Chapter 14 "Escape"

Newt was pacing around the room as you were waiting for Thomas. You bounced your leg out of frustration of how long it took. All the others sat on the bottom bunks, waiting. That was when the lock to the vent flew over the floor.
"Thomas!" Frypan yelled. Thomas came crawling out the vent and out from under the bed quickly.
"We gotta go..." You heard Thomas quietly say as he seemed stressed. You stood from your place walking over.
"What do you mean we gotta go?" Newt asked as Thomas ran to the door and looked at it before starting to take the mattress of one of the beds out.
"They are coming for us!" Thomas ran up to the door and used a blanket to tie the door closed. You were confused to say the least.
"Aris what happened?!" Frypan yelled making your attention go between your brother an dthomas the whole time. Newt and the others tried to get Thomas to calm down. He said things about a she being alive. You walked up to them and looked confused, before Thomas snapped making you jump.
"IT'S W.C.K.D! It's always been W.C.K.D..." He took up the mattress and threw it ove rteh door to cover it up.
"Thomas! What did you see?" Newt put a hand don the wall beside Thomas, grabbing his attention. He told you all what he had seen and heard. It was all a lot to take in. You all started to help making sure Janson ans his guards would get a challenge coming inside. Turning tables over and putting them as stops to give you more time. But you felt that they would know you'd go to Teresa.
"Hey!" You demand for attention. "If we want to have enough time to find Teresa then we should go. Janson isn't to dumb not to realize we are going for her."
They all looked between each other.
"(y/n)s right!" Thomas ran towards the vent, giving you a quick pat on the shoulder.
"Aris go first, you know the way!" Thomas instructed as Aris climbed into the vent again.
"(y/n) is quick, she should go next." Newt walked over with the other. You nodded, Newt without thinking giving up a forehead kiss. You wanted to hug him but knew that you didn't have time.

Cralwing as fast as you possible you keept close to Aris. You heard the grunts and complains from the other boys as they were close after you. When Minho happend to crawl to fast into uoi you kicked him, not to hard, in the chest. Causing him cough and curse at you.
Thomas had then taken the fist place and lead you through vents. You got to a stop where Thomas removed the cover and walked out the vent. You stood and waited as he looked around for a clar coast.
"Come one, come on!" He waved for you to run out, you all ran out one after another.
Let's go! Let's go!" You were about to start running when Aris stopped you from it.
"You guys go ahead, there's something I gotta do!" You all ran up to him. "You wanna get out of here, right? Just go!"
Winston went with Aris, when they had gone into the vents again you started running.
"You trust thus kid?" Minho yelled. You knew it would take a while for him to trust Aris.
"Trust me, you don't wanna know where we would be without hi- gahh!" You all stopped as you rounded a corner due to Thomas stopping and running into a doctor. She looked you all over. A questioning look on his face.
"What are you kids doing out?" Just as she asked a alarm went of and some yellow-orange lights started to light.
Thomas grabbed the woman by the arm. And she started to lead you to where Teresa was. You walked behind everyone, keeping an eye behind you.

Starting to run as you heard voices echo nor far from where you were. You ran up I the front with Newt and Frypan running right behind you. Turning another corner you get caught off guard, a man standing not far down the corridor with a gun in hand. You stopped the guys crashing into your back and looking at the man.
"Shit now we're getting shot at!" Frypan exclaimed as you ducked the shots getting fired by the man. Running back the same way you came, Minho stopped and turned.
"Minho?! What are you doing?" You all yelled.
He turned and looked at you before charging and started to sprint. As the man emerged from the corner Minho kicked him in the chest and causing him to hit his head in the wall and getting knocked out cold. Running up to Minho you were surprised by his action but you thought it was cool.
"Shit Minho..." Newt breathed as you stopped beside Minho, looking at the man knocked out. You nudged Minho's side, him turning to you. You gave him an amazed look and he grinned.
Thomas picked up the gun and looked to see if there was any ammunition.
"Alright let's go!" Thomas grabbed the doctor and you all started running.

Getting to a door you all stopped. Thomas pushed duplicate the doctor to the door and held th gun to her back. Opening the door so she was only visible you heard some questioning remarks from other doctors.
You all then barged through the door. Thomas pointing the gun at the doctors.
"Where is she? WHERE IS SHE?!" He questioned two times, on of the doctors glancing to the covered up part of the room. Giving the gun to Minhi who forced all doctors on their knees as Newt tied their hands.
"Guys! There coming!" Frypan looked out the door, you right beside him.
"Fry help me with this!" Newt anf Frypan flipped the table over. Covering the door.
You ran up to Teresa as she stood up and hugged her. She hugged you back. You let go when the boys start asking what to do to get put as Janson and the guards tried to get in. You looked around and then went up to the window in the room. Knocking on the glass, smirking and grabbing everyone's attention. Thomas understood what you were onto.
"Newt help me with this!" Thomas takes up a chair, Newt doing the same. They count to three, hitting the glass hard with the chairs making it break.
Thomas and Newt jumped through the window to the other side. Thomas helped Teresa while you jumped over in one swift motion. Landing steadily, Newt feeling a littel dumb as he forgot you liked to do it yourself, wanting to help you like Thomas helped Teresa.

The only thing circulating in tour mind right now was why? Why do you always have to be running. The worry for Aris and Winston also stood high in your mind as you ran through corridor after corridor. They could get caught.
After some more running you recognized it, it was the way you had been coming in through.
"There it is!" Thomas exclaimed hin success as you had gotten to the same door you had come in through. As you got to the door you stopped by bumping into Minho's back, him only glancing at you as you did.
Thomas tried the card on the door, it wouldn't work. You all got frustrated at it bot working.
"Thomas!" You all turned your attention to see Janson. Thomas loaded the gun pointing it to him. Wlaking up to them. He ha djust dropped the card, thus you picked it up and started trying again to open the bloody door.
"Fucking. Work. You. Damn. Door!" You swiped the card between every word you said. This wa she first time you didn't get scolded for using such language.
You could hear Janson and Thomas talking forward and back. Something about that you wouldn't survive the scorch and that you should stay at W.C.K.D. But that was not what you nore the others wanted.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Aris and Winston. You all just stood for a second.
"Hey guys." Aris simply said.
"Well come on then!" Frypan blurted out before running outside the door, standing beside Winston. You didn't hesitate and ran up to Aris, throwing your arms around him in a hug. Newt and the other looked at you guys curiously. Newt feeling a tad bit jealous of the guy.
"Thomas come on let's go!" Newt yelled. You releasing Aris from the hug, turning back to where Thomas was.
He fired a few shots before he suddenly went out of it. Throwing the gun to the floor and starting to run. The door suddenly started to close. All of you screamed for Thomas to run faster.
And to your surprise he got out right in time, sliding under the door as it almost closed. You all helped him stand.
They then turned to you and Aris. Giving you weird looks.
"What was that hug about?" Newt said out of breath.
"We're twins, tell you later." Aris answered quickly. There was a baking on the door, turning you saw Janson looking at you all. Thomas raised his hand an depicted his middle finger at him. You grinned.

Newt grabbed you hand as you started to run, for what felt like the hundred time that hour. Making your way through the facility. Newt held onto your hand tightly, just wanting to really make sure you were with them as they dashed through the big building.
Getting down to the main entrance, the doors started to open. Reveling sand everywhere, getting hit by the wind. This was it, now you get out of this place.