Chapter 36 "Never letting go"

The ocean gave of chilly breezes. Fires were lit everywhere, people enjoying their time. Celebrating the once they've lost. Name after name got engraved on the stone Vince announced to everyone that died. The boys were unsure to put your name on it. None of them did, not even Newt. They were now after some celebrating for the safe haven and the once they lost, all sitting by the fire. They were to tell about someone they lost or some friends. Brenda had told about her brother George. Frypan about Winston and some of the other kids had told about their friends and families they've lost.
Newt swirled his drink around in the cup as he glanced over to the stone filled with names. One of the kids they'd saved were telling about a friend. But Newt was more focused on the stone. Brenda who were sitting next to Newt put an hand on his shoulder in concern.
"Maybe you'd be at peace with yourself by putting her name there." She wispered softly to him. Newt looked down at his drink.
"I don't feel ready to." He simply told her and took a sip. Sure he'd been celebrating and been having fun. But he'd still just gotten to know you died, the same morning to be exact.
"I think I have something you should have." Aris held out his hand for Newt. In it sat littel Noot. Newt looked at the lizard and took it from Aris. Giving him a smile, he didn't understand how Aris could just be so 'okey' with it all. The littel lizard started to climb around and up Newt's arm. He smiled at the littel creature. Brenda then got and idea and held up her hand, showing Vince she wanted to say something as the kid was done telling about it's friends. Vince looked at Brenda.
"Brenda, is there something?" Vince asked her confused.
"I think Newt have someone to tell about!" Brenda smiled. Newt looked up wide eyed as he understood she ment about you.
"Okey, so tell us about this person!" Vince said and sat down. Knowing who it was too.
"Well-..." Newt sighed. "Her name was (y/n), there was this one time back in the maze.."

He tells about this:
It was a hot day in the glade. No one had any strength to work. Not even Minho and any other runners even went into the maze. We all just hoped for a breeze to hit the glade. I'd taken of my long-sleeve, it was just to hot outside. Noting like how it used to be like. Minho laid in his hammock, mumbling thing that was hard to hear.
"Make it stop!" Minho complained while lifting his head up.
"Shut up you ugly shank!" Gally yelled at him. I laughed a littel. Some of the boys were laying in the middle of the glade in the grass just chilling. I then turned to Minho.
"Have you seen (y/n)?" I asked him. He groaned and sat up.
"No lover boy, not since breakfast. She took off and said she was gonna find a good place away from the sun." He told me. I sighed. I watched around to see if I could find her (h/c) heap of hair somewhere in the glade. But no luck. As I looked around I saw some of the boys sitting by the water tap, calling down every once in a while. I then looked over the glade once more just to be sure and that's when I saw her. Making her way over.

"Hey, are the two of you dying?" She joked as she reached us. I shook my head ad smiled.
"Yeah, you can feed me to the grivers once I'm dead." Minho said sarcastically. She laughed and I couldn't help but smile more at the cute laugh she had.
"Well what about you Newtie?" She turned to me.
"I live but cooling down wouldn't hurt."
"I know where there's no sun and actually quite chilly, the two of you wanna come?" She smiled and looked at me. Minho mumbled a no, saying something that he's to tired to even move. She rolled her eyes and turned back to me, raising an eyebrow at me.
"Sure!" With that she grabbed my hand and dragged me out from the shadows, out in the hot sun. We walked across the whole glade. There was not alot of noise taht was from any if the gladers. Only some insects and birds here and there. We came up to one of the walls. I was confused to say the least. But that's when I saw a small space in the wall. Where it was shadow. She epuleld me to it. Letting go she sat down and went in behind the vines that covered it. I followed after her. It was nice and cool. I sat myself against the wall and felt how cold and nice it was.
"This is where you've been all day, huh?" I cocked and eyebrow at her and smiled. She nodded.
"Now, what do you wanna do?" She asked. I looked at her confused.
"Do what?"
"Well I kinda to the chessboard, some cards and books from Alby's hut erlier to entertain myself while sitting here." She turned and in an space behind her that was like a littel shelf she took out a chessboard, a stack of cards and three books. I grinned at her and grabbed the chessboard. Staring to put up the chess pieces, (y/n) doing the same. She was the black pieces I was white.