Chapter 10 "My other half..."

You ran to the front where Thomas, Minho and Teresa were as you were running through the iner section of the maze. Starting to come closer to the outer sections of the maze. You had decided to run in the front as you wanted to be for yourself, still feeling heavy hearted over Gally not coming with you. Newt understood completely, he knew you had hoped for him to come with you.
As you catched up to the others you got greated by Teresa but just continued running further forward. Thomas and Minho gave each other some looks of confusion as you took Thomas place in the front and ran far ahead of them, for yourself.
"(y/n)! Slow down!" Thomas yelled for you, grabbing your attention.
"Sorry!" You stopped and let them catch up to you. Minho gave you a frown as you started to run beside them again. You only looked at him without reacting.

Passing the blades you knew it was close. The feeling of something familiar with the section made you almost stop to take a look at your surrounding. But you let the feeling go, preparing for probably fight a griever.
As you got to the where the exit was you all stopped around the corner. Taking some deep breaths to calm yourself from the rising anxiety inside of you.
"Is there a griever?" Chuck asked as Thomas turned back from looking around the corner.
"Yeah." Thomas breathed. You and Teresa started to put your hairs up in ponytails to get it out your face.
"You take this Chuck! Stay behind us." Minho handed Chuck the metal cylinder, Chuck letting out a shaky breath. Newt walked up behind you and put a hand on your shoulder. You turned and gave him a reassuring smile, he nodded at you.
"It's okey, just stick with us!" Teresa smiled lightly at Chuck and you gav her a confident smile.
"Once we're through it'll activate and the door will open. Alright we'll stay close, we'll stick together, we'll get though this. We get out now or we die trying!" You all listened and prepared. You got out the dagger and held it firmly as the others were taking out weapons.
"Let's go!" Thomas yelled and all the boy erupted into yells.

The griever watching over the exit started to charge at you guys as you ran towards it. The sadness you had felt over Gally not coming now turned into rage as you ran toward the griever attacking it. Dodging it's tail as it tried to hit you guys down. It was focus on a new level for you. Taking all of your emotions put on the griever surprisingly relived you.
Turning you saw Teresa getting Chuck up from almost falling down with the key. You turned back and watched as the first griever fell down the abyss. Thinking it was over. When two other emerged you sighed in annoyance.
"You boys take care of those!" You ordered as Teresa and Chuck ran over to you. The guys nodded and started to fight off the grievers.

As the walls slowly opened when you stopped in front of them. They opened slowly, your patience running low.
"Come on!" You yelled as it was sopen enough for you to run though without having to wait. You ran for dear life, stopping and looking back at the boys to see them still fighting of the grievers.
"There got to be a way out!" Teresa shouted as her and Chuck banged on the door, trying to understand how to open it up. The screams and yells from the guys was har to block out but you tired as best as you could.
A sudden light of red lit up a screen on the door. Numbers counting down from eight to one.  You looked at it and then at Teresa.
"Thomas! There's a code, eight numbers!" She ran over so she didn't have enough shout. You got an idea and told Chuck to just stay running up to Teresa.
"Minho! MINHO!" You demand him for attention.
"Yeah?!"
"What's the sequence?!" He turned and gave you an confused expression for a split second.
"The sequence of the sections!?" Thomas shouted at Minho, catching on to your idea.
"71526483!" Minho yelled between breaths. Teresa put in the code rapidly. As soon as it was put in the screen went black for a second before turning green.
The guys is fighting of the grievers but just as the screen turned green and the word 'complete' read on the screen the three walls started to close. Two of the grievers got closed out but the third on wasn't.
It charged at you all and just then Thomas threw a one of the wooden spews spear at it. The griever stopped and just as it got ready the last wall closed down on it. Everyone cheered, only for the daylight that was left before sun down to get closed away by another door like thing behind you.