Chapter 29 - Couldn't hurt

Trying couldn't hurt, right?

It didn't have to happen fast but... the way he confessed, wanting you to take your time, it melted your heart.

Terrified you, no doubt, but gave you hope.

"Hey, Loki, mind if I join?" Loki looked up from the Ghibli studio movie.

"Not at all," He expected you to take the couch across the room but instead you sat beside him. He tensed up which you caught onto, internally frowning.

"When did you like Studio Ghibli?"

"The spiderling is fond of it, says their films are the very best," he clicks through for the next movie as that one ended

"Haven't had the pleasure to watch many of them, which one do you recommend?"

"Well, I haven't watched Howl's moving castle, but I heard it's quite the favourite,"

The movie was played and you leaned back against the cushions. Your heart raced faster than the speed of sound as you edged closer to Loki until you internally sighed when you were grazing next to him.

Why was this so difficult? Usually you'd be confident to do what you want! Tease, make the first move, anything! But this was nerve wracking.

The opening soundtrack soothed your nerves.

Lean closer

Damn your head. You zoned out and argued with your thoughts about what to do, to the point where you shifted a little too much.

"Are you alright?" Loki looked a little concerned.

"Hm? Y-yeah just a little... cold?" You hope the lie would work, change the subject. But he did the work for you. A green blanket draped over you both as he cuddled you closer. "Thanks," you mumble.

His fingers traced circles along your upper arm, his cheek pressed against the top of your head.

"Uhm, Loki?"

"Yes?"

"This is just cuddling right? I-I'm not looking for sex, I just-"

"Is that what you thought I wanted? Sex?" he chuckles, looking down at you.

"Well, I thought after all we did... and the fact that most men-"

"Y/n," he takes your hands and makes you look right at him. "What we did I hope you wanted as much as I, I don't want you to do something you don't long for as well," he cups your face. "And as for other men? I'm not like other men, darling, I actually care deeply for your wellbeing, what you do not want I will not do, what you want... I may consider if you play nice,"

Deepening your blush at his words, gods, he knew exactly what to say to make you scream in delight. He cared so much, and you? You were in deep but so far from admitting it.

"Thank you, Loki," You press a soft kiss to his cheek before leaning back into his arms.

~~~

"Afternoon, Loki," you settle beside him on the leather couch, fire crackling lightly.

"Afternoon, Y/n," he lets your head rest in his lap, hand instinctively running through your hair.

For a few months this became a routine of sorts. Every afternoon, after lunch, you would meet Loki in the library and read with him. Em was always busy with school and hanging out with MJ, you honestly cried a fair few times each night knowing she wasn't your little girl anymore.

"Mm, Loki?"

"Yes?" he turned the next page of his book before setting eyes to yours.

"There will be a dance at Em and Peter's school, Peter is taking MJ, thank the gods... and Em really wants to go..."

"And you're hesitant?"

"Can you blame me? She's 312-"

"Y/n," Loki sighed, lifting you to face him properly. "I was attending balls when I was just 100, she will be fine,"

"Asgardian balls are filled with elegance and class, this is a dance in a high school gym, Lokes,"

"Darling, listen," he poked your nose lightly. "You are the most amazing mother anyone could ask for, you wish for nothing more than her safety, I know that, but let her have fun,"

"But what if she gets drunk? Or someone makes a move on her?"

"Y/n, she is 312, to these Midgardians she is 5, if they do such a thing then I will personally rip them to shreds, I promise,"

"Really?" he hums with a nod. "Alright... Alright, I'll talk to the principal,"

~~~

"Good news, Em can go to the dance, even better news is I'm entertainment for the night!" Em lets go of your hand and rushes with Peter to watch TV.

"Entertainment?"

"Mhm, I'm playing a few songs live like the goddess of music should do,"

"Got an idea for a song... Electric love by BORNS," Wanda suggests with a smirk. The song started to play and you shrugged.

"Decent, thank you, Miss Maximoff," the witch salutes as Em shouts from the couch.

"Mummy! Can Mr Loki come to the dance too?"

You turn to Loki who sipped at his afternoon tea. "Anything for my sunflower," he smiles at the girl who fist pumps the air excitedly.

~~~

"My sunflower" that shit made me go soft

- Anna ❤️