Chapter 13 - Flash

"Morning, pumpkin,"

Peter trailed in with his glasses on. "Morning, Miss L/n," he smiles to the others. "Hey, guys,"

"I talked to your principal over the phone, you have a free day today so I was thinking we would have a little fun after the talk?" you settle his breakfast in front of him.

"Are you sure?"

"Certain, now eat up, we leave soon," you took a sip of your tea, eyeing Loki who had just entered wearing an all black suit. "Where are you going all dressed up?"

"Escorting you and Peter to make sure no casualties are caused," Loki hummed. "A precaution urged by Stark,"

"I feel so trusted,"

~~~

Checking yourself one last time in the rear view mirror you look to Peter who pulled up his hood. "Ready, sweetheart?"

"Do we have to? I mean, it was just one time..."

"Yes we do, now, man up so we can get this over with and buy you some ice cream,"

He pulled his hoodie down further. "Fine," Loki opened his door and exited to help you out.

"Very princely," you clicked your heels up the stone steps as Peter stood between you and Loki. A few kids gaped at the three of you. With each step you took a deafening power stance was taken to assert dominance and gods did it feel good.

Loki eyed you from the side, watching your lips curve into a smirk as each teen moved out the way for you. His heart pounded against his chest, admiring the accents of green and gold you wore.

He had to admit... you looked ravishing in his colours.

"Peter, yo, dude," a boy ran up to Peter with a confused glance. "Why is Loki with you... and why is a mini version of him next to you??"

"Ned, this is Miss Y/n L/n, she's a new team member... she's here to speak about Flash,"

"Pleasure to meet you, Ned, we will have plenty of time to talk after, come on, Pumpkin," you lead Peter away as Loki placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"The sooner we do this, the sooner it will be over, spiderling," Loki mumbles.

"I'm just Peter here, no spider talk," he pleads to Loki who nods.

~~~

"Imbecile," you growl as Peter looked worriedly at your fuming eyes. "Which one is Flash?"

"Mum, please,"

"Peter, honey, your dumbass of a principal won't do anything drastic, so I have to," pinching his cheek softly you see him nod.

"He's usually around-"

"Penis Parker!" Peter snapped his head to a boy who sauntered up. "How much did you pay to get this woman to act like your mum?"

"She's not... she-"

"Temporary guardian, but more formally, I'm Maestra, newest Avenger,"

"Pfft, yeah right," the boy scoffs. "Still up with that lie, penis?"

"Watch your tongue before I cut it out," Loki finally emerged from the main office with a deadly look.

"M-Mr Loki, sir," Flash was lost for words.

"Let me make this very clear, Flash, you ever... and I mean ever look at Peter the wrong way, call him foul names or even breath near him maliciously I'll make sure each and every nerve in your body bundles up with excruciating pain until you're writhing on the floor crying for some god to take mercy on you," you snarl.

His face paled.

"And let me make this very clear as well, not even the rogue deities will take mercy," you take two ends of a flute from the strap on your leg and click them together. A single note caused the boy's hands to lift, a simple tune coaxing him to walk away zombie like as he looked for help from the others.

"Enough, Y/n," Loki placed a hand on you.

"You're no fun," unclasping the flute you slide it back in its holster and lower you skirt back over it. "Come on, pumpkin,"

"Must you threaten the child like that?" Loki sends a spell over the students to erase the horrible threat from their minds.

"Must you look so good in that suit?" you change the subject quickly.

"Can't go around looking ill-presented,"

~~~

Peter happily ate his ice cream, eyes darting back and forth from the comic book store across the road. In the window was a certain comic he's been looking for for what seems like years!

"Hey, Peter, want to go to that comic bookstore?" You ask after catching his glances. "I see some cool DC comics," you tie your scarf back around your neck and take the boy's hand.

"Sure, sounds good,"

Loki looked at you suspiciously before following, enjoying his chocolate ice cream. You enter the store and smile as Peter looked right at the comic being displayed. "Have a look around,"

As you clicked around the store, Loki slid up next to you. "What are you planning?"

"Do you think I scheme at every given moment?" you felt his hand take a hold of your upper arm.

"With that glint in your eyes, it's not exactly a well hidden secret, my dear,"

"I'm glad you're paying attention to me so intimately, my prince," you curl your finger under his chin before pulling him down. "Do you still see that glint or has it changed?"

"Same look, same trick,"

~~~

:)

- Anna ❤️