Chapter 18 "You guys look like shit."

Your body was shaking furiously, you stared at the ground in front of you as you sat outside the med-jack. Hugging your knees to your chest as you rocked yourself back and forth in attempt of calming yourself. But no matter how hard you tried it wouldn't work. Minho who were standing against a tree in front of you tapped his foot in the ground out of inpatients.
You had just witnessed the most horrific thing you remembered. The dirty blond boy you had gotten close friend with had just jumped. Newt had jumped of the wall...

As your breathing started to hitch Minho looked over at you. He hadn't witnessed the fall, only seen you frantically running over to him on the verge of tears.
He kneeled down in front of you. Taking your shaking hands in his.
"Hey, hey! Calm down beanie, he's good. He's still alive." Minho tried. As it didn't help and you had a harder time to breathe you banged your head on the wall to the hut. This caused Jeff come out. As he did he saw you sitting on the ground, tears falling from your e/c eyes while you banged your head on the wall. Minho trying to sooth you.
"What's wrong?" Jeff asked as he sat next to Minho. You hadn't told him or anyone more than Minho about the jump, just that you found Newt like that.
"Ehmm... just a panic attack, she just got it out of nowhere!" Minho came up with it all.
"I- I ... ca-can't b... bre-...ath!" You cried out for the two boys. Gripping Minhos arm.
"Shh... just try and breath in your nose as deeply as you can with me." Minho started to breath through his nose, you breathing in as deeply you can too.
"Good." He tries to smile, no matter the situation.
Minho continues to guide you through your breathing until it starts to calm down. Jeff sitting beside you rubbing your back.

As you finally can breath properly you fall forward into Minhos arms due to the exhaustion. He hugs you closely, knowing it was a panic attack but also a great amount of fear that had taken over your mind due to what you had seen. Clint then came out the med-jack to see Minho and you hugging on the ground as Jeff continued to rub up and down your back in a comforting manner.
"He's fine, just a broken bone. But I think you should look for another runner to Minho.." Clint told, Minho nodded as he let you go. You scrambled to your feet upon hearing Newt really was alive.
"Can... can I see him?" You keept yourself together as good as possible. Clint and Jeff looked at Minho, like he was your dad that they had to ask for permission. Minho though for a second before slowly nodding.
"Sure. Do you wanna be alone?" Jeff asked. You nodded while entering the med-jack.

Newt who were laying in one of the beds in the hut just stared at the ceiling. He was still alive. He then heard some shuffling. He turned his head to see who it was. In the opening to the hut you stood, you didn't look at all happy like you used to.
"Hey... emm (y/n)." Newt said awkwardly, not knowing you saw it all. You had a bit of irritated look on your face while blinking, in reality you tried to hold in your tears.
"Why'd you do it?" You asked with a broken voice. Newt's face dropped when he understood what you were referring to.
"I-..." He tried, you walked over and sat on the ground next to the bed.
"Because the feeling of not remembering your past, the possible family waiting for you outside these walls? Being stuck in here for... I don't know how long?" You questioned as a tear slid down your cheek.
"Who knows?" He questioned. You brushed away some of his dirty blond locks that fell in his face.
"Me and Minho, I didn't tell the others. That's your choice." You simply replied. He nodded, laying back on the bed once again. Closing his eyes.

When he had fallen asleep you let more tears fall. If Clint told Minho go get a new runner then that meant Newt probably wouldn't be a runner anymore.
You wiped your tears, and smiled a littel at Newt's sleeping form. You had only been in the glade for about a month, you had gotten to know Newt and Minho well during this time. So you considered Newt close.
You sighed as you rested your head at the edge of the bed, holding Newt's hand just in reassurance he was there.'