Chapter 27 - Cuddles

"Y/n?"

"What the fuck do you want?" You growl, tossing and turning in bed. Discomfort too obvious.

"I come in peace, darling," he watches as you sit up, glaring at him before clutching your stomach. "Hot water bottle?"

"You will be allowed further," you reach out for the warm bottle, switching it for the cold one on your bedside.

"What about cuddles?" he hums, sitting on your tussled bed. He knew you were going to say no but was pleasantly surprised when you tugged his arm. "Really?"

"Were you joking about the offer?"

"No," he chuckles, climbing into the bed and hugging you tight. Your head snuggled under his chin, pulling him closer as the warm bottle soothed the aching muscles. He curled his fingers through your hair, placing a soft kiss on your crown every so often.

This felt like heaven on earth. Fuck.

It didn't help that the soft hum he held up sounded like angels, perfectly lulling you to sleep.

Tangled legs pulled closer until locked in a protective hold. "Sleep, darling, I'm right here,"

~~~

Emerald pattered along the hallway, balancing some brewing tea in a tray for herself. Slipping a cookie into her mouth from the stack she felt a strong heartbeat from your room. As if a large heart was pounding against the walls.

Slowly placing down the tray she opened the door to see you and Loki cuddled up against each other. The soft heartbeat being your two rhythms in sync, a pulse forming from the soft pink glow around the two.

Em tilted her head, seeing the glow fade away when your eyes open to see her. "Hey, baby, come here," She scurries over and climbs into bed. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, mummy," she coos, shifting between you and Loki. You look at the sleeping trickster with wide eyes, remembering what actions led to this.

Your arm slowly wrapped around your daughter as Loki lifted his lids to see the two of you. He chuckles quietly before hugging you and Em closer. The little girl's eyes fluttered shut in pure happiness at the moment, herself being sandwiched between two people lovingly.

~~~

When you woke from the long nap, or rather sleep considering how long it had been, a figure was missing from the bed. Loki had left. A frown fell to your face which you caught instantly.

This was not happening. You couldn't miss him. You can't like him like that!

"You like him," Em hummed.

"Like? Who, honey?"

"Mr Loki... I saw a pink glowy thingy around you two-"

"Glowy thingy?" You dismissed the first part about Loki and lifted her into your lap. "Oh, Em! That's the first sign of your powers!"

"Is it??" She giggles in delight.

"We need to start as soon as possible!"

~~~

"Start small, my sweet," You point to a small glass box with two ants, curtesy of Scott Lang who owed Bruce a favour. These ants, according to Scott, had mutual pining but didn't want to admit it.

"Ok," Em looked intensely at the two bugs who continued to scurry around aimlessly.

"Relax, Em," She nods in determination, breathing in and out before sighing when nothing happened. "I think you'll actually need this," You take out a small ring and place it on her finger and smile.

"What is it?"

"A special ring to help you harness your power, the stars gifted it on the night you were born,"

"Ok, ok, I can do this!" Em huffs and points her finger at the ants. A small wisp of pink surrounds the two organisms until they turn around and tackle each other in a love sick hug. "I did it!"

"I'm so proud of you!" You hug the girl tight, spinning her around. "Good job, sweetpea, good job,"

"When can I make people fall in love?"

"Honey, you can't make people fall in love, you just encourage the romance, give them hope," she frowns. "Love cannot be forced, it's a dangerous thing and you're very powerful to be able to harness a part of it's power,"

"Really?"

"Yes, really, now let's continue,"

~~~

The next few weeks was spent training Em, she was a fast learner just like you. She was confident, determined and eager to do good. Everyone continuously praised her when she did good and soon she was ready to try it out on real people.

Valentines day.

You wore a forest green slip dress, silk as soft as clouds. Em wore simple A-line green dress with a bow.

Considering everyone but Stark, Thor, Wanda and Vision were single as can be, it was just a given that you would all go out for dinner.

"Look at you, sunflower, you like a princess!" Em ran into Loki's arms giving him a big hug.

"Thank you, Mr Loki,"

"Where's mum?" Peter takes the girl's hand.

"Right here, don't worry, I just couldn't find my guitar," You hope into the living room, fitting on your heel. "That's right, revel in all my glory,"

"And you need a guitar for...?"

"Valentines day! Romance and sexual tension is fogging the air, can't stop a goddess from doign her job!" Slipping the strap over your shoulder, you fix Peter's hair. "Looking dashing, pumpkin,"

"Thanks, mum, you look great,"

"Come on! I want to start!" Em pleads, taking Nat and Bruce's hands, a soft pink wisp tainting their palms.

"Sneaky little girl," you chuckle.

~~~

Valentines~

Valentines~

- Anna ❤️