Chapter 28 - White roses

The town was painted pink and red. Atmosphere glossed with love, sex and denial. Mutual pining and enemies to lovers, true fanfic material but this was real life and nothing like that ever happens... without the help of deities.

Heroes walked aimlessly along the street, not knowing what to eat and waiting to jump on a whim. But this was perfect, just exploring the city at this time. Em rested on Peter's back as she ordered him around until she spotted a cart of roses.

"Oh! There!" She climbs off his back and takes your hand. "Hi, sir!"

"Hello, little girl, would you like a rose?" the man smiles down softly.

"Mhm! How much?"

"$3 per rose," Em dug into her small heart shaped bag and took out $10.

"Two please, keep the change!" She scurries back to the group as you thank the man.

"What's brewing in that mind of yours, Em?" Cap chuckles.

"Mm, I want to try out a new thing that I read in a book," the roses turn white as she ran over to two people, both holding a glow to connect them both.

Apparently Em could see if two people were connected or a match for each other. You tried to run after her but Sam held you back.

"Hi, this is for you!" The woman takes the rose with a confused smile. "And for you!" She runs to the man who was watching from afar. Both roses turned red, both met eyes and awkwardly walked up to each other.

"Hi, my name Ashley,"

"Lucas,"

"And I'm amazing," Em giggles, running back to you.

"How did you do that?"

"Secret!"

~~~

Em was having the time of her life. She sped around New York with Pietro doing her job as the rest waved when they caught sight of the two.

You took your guitar out and started to strum once the overwhelming feeling reached it's peak. "Please tell me they'll find private places to carry out the fondue," Cap pleads, hearing the soft tune playing.

"Sorry, big boy, can't stop horny adults," You walk ahead letting the musical notes intoxicate each lover who held a red aura around them. Each person's pupils grew as they landed sight on the desire for the night.

They paid no mind to you, your feet slipping around them. Soon lips melt and your grin grew as bursts of passion tingled at your skin.

"I will never get over that," you sigh out looking at the group who was slightly... overwhelmed. Smirking their way, you send a shock way right at the soldiers.

You saw their jaws clench as they saw a group of three women you knew to be a perfect match. They excused themselves and walked away, passing your smug grin.

"Seems like Cap is going to lose his V-card,"

"He's not a virgin," you hum making Clint gape. "What? You didn't know that? Huh," one more wave was sent out to a group of people in the park before you gave out a satisfied sigh. "Another job well done,"

Just then, Em and Pietro arrive back. "Gross," she scowls.

"Mummy has to do her job too," you pat her head before looking up to see a familiar face; MJ and presumably her mother. "One last job for you to do, Em,"

Em looked to the awkward girl and to Peter who caught sight. "Yes, Ma'am! Petey!"

You watched as Em handed Peter a white flower then dragged you and the boy with her. "H-Hey, MJ," Peter blurts out once they reached the two.

"Oh, hey, loser," MJ holds back a smile.

"Miss Jones, pleasure to meet you," you introduced yourself as Em worked her magic. Behind your back, you slipped some money into Peter's hand. "I'm sure these two would like to get some dinner?"

"W-What?" Peter looks up to you in shock then to his money filled hand. "Uhm, yeah! I-If you want?"

"That would be nice," MJ nods. "Bye, mum," the mother waved her daughter goodbye before smiling at you.

"Thank you,"

"It's no problem, care to join us for dinner?"

"No, no, I wanted to do some shopping, enjoy your night with your husband," she points to Loki who was standing a little bit behind.

"He's not my- No, we aren't-"

"Enjoy!" the woman walks off as Em snickers.

"Quiet down, Em," you warn making her zip her grinning lips. "Hey where did the others go?"

"Bruce asked Natasha if she wanted to join him for ramen and Clint and the speedster ran off to raid the free chocolate samples... which leaves us," he smiles awkwardly as you nod the same.

~~~

"One... two... three!" You and Loki lifted Em off her feet and swung her forward.

"Oh, that looks good, classic beef tacos, right?" you leave the two and walk to the food truck.

"Here you go," Em holds up a white rose to Loki.

"What's this for, princess?"

"Mummy, I know you like her,"

"I do, but your mummy doesn't like me like that," Loki combs back the girl's hair lovingly. "She doesn't like romance, so I can't force her to court me,"

"Why not?" Em huffs in frustration. "She likes you too!"

"You need to let her admit her own feelings, I know it's hard for her, heartbreak is a horrible thing, sweetheart," Loki hands the rose back and kisses the girl's forehead. "Let her take her time, heal and find that hope, without your little devious plans involved,"

Em giggles when Loki pokes her nose. "Fine," You smile softly, paying for the food. Being the goddess of music gave incredible hearing and it was good for times like this.

He cared.

And that meant the world to you.

~~~

*Wiggly eyebrows*

*Wiggly eyebrows*

- Anna ❤️