Chapter 2 - Who do you work for?

A banging headache woke you up, eye blinded by the glaring lights. Shooting up out of the surface you lay on, your hands were cuffed, a muzzle over your mouth. Your guitar was nowhere in sight and every weapon on your persons was gone.

"Morning, Maestra," who else but Tony Stark to greet your first. "How's your head?"

Your muffled voice replied mockingly talking endlessly.

"I would get rid of that muzzle but it's a precaution,"

You didn't blame him for that. Sliding your feet off the bed you look around at the cell which was decently sized, a desk, chair and door obviously leading to the bathroom.

"You were here for the Tesseract?" humming a yes for him, you push open the door to peer into a nice bathroom. "There are some clothes in there for you, sorry, I assume you don't like orange?"

You take the clothes and point to the cuffs which unlock and fall from your wrists.

"So, are you a witch or...?-" Tony averted his eyes as you changed in front of him. "There's a bathroom, you know,"

He was met with an indifferent hum from you which was evidently amused.

"There's not much else I can say, is there?" Tony looked back to see you sitting back on the bed, tilting your head and pointing to the muzzle. "Can't trust you, Beethoven,"

You cross over your heart and give an innocent look. After Stark glanced to a camera he sighed and unlocked the muzzle.

"We can noise cancel the cell, so don't try anything,"

"Oh, of course not," you smirk and lay back in the bed, massaging your jaw.

"So, what was the initial plan? Get the Cube... then?"

"None of your business,"

"Who do you work for?"

"Myself,"

"What are you?"

"A goddess," his step back made you smile. "The goddess of music to be specific,"

"And why is a goddess on earth?" he was given no response. "I thought almighty beings were good,"

"You think this after dealing with Loki?" sitting up to face him, you stalk forward. "Gods and goddesses aren't good, we don't care about you petty creatures, we deserve respect and offerings, only some of us have chosen to stoop low and level with you humans,"

Gazing up at the camera you grin wickedly. "Thor, god of Thunder, weakened by his feelings for a simple human who will waste away in a few decades... and Loki the trickster god who continues to fail every scheme unable to live up to standards of a god because of his daddy issues,"

"You've pissed them off already, don't make it worse,"

"Oh, I've done my part, now I just need to sit back and enjoy every retaliation they take out on me,"

~~~

"Step forward, child," a deep voice calls out for you. Rocks floating endlessly around in space as each step you took sounded eerie against the silence of the beyond. When you reached the foot of the throne, your knees fell to the cold surface, eyes stuck to the floor.

"Forgive me, my liege," you mumble in a hoarse plead.

"You have potential, Y/n," the titan rose from his throne on looking the stars. "But you have failed me..."

"I will not fail you again, let me try-"

"Enough," his voice boomed, cutting you off. "Dismiss your mission," your eyes snap up.

"But-" he raised the gauntlet to his lips.

"You have failed the first plan, so here is your new one..." Thanos placed his finger under your chin and lifted you up. "You are to gain their trust, let them allow you onto the team... then you will take the Stone and return,"

"If I do this, will she be safe?"

"You have my word,"

~~~

"Hungry?" a voice caught your attention.

"I could eat... steak? Lucky me," the sautéed vegetables and perfectly cooked meat made you smile. You haven't had food like this for so long.

"So, who do you work for,"

"No one," you cut into the steak which melted in your mouth.

"You're lying,"

"Smart girl," taking another bite, you felt her prying eyes on you, trying to take you apart. There was a long silence of just staring.

"What's your story?"

"That's it isn't it? The villain's backstory, the key to unlocking everything!" Laughing sourly you take a sip of water from the provided bottle.

"Well, is it not?"

"You look for trauma, an event that turned them dark," metal against porcelain tickled at Natasha's ears. "A villain is the hero in their story, sometimes they are in the wrong, but sometimes they are misunderstood,"

"And which are you?"

"Neither," you stand and place the tray back in the slot. "I have a purpose for my actions which don't benefit me,"

"Then who do they benefit?" Natasha let a guard take away the empty tray as your face neared hers.

"A being much higher than you, a being who has something that I care for deeply," your smile turns into an amused scoff. "You would have done anything for Agent Barton when Loki held him captive... think of me as yourself in that situation,"

"A person?"

"Yes, but I've said too much, excuse me," you walk to the bathroom, humming a soft tune which fizzled out like an old vinyl.

~~~

Hehehe

Hehehe

- Anna ❤️