Chapter 26 - Cramps

"Class, please welcome our newest addition," Every teacher had been told of the little student now roaming the halls and not to panic when she stumbled into a classroom.

"Hi! I'm Emerald!" The little girl waves at the class who gape.

"Emerald here is a little prodigy,"

"Isn't she like 2?" A familiar voice of Flash calls from the back.

"5 actually," you hum, walking into the classroom. "312 to be exact,"

"This is Miss L/n, Emerald's mother, and of course you know Mr Loki, hopefully you don't mind them hanging around,"

The class shakes their head in awe at the two Avengers. "Hi, Petey!"

"Hey, Em," Peter whispers in embarrassment.

"There is a spare spot right here," the teacher points to the empty desks beside Peter.

"Thank you," Em struggles to get on the high chair, but manages with Peter's help.

"Alright, so for a warm up this morning, who wants to solve this?" Chalk dashed across the board until a question stood face to face with the class. Each eye avoided the teacher until Em raised her hand. "Emerald? Want to give this a go?"

"Yes please," she jumps off the chair and rushes over, dragging the teacher's chair with her. She started to scribble numbers down and working out. She stood back but snapped her head to you when you whistled to catch her attention.

"What are the units? Elephants? Apples?" You point to the missing unit.

"Lollipops!" She giggles, putting down the unit.

"Give it up for Emerald," the teacher claps her hands together as the girl runs back to Peter's side.

~~~

"You're cool, kid," MJ high fived Emerald after being introduced. You couldn't help but sniffle at the sight of her having so much fun making new friends and fitting in.

"Handkerchief?" Loki took out a black cloth with his initials embroidered on the edge.

"Fancy prince," you wipe away any drops and hand it back. "Any chance I can take her back?"

"Nope, now come along, the day isn't over yet and I think we've prolonged our welcome," Loki puts a hand on the small of your back before leading you away.

"I'm sure we can just stay, what if she needs help with her bag? Or maybe a question? What if she can't find her class??"

"Y/n, darling, calm yourself, she will be fine," Loki hums softly, opening the car door for you. If he called you darling again- "Besides, while she's gone you will have time to yourself,"

"Too much time to myself," adjusting the mirror you drive away.

~~~

Why was this month worse than every other?? God's this was unbearable and you could tell Em could sense the distress from your room.

"Mummy? Are you ok?" She climbs to your side and peaks under your tussled hair.

"Eve's curse, my sweet," you clutch your abdomen as she nods, rushing out in full nurse mode like she always loved to play as with the other deities.

"Mr Thor, can you get the peppermint tea? And Miss Natasha, can you please get two bars of chocolate?"

"Of course, young one, but whatever for?" Thor helped the little girl brew tea as Nat tossed the chocolate.

"Mummy is in horrible pain because of Eve's curse,"

"Curse??" Loki chokes on his tea as Thor summoned his hammer.

"Brother, get your spell book," Thor looks to Loki who was already doing that.

"Guys, that's-" The gods were already off to your room, ignoring Natasha as Em scampered along with the tray and hot water bottle.

"Who cast this curse on you??" Thor raised Mjolnir as you spun around with a deadly glare.

"GET OUT!" You scream making the gods jump and run out as Em clambered to your side.

"What has caused such behavior?" Thor whispers to Loki who shrugs as Nat passes.

"She's on her period and has bad cramps,"

"Period? As in punctuation?"

Nat chokes on her coffee, looking at the dumbfounded gods. "You don't know what a period is? You know, when blood sheds from a girls vag every month?"

"What?!" Thor gapes in horror. "How is she not dead??"

"Oh dear," Loki looked light headed as Wanda passed with a snicker, leading them to the couches.

~~~

"So once a month the lining sheds and... blood releases for up to 8 days but average on 5?"

"Mhm, and usually cramps are a given, they feel like something is stabbing you over and over again,"

"Or a kick to the balls... but much longer," the gods suck in a breath as the men watch in horror yet amusement. They knew what a period consisted of but the description given to the deities was... vivid.

"What do you do to stop it?" Thor squeaks.

"Usually a hot water bottle to the spot, some tea, chocolate and cuddles, depending on the mood," Wanda winks at Loki who shifts. "But I doubt Y/n is the cuddling type,"

"Mummy is resting," Emerald quips. "And crying," she adds on.

"Does she want cuddles?" Nat bends down to the girl's height.

"She's begging for the gods to take mercy on her soul so... yeah!" Emerald grins widely. "I tried to give her some but I'm not big enough to be big spoon," She grabs the TV remote and turns to Loki.

"Yes, Sunflower?"

"I think Mummy could use your cuddles,"

~~~

Cuddles!

Cuddles!

- Anna ❤️