Chapter 4 - Lullaby

"Have you gained their trust?"

"It's been two months, witch, tell me you haven't failed yet again,"

Your dark eyes snap up to Ebony maw. "I do not answer to you, elephant," snarling these words with a dropped knee, you stand back up, head still bowed.

"So have you?"

"No, my liege, not enough to make a large move, but I have gained the trust of the spiderling,"

"How long may you need? I don't have all millennia, child," Thanos sighed in disappointment.

"I am uncertain, but please, let me prove I can do this," Thanos nods and shoos you away.

~~~

Twitching at the sound, horrible notes were being sung to the point where you would rather torture. Pacing aimlessly, trying not to scream for help, you give in to your want.

"STARK!" Fist pounding against the glass, funnily in beat with how to song should be sung, the billionaire rushed in.

"What is it??"

"Who ever the hell is singing, tell them to either shut the fuck up, or bring them here right now!" Tony was about to roll his eyes, dismissing your order but instead nods quickly soon bringing in Pietro in a towel.

"I was showering!"

"And causing birds to drop from the sky!" You growl back. "Relax your throat and fix your posture," With a glare he does as told but it wasn't perfect so you sent a wave of notes to correct it themselves.

"How are you-"

"Now, breathe through your belly and sing again,"

It was much better, the words less strained and when you started to clap to the beat it was actually decent.

"I'm glad that's sorted, now carry on," you gesture to the door before laying back on the ground. Pietro tilts his head and shrugs before singing his way out the room.

"How did you do that without your guitar?" Tony looked slightly concerned.

"My guitar helps focus my energy, I'm the goddess of music not guitars,"

"Could you escape if you wanted to?" Tony's head snapped to the cell door opening as you whistled a certain frequency. "Why didn't you do that the first day?"

"Because here I'm safe and cared for,"

"Who do you work for?"

He earned a tongue click. "Can't say, won't say, will never say, because if I do... I risk the leverage being held against me," You could see the soft gaze, the understanding in the playboy's eyes... it was working.

"Alright, Beethoven, have a good day... doing whatever it is you do," Curtly waving him goodbye you close the cell door again before heading into the bathroom and running a bath.

~~~

"It seems the Hulk has come out to play..." a smile curled along your lips as the tower shook with rage.

The chaos you heard from the Avengers entertained you further; it was wonderful because apparently Romanoff had left for a mission.

Speaking of the jolly green, he had just burst down the doors to lay eyes on you. Kicking your feet off the bed you stalk over with a smile until you both stood face to face with a glass to block any contact.

"Evil lady," the monster growls. His fist collides with the glass causing a crack to form over and over with each bang.

"Don't be that way, fall apart twice a day, I just wish you could feel what you say... Show~ never tell, but I know you too well, got a mood that you wish you could sell," Hulk felt his eyes droop, each hit he took out slowly becoming weaker.

As you continued to sing in front of him, the giant slowly fell to his feet, falling deeper into sleep.

Banner was soon revealed, his body shivering. Instinct kicked in as you grabbed your blanket from the bed and opened the cell door, laying it over him just as the other heroes jog in.

"Try not to piss him off again, he's very tired," you walk back into the cell and close the door, turning to face the team who looked confused.

"You really won't escape?"

"What's the point? If I go back to him without the cube he'll kill me and her," Loki watched that monotone face stay strong, a wall built up from certain memories or rather traumas he knew all too well.

"Who is he?"

"Does it matter? It's not like you could make a difference..." before you laid in bed you gave them a smirk. "You're petty humans... the best chance you've got is the beast but even your two god toys won't be able to win against him,"

"We aren't toys, Maestra," Thor growled as Loki held him back.

"Oh but I'd love to ply with you, muscles~"

"Who is he?" The trickster persists.

"It. Doesn't. Matter." you snarl back with growing smile. "And as long as you work with lower beings you will always be toys, so run along to whatever fuck buddy earthling you've managed to wrap around your finger,"

"Don't speak of Jane that way," Thor started to slam against the controls that locked the doors.

"Miss Maestra, please, we can help you," Peter pleads to the point where your eyes softened.

"There's no point, just let me rot here, pumpkin," giving an assuring smile to Peter he fiddles with his sweatshirt.

~~~

What's up?

What's up?

- Anna ❤️