Chapter 17 - Holding on

"Oh, gods, do you hear that?" When you all got out the car, you were greeted with Spanish music. "Come on, Cap," luring the captain into your arms you start to dance along to the music as the street band played.

"Princesa," an adorable old man holds out his hand once Cap backed away with a laugh.

"Senor," you curtsy for the man who took your hand, dancing with you jolly-like. "Tu bailas muy bien, Senor," (You dance very well, sir)

He laughs whole heartedly, letting spin you under his arm, though had to bend down a little to do so. "¡Ninguna edad puede dejar de bailar!" he spins you out and back in. (No age can stop dancing!)

"Come on, Y/n!"

"Adios, Senor," you kiss his cheek before waving the dancing man goodbye.

"When did you speak Spanish?" Tony asks.

"I know the basics," humming along to the fading music you look at the grand hotel. "Now, this is nice,"

Walls were as high as can be, gold lined traditional art painted right onto the ceiling. Velvet couches were all the rage and beautiful bouquets were strewn about. Women who looked like models walked out with older men, each giving you a judgy eye only causing your skin to crawl.

Despite being confident most times... who could blame those little insecurities?

~~~

"We have one day before the actual party, rest up," Tony tosses keys around to everyone.

You were not used to this. The wooden floors caused not a single creak as a large carpet lay under the king sized bed. Beige overtook the colour scheme with warm light from the lamps, natural light streaming from the open windows captured your attention. The view was of the city and gods was it beautiful.

Colour drenched the buildings as the old cobblestone roads in the central of each square was booming with traditional music.

"Oh, Emerald, you would love this," slinging your suitcase open you hang each outfit up before jumping into the cloud-imitating bed. The door was knocked on twice by delicate hands; Stark.

"Dinner is in a few, the guys want to go exploring for some food and some want to stay here,"

"I think I'll stay here," you hum, leaning against the doorframe.

"Suit yourself," Tony left you be.

~~~

"Uhm, I didn't order two meals," you look to the waiter who shrugs, walking off.

"That's because I did," Loki stepped in place of the man. "I hope you don't mind, it seems we're the only two in,"

"Not at all," you let him push the carts in, your eyes checking to see if you looked ok in the mirror. "What did you order?"

"Paella,"

"Gazpacho," you reveal the dishes and smile at the sweet scent. "Bon Appetit... but in Spanish,"

~~~

How did it get to this? Slow dancing on the balcony with the god of mischief.

He had just come over for company and now here you were. Hands clasped tight nothing but a shine in each other's eyes. One hand around his neck and his one on your waist.

This was terrifying.

You haven't felt such a way in so long. The last relationship ended in shambles and this? Too good to be true. He held you close, held you as if it would save him from certain death.

Listening intently to each hum you emitted, Loki adjusted to pull you closer, flush you against his chest.

He loved the way you teased and flirted with him. Your remarks catching him off guard to which he would stifle a laugh. The way your lips locked with his.

It was one night; a night to settle a deal. To him? It meant much more and it pained him to know it meant nothing more to you.

When you kissed him, his heart lit up in glee. As when his hands lovingly held you, your heart sparked in delight.

But you knew nothing more would come from this.

To him you were a quick night, pleasure and forget. Maybe not forget in hopes for another night. At least that's what you thought as he thought you felt the same.

He thought you only bed him for release from frustrations of the failed hook up during the party.

Gods, it drove him insane. How you complied then took control, how you moaned his name, held him close, locked eyes.

He wanted more, he wanted to hold you in his arms. He wanted to breakdown that barrier he used to put up so you could see the good that you were missing out on.

The good he could provide. Affections and affirmations for you and you only.

And as much as you denied, scowled and groaned at the thought of romance you only wished to try it out once more. Once more with him.

His dazzling eyes could hold the star perfectly, the entranced you each time you looked up.

And to you, the only way to get his affections was through sexual intimacy.

It was the only way you knew how.

~~~

E

- Anna ❤️