Chapter 17 "I just want them here"

Aris walked in the hide out you had found, some planks in hand. He threw them on the fire you all sat around. You sat close to Teresa who were laying down, fiddling with her long black hair. She didn't mind it at all.
"I thought we were supposed to be immune?..." Minho claimed.
"Not all of us,... I guess." Teresa said softly, looking at the fire and then just glancing over at you still fiddling with her hair.
"If Winston could get infected we should assume so could the rest of us." Newt had a hard time to get it out. You stopped fiddling with Teresa's hair and just sat there. Looking at the fire. You looked over to see Frypan have tears falling down his face, Thomas had glossy eyes.
"I never thought I'd say it but... I miss the glade..." Frypan announced. At this you couldn't help but remember all the good times you'd had with them there. Even though you were stuck in there you still usually had a great time. Now you were running from W.C.K.D and had almost no idea how long it would take coming to the right arm. As fast as you could you scurried to your feet and quickly walked outside. They all looked at you confused as if they had said something wrong. Newt and Thomas both had the same thought and stood up. They glanced at each other, Newt sending Thomas a questioning look before they both walked out.

You sat on a pice of debris laying on the ground, looking up at the sky. They shot echoed other questioning glances as they as quietly as possible walked over to you. Stopping when they heard you talk.
"Look Gal, I'm out that stupid maze..." You laughed a littel, in pain." We are on our way somewhere safe, but it doesn't feel right without you here.." They heard your voice crack.
"(y/n)? Hey you okey?" Thomas asked carefully. You tuned and looked at the two boys. Tears filling your eyes.
"Love, we all miss them..." Newt walked up beside Thomas. You stood up, crossing your arms over your chest and looking at the ground. The two of them didn't pressure you to anything.
"Just tell us what you need and we'll help you." Thomas made you look up. Your eyes were red from the tears falling down your face and dipping from your chin onto your shirt. You chuckled a littel as you wiped your tears. Thomas and Newt looking at you confused. It broke Newt to see you like this, Thomas felt bad blaming himself for this.
"What I need is Gally to just hug me like there's no tomorrow, Chuck to make me do something fun like messing around with the others and Winston to just be entertaining me." You all were quiet.
"But I can't get that because they're all dead..." You shrugged. Just as Newt was gonna go to hug you Thoma did.
He wrapped his arms around you, his arms resting over your shoulders. You just stood there and leaned your head on his chest. Tears staining his shirt. He didn't say anything and just hugged you. But he felt someone glaring a hole in the back of his head. Lifting his head he turned to see Newt standing there. A sign reading 'jealousy' covering his face. Thomas then remembered what Minho told him at W.C.K.D and the other night when you and Newt had fallen asleep.
"If you consider Newt a good friend then you let him have (y/n)."
"They've both been through enough, please don't ruin what they have..."
The small sobs that you let out took Thomas back to reality. He looked over at Newt and motioned with his head for him to come over. Newt hesitated but approached you. Thomas tapped you, you raised you head as Thomas released you from his hug. You looked over to the side to see Newt looking at you with a hurt expression in his eyes but a small smile. Newt tilted his head at you, holding his arms out for you. You didn't hesitate to run into Newt's arms and wrap your arms around his torsos. You buried your head in his chest.

Thomas smiled a littel at the sight of you and Newt. He knew he didn't have a chance. He also didn't want to destroy something so wholesome.
Newt rubbed you back, swaying back and forth. Knowing exactly how to comfort you. He lifted his head from your neck and looked at Thomas, giving him a smile. Thomas smiled a littel. You shoulders shook with every sob you let out.
"I just want them here." Your voice cracked at the sob leaving your throat taste you tired to hide as you spoke.
"Shhh... I miss them too love" Newt soothed you. Thomas took this as his cue to leave, walking back to the others. Newt leaned his back back so he could see your face. You had started to calm down. He leaned back in and hugged you, stroking your hair.
"Anything else bothering you more than that?" Newt wispered as he hugged you. You nodded against his neck, as you had buried yours left into his neck. Small tears running down your face onto his shoulder.
"It's just-... escaping.., and my night terrors are back." You mumbled, just high enough for Newt to hear you.
"What are they about this time?" He let go of the hug and wiped your tears. Holding your face in his hands.
"Same as last time..." Newt averted his eyes from yours, feeling a bit bad about it.
"Hey," He put his hand under your chin, lifting it for you to make eye contact. "You're the reason why I'm still here, I still have a heart beat and still breathing."
You smiled a littel as you started to calm down.
"You're the reason why I would never do that again." Newt took you in for another hug, but this time you put your ear to his chest, listening to the beat of his heart.

As you and Newt had talked a littel you then felt you wanted Minho to come out as well. He was one of your closest friends and you just wanted dome time with Newt and Minho alone.
"Do you think Minho can come?" You looked over at Newt who sat next to you on the ground where you had been sitting erlier.
"Of course," Newt turned. "Minho, come here!" He yelled.
Minho who were sitting with the others was confused as to what Newt wanted. He stood up an don his way out he stopped by Frypan and put a hand don his shoulder.
When he cam eout and saw you and Newt sitting on the ground he walked over to you.
"Something wrong?" Minho asked tiredly but in a soft tone. You patted the spot next to you, opposite side if where Newt sat. He sat down and gave you a confused look.
"Can I get a hug?" You asked looking over at Minho. He nodded and hugged you. Newt smiled, even if he wouldn't admit he liked you, he could never get jealous of you and Minho. Newt knew full on well that Minho respected what he felt even if he hadn't said it out a loud.
You all sat for a while without saying a word. When you glanced at the two you saw their eyes were glossy. Newt nor Minho were once to cry. You put your arms over their shoulders and put their heads on your shoulders.
You felt something damp on both of your shoulder, making you panic.
"No, no, no! Don't cry you'll make me cry shuck heads." You frantically said as the two let out some chuckles. Interlacing your fingers with their hands you sat there. Just the three of you like before.

When you, Minho and Newt had been sitting for a while you all decided to go back to try and sleep. Everyone looked at you three when you walked dinto the shelter. Before walking over to where you were sleeping you went up to Frypan and hugged him tightly.
"He's good now Fry..." You wispered to him. He let go and smiled at you.
You walked past the others over to your place right next to Teresa. Sitting down you took your bag and tried to make it as comfortable of a pillow you could.
"You good?" Teresa asked as you laid down on your side so you were facing her, her laying on her back.
"It's better." You smiled at her.
"Ww should try and get some rest so we hav energy tomorrow." Newt declared to everyone. All of you agreed.
"Night love." Newt leaned over and gave you a forehead kiss as you got comfortable next to Teresa. She turned to her side so she was facing you and gave you a small smirk before laying back in her back closing her eyes. It had gotten normal now for you with all the forehead kisses that Newt gave you. It made your stomach erupt into butterflies, but it was like everytime he was just near you before you sleept now no night terrors came.
You starred at the 'roof' you had over your head before slowly drifting to sleep.

A/N:
A shorter chapter but oh well. :)
To clear things up, the night terrors talked about in an erlier chapter that Y/N had for some month back in the glade are the dreams that has come back. It is also what made you and Newt closer, can you guess what the incident and the night terrors are about?