Chapter 19 - Gone

You felt his breathing even out closer and closer the midnight chime neared. Intertwined fingers and face nuzzled into your neck, you couldn't wish for anything more. And you promised to try it for the night, stay with him and decide in the morning before he woke up, if you woke up before then.

Turning to face him, his messy raven hair framed each feature. Soft streetlight from outside glowing against his pale skin, now down from the red tint. You hesitated to give him affection, in case he repulsed at the touch.

But he asked for this. This fluffy lovey dovey and... if you were going to do it, you'd do it properly. Placing a soft kiss on his cheek, a subtle smile formed which only made you mimic the look. He was adorable.

You wanted him to be yours, you wanted to be his but... that was not going to happen.

~~~

The morning sun hit your face first, seeping through the curtains that you closed through the night using the handy buttons on the wall. Loki was still fast asleep, his smile still not faded. He enjoyed this and so did you.

That was the problem... you can't get attached. You can't fall in love because you'll be weak and you need to have Emerald back.

Moving out his loose arms you grab a spare blanket and pillow, sprawling them on the couch as if you had moved there earlier.

Closing the bathroom door behind you after taking a pair of clean clothes, you let the water warm up before moving under to soothe your muscles.

Loki woke up slowly at the noise, his arms stretching out to find you. Realizing you were in the shower he smile that you had stayed all night- then that blanket and pillow on the couch was seen.

His heart dropped as he slung his head back onto the pillows with a scowl. "Idiot," he scolded himself before grabbing his things and trying to look as presentable as possible.

You heard the front door click shut, which meant he was gone.

Feeling the tiles against your forehead you let out a sigh, running a hand through your soaked hair.

Wiping away the fog you looked at your drenched figure, spotting a lack of bruises along your neck. Reminiscence of magic tickling along the skin like butterfly kisses.

"Dammit, Loki," you clench your jaw tight before changing quickly.

~~~

"Morning, Y/n," Peter quips, being the first to greet you.

"Morning, pumpkin, how was dinner last night?"

"It was awesome! There were people dancing and the food was so good!" he chirped happily about the night as you ordered your breakfast. "How was your night?"

"Oh, it was great, had some room service and watched the dancing from the balcony," you hum, avoiding eye contact with Loki like the plague.

"Tonight we leave at 6, everyone needs to be downstairs before that, got it?"

"But Y/n, you will be leaving with Nat in another car because you'll be one of the girls Lopez chooses from,"

"Does she have to be?" Peter whines.

"Sorry, sweetheart, but out of all of us I have the best chance... not to toot my own horn, but I am the hottest one here,"

Peter makes a gaging noise. "Gross,"

"Come on, Sam, back me up here,"

"Oh, you're so hot especially with your Metallica shirt that has a mustard stain on it," the falcon points to his shoulder making you look to your own.

"Boo, I'm still sexy as shit," you wink mockingly at him.

~~~

"Who in all nine realms allowed me to look this good??" you open your arms and show off your dress to the awaiting group. The dress hugged your figure, the top a thick silk which faded down short, the rest of the dress being a layer of lace. "Oh, yeah, take it all in,"

Snickering at their gaped mouths you playfully glare back at Peter who had a disapproving frown. "Can't you wear a coat?"

"No, I can't, now let's get this show on the road before my feet give in," you took the arm Nat offered. Loki kept his eyes trailing, wandering. He had seen all of you, and this dress revealed almost all of it to others.

This did not settle well with him.

~~~

Lips puckered, bosom out, eyelashes fluttering, you looked like an A-class whore.

But this wouldn't beat these ladies, which is why your humming helped you perfectly. Alejandro, that hunk of a man scanned each one with no shyness before hearing your tune.

His steps skim back to you. "Sweetheart, what is your name?"

"Cassandra," you curtsy for him.

"Cassandra, you will do perfectly," he spun you around, humming with a sleazy smile. "Yes, indeed, have fun, my doll," He shooed the others away. "Once my men call for you, follow them for the best night of you life,"

He playfully roars at you, slapping your rear and leaving as you roar back at him seductively. Bucky leads you away, you see he was posing as Elliot, the guard in charge of bringing you to the right room.

"Roar?"

"He started it," you nudge the soldier and place a flinger to your ear. "I'll get him back for slapping my ass though, I do have an ok to do that right?" you hope.

"Later, for now just act like a..."

"Whore? You got it," winking at Cap from the staircase the party soon went into full swing.

~~~

Yi yi

Yi yi

- Anna ❤️