Chapter 12 - Concerns

"If you sent anymore spells out, you might have drained yourself for the night," The next morning you found yourself in the library to spot the trickster reading as usual.

"I don't know what you're talking about," his creeping tint gave it all away.

"Hmm, I'm sure, but jealousy is a hard thing to hide, Loki," you trailed a hand along his shoulder and circled the arm chair before settling in his lap.

His hands immediately laid on your hips making you grin. "I wasn't jealous, I just had a bad feeling about that man,"

"And you sure it wasn't swayed by the way he touched me?" you ghosted your hand along his chest.

"Evident by your sorrowful drinking, he didn't exactly touch you right, darling," that growl... it drove you insane. You were never nerved by another person, another tease to pull, but right now he was tugging at every right heart string.

"And you think you can?"

"I'm certain of it," one hand along the small of your back and the other lifting your chin, you knew how to piss him off.

"I'm glad," you leant forward before climbing off him. "I'll consider the offer, my prince," bowing mockingly, you left quickly with a racing heart.

Loki sat back with a confused look before rolling his eyes, a hand grazing over his face in frustration. "Damn, goddess,"

~~~

"How was school, pumpkin?" You turn to the elevator to see Peter walk in wearing sunglasses.

"It was good, Miss L/n,"

Your heart dropped to the pit of your stomach as you walked up to him. "Want to take off those glasses and talk about it? I'll cut you some apples-"

"No thanks, Miss L/n, I'm good," he rushed down the hall making you furrow your brows.

~~~

Plate of apples in hand you knocked on his door quietly. "Uh, come in,"

"Pumpkin, what's wrong?" you look pointedly to the glasses he still wore.

"N-nothing, it's just really bright in here,"

"Peter, the curtains are closed," you tap your foot expectedly as he sighs and slumps against the desk. "Hey, hey, just talk to me," you drop beside his chair and take his hand.

"Promise not to get mad at me?" he mumbles with his pinky held out, you clutched it with an assured nod. His glasses lifted from his face to reveal a bruised eye. "It's not that bad-"

"Who did this to you?" your growl was low and threatening.

"You promised not to get mad!"

"I promised not to get mad at you, pumpkin, now tell me who did this to you before I rip that entire school to shreds," you took his hand in yours with a deadly look in your eyes.

"F-Flash, a kid in my school," he stutters out.

"Alright, my sweet, I'll be back with an ice pack and some hot chocolate, get in your PJs and into bed, understood?"

"Y-yes, ma'am,"

~~~

"How long has this been going on for?" you watched as he held the ice pack to his bruise. "Don't lie to me, Peter,"

"Uhm... since the first day of school?"

"A year??" Your ears fumed but exploded when he clarified.

"First day of... high school,"

"Well, it ends now, pumpkin, tomorrow I'm coming to school with you and we are talking with your principal, then with Flash himself, understood?"

"But-"

"No, Peter, this has gone on for too long, and you don't deserved to get bullied for whatever stupid reason they've thought of," grabbing the remote you place on a movie and tuck him into bed. "Rest up, I'll bring you dinner,"

"Thank you, mum," his tongue got caught, drink nearly spilling as he turned beet red.

"You're welcome, pumpkin," kissing his forehead, you left the room. Peter sat back with a sigh of disbelief, smiling down at the smiley face formed by marshmallows.

~~~

"Hi, my name is Y/n L/n, I was hoping for an appointment with the principal? I'm Peter Parker's guardian and have a few concerns," your voice was sickeningly sweet, your finger drumming against the kitchen counter.

"Mhm, oh, perfect, I'll see you tomorrow, thank you, Dianne," chirping this, you hang up and sigh.

"Why are you going to Peter's school?" Tony looked slightly concerned as the others got ready for dinner.

"Because your unobservant ass hasn't been seeing the clues," snarling this, you hear peter call for you. "Now, if you'll excuse me," you took the plate of spaghetti on a tray with some water and dessert.

"Horns, you're accompanying her so she doesn't kill anyone,"

"Why me?"

"Because none of us want to do it,"

Loki went to argue only to drop his words and sigh with frustrated defeat.

~~~

Mum mode on

Mum mode on

- Anna ❤️