Chapter 3 - Love song

Loki watched you through the footage as the others discussed plans to take action. Musical notes comically left your lips, swirling around the room as if you were an animation.

"Lokes, what do you think we do?" Stark looks to the trickster who shrugs.

"I'm not certain on what measures should be taken..."

"I say we keep her here, at least until we know exactly who she works for and what they want with the Tesseract," Cap looks for approval.

"And what then?"

"Then... we find whoever is being held captive and being used as blackmail against her and hopefully that will be the last we see of Maestra," Bruce stands up when the group agrees with his plan.

"Alright then,"

~~~

Over the course of two months it seemed you were no closer to earning their trust. There was no opportunity to seize to prove your 'good' heart.

Parker, Stark, Rogers, Romanoff and Odinson were the only to visit you. Though to be fair, Peter did sneak in to see you.

"Miss Maestra?" Peter knocked on the glass snapping you out of your trance-like one person waltz.

"How may I help you, sweetheart? Don't you have school?" classical music stopped flowing out of whatever crevice it sourced from.

"Uhm... It's a public holiday..." he pulled up the chair and sat down. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead," you had to admit, the boy earned a soft spot in your heart whenever he passed the room, giving you a small wave from the viewing window.

"How did you do that? You know, make me pass out?"

"Simple frequency manipulation," you form an 'o' with your lips making his hands clasp over his ears. "I won't do anything, don't worry," you assure before letting out a low frequency and raising it and stopping.

"So... you're like Ember from Danny phantom?"

"I guess so,"

Peter tilts his head at you. "You said the person you work for is holding someone captive... is it your husband... or wife! I don't- I don't judge," the spider blurts out.

"No, no, not a partner, but someone very close," you stand up and tidy the bed. "I don't dabble in romantic love anymore,"

"Why not? I mean, you're a really pretty lady," Peter blushes bright pink. "I didn't mean to sound like I was flirting, I don't like you-"

"Peter, calm down, it's alright, you're a little too young for my taste anyways," you fold up the blanket and look back to him. "Now enough about my love life, who's caught your eye?"

"Me? Pfft, I don't like anyone,"

"Don't lie to me, Peter, what's her name?"

"Why does it have to be a her? It could be a he," he scoffs. "It's not, but like... yeah..."

"What's her name," you persist.

"MJ, she's... she's great," You smiled at the lovesick look in his eyes, his lips quivering into a grin at the thought of the girl.

"What is it about her that you like so much?"

"She's just so pretty! Wait, no, she's gorgeous, and so smart, she's really funny too," Peter looked down from the ceiling to meet your eye. "I don't know why I'm telling you all this... I just met you,"

"Because you know you can trust me... I'm not a bad person my hands are just tied,"

~~~

"And this is?" The slot opened and closed as Peter scrambled to sit down.

"I need help, Miss Maestra,"

"With?"

"Music... How do you write a love song?" a grin spread across your face as you dashed to the paper and sat down. "I couldn't think of anything..."

"Because I don't have my guitar this may be difficult... I'll try to hum a tune-"

"One second," Peter scampered out the room leaving you confused until he returned with your guitar. "I need all the help I can get, and I want this to be perfect,"

"Let's start," you tune the guitar and strum a note.

~~~

"What the hell?!" Tony gapes at the missing guitar, calling in all the Avengers. "Where could it have gone??"

"Check surveillance, see if Maestra is still in her cell," Bucky waits for Tony to do so.

"She has the guitar! She's with Peter!" Stark turned into full dad mode as the Avengers grabbed their weapons.

~~~

"Baby, I'd run the mile to you, fight it all for you," you and Peter harmonized as you played the melody on the guitar. "Just so I can love you~"

Peter surprised you with his vocals and sincerity with each word he sang, his thought on MJ alone.

"Back up," blasters loaded causing you to stop the song and look up. "Kid, are you ok?"

"Oh, hey, Mr Stark, I'm good," the teen smiles and collects the lyric sheet in front of him. "Can you teach me how to play tomorrow after school?"

"Bring your own guitar and I will," you slide the guitar back through the slot along with the sheet music you composed. "Good job, sweetie, she will love this," you give the boy a thumbs up as he grabs the papers and hands Stark the guitar.

"What spell did you put him under?" Barnes growled.

"Oh, I love it when you're feisty, Barnes, it's such a turn on," you sass back mockingly before laying in bed. "Peter wanted help writing a love song so I did just that... It's not like I have much to do in here anyways,"

"He gave you the guitar... and you didn't escape?"

"It was tempting but this is the first time I've been given a comfy bed and food that isn't rotten... Oh, and hot water, that's a big perk,"

Each hero lowered their weapons in confusion. "Seriously?"

"Yup, it's been quite some time," you hum and rest your eyes, classical music flowing back out through an unknown source.

~~~

I'm sleepy

I'm sleepy

- Anna ❤️