, this time running away from grievers. So time to prepare for running. The night wasn't going to be easy...