Chapter 14 - Tricks

"And what trick is it you think I'm pulling?" you could hear your heart pounding against your chest. It was utterly annoying but you carried on.

"Seduction,"

"It's only seduction if it's working..." you ran a hand through his raven hair as his hand slid along your waist. "Is it?" this whisper sent a shiver down his spine, mind too distracted by your obvious touch.

And not on the hand slipping into his wallet to grab the Stark credit card.

His shaky breath made you grin as you pull back and smiled at him. "Tell me if it did once you gain your silver tongue back," your finger trails along his lips before poking his nose.

He watched with lustful eyes as you strut away towards the front of the shop, grabbing a certain comic and going to the counter to pay for it. His head tilts as you bring out a green and gold card which looked too familiar.

"Seriously?" He took out his wallet and saw his card gone. His feet stormed up to you just as the comic was bagged and you held the card up for him to take.

"Thank you, darling, awfully sweet of you," the shit eating grin on your face lowered a glower on the god's. "I'll be sure to make it up to you~" thanking the cashier you find Peter reading a comic. "Find anything?"

He looks to the display to see the comic gone. "N-no," he sighs and places the comic away, taking your hand. "What did you get for yourself?"

"Hm? Nothing for me," you kiss his temple and hand him the bag. "I hope it's the right one,"

"What?" he looked into bag with shocked eyes then to you again. "How did you- When... What??"

"I'm not oblivious, pumpkin, but tell me if you like it, if not we can get you another one, alright?" he suddenly tackled you into Loki's arms.

"It's perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" you didn't hesitate to return the embrace. "How did you get the money? It was probably $120!"

"It was what??" Loki gaped. "For a book?"

"Quiet you, isn't it Stark's money?"

"Yes, but it's still part of my earnings," he growls making you roll your eyes.

"I'll make it up to you, trickster," patting his cheek sweetly, Peter was already reading the comic.

"And how will you do that?" he hums suggestively.

"Think of something and I'll consider it," you lead Peter away back to the parked car.

~~~

With peter's head in your lap, you ran a hand through his hair as he read the comic for the second time today.

"Thank you so much, Mu- Miss L/n,"

"I don't mind you calling me mum, Peter, it's not weird," his deep brown eyes looked wearily up at you, tears forming. "If you start crying, I will too,"

"Sorry," he sniffles and rubs them away with his sleeve.

"Tell me about this comic, I'm all ears, mainly because you love it so much and it did cost $120,"

Immediately the boy went off on a rant about each detail, showing you frantically each illustration. Analyzing every single frame flawlessly and answering any question you had.

His smile gleamed bright reminding you so much of Emerald... that's who Thanos had held as leverage... but who she was to you will be revealed later on.

You wouldn't- couldn't, you couldn't think to long about her or you'd surely burst into tears.

So for now you listened to Peter with great interest as he shifted position and ran back and forth from his room to show you everything.

~~~

Eventually everyone found out about the bullying. Mainly because the makeup you applied onto Peter wasn't exactly the most professional at covering the bruise.

They were all furious, threatening to rip the kid apart and ruin his life. Flash owes Peter his career because the spiderling assured everyone it was all fine. Nothing needed to be done, he pleaded to them and so it was left alone.

"Hey, mum? Can you pack up my breakfast for lunch? I'm going to MoMA!" Peter yelled from the hall as everyone was having breakfast.

"Mum?-" Vision looked confused.

"I already packed a lunch for you, pumpkin, ham and cheese, no crust, apple slices and a peach ice tea," you held out the bag to him as you flipped Thor's pancakes.

"You're the best!" you lean down as he placed a kiss on your cheek.

"There's also three chocolate bars in there for you to share with MJ and Ned, so don't forget to share,"

"Alright!" Peter waved from the elevator as it closed.

"Are we missing something?" Pietro gapes.

"Peter just sees me as a mother figure, that's it," you hum and give Thor his breakfast.

"And you know how to be a mother how?" Tony quirks a brow making you stop dead in your tracks as you cleaned the dishes.

"Instinct, it isn't hard to be a mother especially when you spend a few centuries caring for rowdy rogue Deity babies," you place away each dish to dry.

"How are deities born?" Bucky looked very interested.

"Like humans are, but for example, I was born from the cries of sirens as they devoured a man who had tried to seduce them... not as lovely," the group scrunches their face's up. "How we are born or who we are born of is what decides our gifts, the sirens granted me the skill of music and the fact they were devouring that man is why I specialize in sexual attraction,"

"Lovely," Sam pushes away his food, having lost his appetite.

~~~

:-)

:-)

- Anna ❤️