Chapter 21 - Emerald

"My liege, I am able to get the tesseract by the end of the day,"

Thanos let out a rumble of a laugh. "Very good, child, we will meet you down on earth... Emerald will be traded for the stone,"

"Thank you, my liege," you bow and sprint out the room, gasping awake to return to reality.

~~~

"Still scared?"

"I jumped off a roof, this thing doesn't scare me anymore," You let salsa music play, dancing along the landing platform.

Everyone made their way towards the meeting room where Fury was waiting. The aura that man gave off intimidated the life out of you... but you had to get this done. You had to get Emerald.

"Well done, everyone," Fury looked over the plans with a ghost of a smile. Taking a deep breath you walk to Hill.

"Bathroom?"

"Mm, down the hall," she points out the door and to the right. Perfect.

"You're a darling," making your way out, you whistle a tune to lead towards the tesseract. Passing it, the cameras pan to watch you. Increasing the frequency the cameras buzz and fizz until they shut down.

Tapping the keys, the door opens to show a scientist reporting on the cube. "Hey, you can't-"

"Shut it," you punch him square in the face and take the cube.

~~~

"Tesseract has been taken!" An agent calls to the group.

"Where is Y/n?" The group pales and runs out the room.

"What is she doing??" Your figure was seen strutting out the platform with a parachute.

"Y/n!" Loki called out for you once the platform door slammed open.

"Sorry, everyone, it was lovely meeting you, but I have a job to do!" holding the cube out, you kiss it sweetly before leaping off with a wink.

"Y/n!" Thor growls as everyone climbed into the quinjet to catch up. Wind rushed past you like a whirring tune, your eyes closed, bracing for the tug once you release the chute.

In the distance, a beam reigned down on a street, figures larger than the average man standing tall. Thanos.

Landing as gracefully as possible, you unclip the bag and take out the tesseract.

"Y/n, don't you dare!" Cap shouts once the jet landed.

"Mum, please!" Peter pleads making your heart drop. Turning around you mouth a simple 'I'm sorry' before walking to Thanos.

"The stone for her," you hold out one hand making Proxima throw a bag across to you. It writhed and wriggled until a h/c girl emerged.

"Mummy!" She cries out, running for you as the tesseract landed in front of the black order.

"Mummy?" Nat looked to the group with a face of realisation.

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry, mummy's so sorry," you embrace your daughter with a tight hug as you sob against her shoulder. "Mummy is so sorry,"

"It's ok, I'm ok," she grabs your face with her tiny hands.

"Loki," Thanos grins at the trickster god who stepped back in fear. "Wonderful doing business with you, Maestra,"

You nod at Thanos before looking back at your daughter, ignoring the leaving beam. Running your shaky hands through Emerald's hair she clung tight onto your clothes.

"It was my birthday,"

"I know, I'm sorry I missed all of them for the past decade," you lift her up.

"Will you sing happy birthday?"

"As many as you want, sweetpea," she sudden pulled back, pointing to the contemplating heroes. "Let mummy deal with this, Em,"

The girl jumped off your hip and took your hand. "Y/n," Wanda started.

"I know... Go ahead, lock me up, torture me, whatever, but I had to save my little girl," You saw Thor hold out cuffs.

"No!" Emerald's gem like orbs started to glow a dangerous colour.

"Hey, baby, it's ok, they're mummy's friends!" you chuckle, holding your hands out for Thor to cuff. Emerald snarled at the heroes as she took your restrained hands. "Lead the way," you smile to the heroes, finally content with having Emerald back.

~~~

"Oh! I know my constellations!" Emerald pointed to the heavens beyond the quinjet roof.

"Do you now?" You tease. "Who taught you that?"

"The purple bitch," she grins making you burst into laughter.

"Watch your language, sweetheart," you bounced her up and down on your leg as she started to go off on a tangent about the fruits she was given every morning.

Watching her eyes sparkle like they always did, the forest green hues brought you back to a certain god whos eyes were watching you intently.

Meeting his gaze, you watched them harden with betrayal. It was bound to happen but when you saw it, it hurt much more than you thought it would.

~~~

Yeet

Yeet

- Anna ❤️